• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empowering Women: Exploring the Latest Issue of EW Magazine

A
Andrea1627
Well, I just picked up an issue of EW magazine and I'm going to pour through it tonight! I'm excited...!!!

I am waiting for mine to come in the mail and I am so excited to bring it to my shows!!

gilliandanielle said:
I am waiting for mine to come in the mail and I am so excited to bring it to my shows!!
You should have it today, or at least thats what the postal clecrk told me:D :D

I came back from Wave 1 and did this right away:

Take the magazine and pull it apart (open it in half and tear it in two, then tear each page out carefully). Trim the pages slightly so they fit into page protectors and insert the page protectors into a colorful binder.

Put the front cover of the magazine into the front of the binder (I used the type of binder with the plastic sleeve on the cover).

You now have a binder that you can share with EVERYONE that will stay clean!!!!

It looks awesome and works GREAT!!!

Good luck with this, let me know how it works for you!

Is this a Pampered Chef magazine or something you can buy on the newstands?

You've piqued my curiosity.........again. :)

Kris

It is a Direct Sales Magazine and is available at Barnes and Noble....I am sure you could get it anywhere they carry lots of magazines! IT IS AWESOME!!!

It will be available to us on the paperwork order form.

ihavethetools said:
Is this a Pampered Chef magazine or something you can buy on the newstands?

You've piqued my curiosity.........again. :)

Kris

You can get this at Barns and Noble bookstore or Waldens/Borders I think. It's a magazine called Empowering Women. The August issue is all about Pampered Chef. They are selling it at the conference but for those of us that couldn't go we can get it at Barns and Noble or Waldens I think. Its in the Business section of the Magazines. My step mom picked me up a copy since I don't have a Barns and Nobles close to me. Since I don't have mine yet I've heard that it is very interesting to read. I can't wait to get mine. Someone on one of the other groups I'm on said PC is going to make it available on our supply list I'm not sure. Hope that helps.

Okay girls....you're kinda giving some info away;)

Okay girls....you're kinda giving some info away

Ru Ro!!!

Funny, I was going to go to B&N this week but ended up not. Gotta go get it!

Kris

I was trying to decide if I needed the pack we are suppose to be able to order or should just go and get one. But, I use a 3 ring binder for my host packets and thought this would be good to stick in the front pocket along with the opportunity brochure. I think I will pick up a copy this weekend. If I like how it reads I will probably order the package. Since you can already get the magazine, I don't consider telling us we can eventually order it as giving anything away.

It's not giving info away when it's on the newstands before conference even started. I'm not even going to conference and I've had it for 2 days now. Just don't read it TOO close if you want to be completely suprised @ conference ;)

lacychef said:
Okay girls....you're kinda giving some info away;)

I posted info on this magazine last Friday, it was given to me as reading material for the plane from my boss (3 days before conference even started). At the time I had no idea it would be a give away, so I do not feel bad about sharing info on this magazine. It has been on newstands since July 1st.

A tip, if you purchase the at conference, and are purchasing a surprise box, add them to the box to ship home. They are very heavy and may put your suitcase over weight.

Thanks Ginger! You're the best!

I read every line last night! It is awesome! What a WONDERFUL tool for recruiting! I like the binder idea...you can give it to potential recruits and then tell them you'll p/u in 3 days or something like that. Just long enough to pique their interest, huh?

BAM...you got a new one! :)

If they are currently ordering alot anyway, they might as well go ahead and be a consultant, huh?

Oh, and BTW, I got mine at my local bookstore at the mall, Bookland.

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks Ginger! You're the best!

Mine's on it's way too and I agree....Ginger, you're the best!! :D

I must also say though that Abey is the best too ;) :D

Now I have one for me and one for my binder :D :D

P.S. Supply order or not, I don't like to wait ;)

I got mine today! What an AWESOME recruiting tool. I have one potential recruit. I bought an extra one. I think I'll do the binder and protector sheets thing and let her borrow it from me. I just hope I get it back. I guess that's the risk we have to take sometimes.

I was going to start reading the whole thing tonight, but guess I better wait. I don't want to spoil some surprises since I'm going to Wave 3 on Monday!

I got mine at Borders.

Theres a picture of a new product in it, thats all I'm saying!!!

OOOOOOHHHHH I am bad.....:eek:

That was a big faux-pas with PC - they forgot the new pic was in it and the magazine was not supposed to hit the newstands until after Wave 3. That was the talk at the Directors Event!

~~~ I'm sneaking away as you go to find the pic.......I will say it is not easy to spot.....we spotted it driving to the airport and screamed and jumped and almost ran off the road...we just knew!!!!

I haven't looked close yet, but I did notice Patty Mocerino was not using the guard for the US&G!

I noticed that too!

I did see something that looks a little different on pg. 88 - just the packaging. Can't read it - my eyes are too old:). With a quick pass that's all I noticed.

Never mind - I noticed it now.

Ginger, the magazine got here today, but the stupid mailman said he couldn't fit it into my mailbox (a magazine!?! Come on!!) so I have to pick it up tomorrow between 10 and 3. Guess who has a scrapbook party tomorrow from 10 to 4?? Me! So it looks like Monday I will FINALLY get to see what all the fuss is about!

gilliandanielle said:
Ginger, the magazine got here today, but the stupid mailman said he couldn't fit it into my mailbox (a magazine!?! Come on!!) so I have to pick it up tomorrow between 10 and 3. Guess who has a scrapbook party tomorrow from 10 to 4?? Me! So it looks like Monday I will FINALLY get to see what all the fuss is about!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..........that stinks!!:( , maybe they'll let you go there earlier. I would call them first thing in the morning & see what they say!;)

BTW...it is quite large:rolleyes:

AWWW
Better than him tearing it up trying to get it in though.

Going to check out this magazine today at the mall, and if they don't have it I'll go to B&N.

If I had worked my business harder when I was home this winter..........I'd be at Wave 3 now..............

:( :( :(

How many people attend each conference these days?
I can't remember myself how many in the 'old days' :rolleyes: but I do remember that the last one I went to, before they split them in to 3, there were a LOT of people there!

Kris

I searched and searched that magazine with a fine tooth comb and could not find a new product for the life of me. I think I did find a redesigned one though (after looking through it 10 times)!

Did you know that you can take the magazine to any Copy Center or Office Max type place, and they will trim and Serlox bind it for you so that it will lay flat like our recipe books do. OR just ask them to trim it for you, so you do
not have to risk messing up a page. It's going to be a really snug fit in the plastic protective sleeves, unless 1/2" is trimmed at the bound edge. I just measured mine with a plastic page.
My understanding is that we are not going to be given a FREE copy. I asked
someone in Wave 1, and they said we get an opportunity to buy only 2 blister packages of 5 copies, at 50% off the newstand price which was $5.95,
at Borders. We can also order them on our F/W Supply Order, and not have to deal with that weight on the way home.

I just finished tearing my magazine apart, trimmed it, and put it in a binder with plastic sleeves. I wish I had known about Office Max services about 2 hours ago (LOL) I gave 2 of my magazines to my recruits, and took 1 to a possible recruit to read. What a great tool this is for recruiting !!

I searched and searched that magazine with a fine tooth comb and could not find a new product for the life of me. I think I did find a redesigned one though (after looking through it 10 times)!

You could call it redesigned! ;)

Well I got my magazine and LOVE it!!!
I am SO motivated, and have read only the first few pages.

I flipped through to find anything that would look like a new product but didn't find it. I'm thinking you have to know what you're looking for???

Anyway, I'm more interested it what it's saying.

But hey! This is not the first issue is it? I ask because their website said that the issue focusses on Avon........I didn't find anything about Avon in this issue.

No way will I tear it apart, it's put together too nicely. I may see if I can find one of those magazine covers like libraries use and put a few issues into those. I found a website with such things, it may have been ebay, but I'll go on the hunt at nighttime sometime, see what I can come up with.

Thanks for telling us all about this!

Kris

We heard at conference that this was the 3rd issue. The first focused on Avon, the second on Beauty Control. Then PC - and that PC was by far the best cover and best material inside!

NOw I have to find these, with all this talk on these threads~! It would be a perfect thing to send potential recruits it sounds like! With the Recruiting Promo for July this would go well with the Magazine in a Recruiting packet!! Will try Staples today, if not there is a Barnes and Noble at the local mall!

thanks for your tidbits!

I searched all over Fort Smith, AR for the magazine...no luck. I went to Books-A-Million and they said they have it, but they could not find it on the shelf anywhere. I looked through every magazine there with no luck. I am thinking they haven't put it on the shelf yet.

I'm sure the magazine is large, but you could have sent me bobby pins. Anything not in a totally flat envelope has to be picked up. They all scurry when I come in because it is rediculous what they withold for pickup and I let them know! They are too lazy to load it into their cars so they leave it at the post office and make me go pick it up. Grrrrr!!!

This magazine will be avaiable to us on supply order or so I've been told.

Ladies,

Don't go out rushing to snatch up multiple copies. This WILL be on supply order for HALF the newsstand price!

Is EW Magazine the name of the "zine"? I'd like to go to Barnes and Nobles tomorrow and look for a copy myself.

OK, I finally made it to B&N tonight- guess what? Someone had called, reserved all the copies and already taken them!
So, I went to Borders, they had lots of copies of Volume 2 (Beauty Control) but none of Pampered Chef!! ARRRR!!

I bought the 5 issue pack at conference, and I tore 1 copy apart, put the pages in page protectors, and put in a binder like JWPamp suggested, and it worked wonderful at my show yesterday. I just passed it around before the show. The other copies I am giving to my new recruits and potential recruits. I will probably have to order more, but it is a good price through supply.

pampchefrhondab said:
I haven't looked close yet, but I did notice Patty Mocerino was not using the guard for the US&G!

Anyone notice what she is wearing???;) ;) ;) ;)

Ginger428 said:
Anyone notice what she is wearing???;) ;) ;) ;)

Yep, and I had just ordered a new one about 2 months ago. Oh well.

Oh, I hope she's wearing a new apron. I'm tired of the denim one.

Still demin, but with the new logo. It took me 10 minutes to figure out what the difference was!

EW MagazineDoes Empowering Woman have a website? If so, what is the link?:confused:

Paige Dixon, do you happen to live in the Long Beach area? Because, I also called and reserved all the copies that B&N had... sorry. I'm sure you will find a copy. It is a beautiful magazine and I feel so motivated already.

This is what I found
http://www.empoweringwomen.com/

I'm glad they're still denim. How long have they been? When I started way back in the 80's they were a light tan color, I still have mine, and then I earned a red one, which I still have. LOL, i use my tan one to put chlorine in our above ground pool.......I always manage to splash it on me if I don't wear the apron.

I love how they have done such a range of age groups of successful PC people! Doesn't matter how old or young you are!

Kris

Sk8Mom209 said:
I posted info on this magazine last Friday, it was given to me as reading material for the plane from my boss (3 days before conference even started). At the time I had no idea it would be a give away, so I do not feel bad about sharing info on this magazine. It has been on newstands since July 1st.

I AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! My director and I were freaking out at the General Session when they announced it. We were the idiots waving it in the air screaming, "Got it, love it!". LOL I guess some didn't appreciate that because there was a comment made at Breakfast of Caring to Jean Jonas, who sat at the same table as me. The person who mentioned it to Jean thought it was a Wave 1 leak. I was aggravated because they were too busy being judgemental that they didn't realize it was already on news stands. You know I had to say something! I couldn't let them think that! So I took a deep breath and said. "I don't think that's neccesarily the case. My friend's boss gave it to her to read on the flight over to conference. Its been on the news stand since July 1st. When I heard about it I went to Borders and bought it on my way to the airport." The looks on their faces! :D

I sat with Jean Jonas at the Directors Event the last night - and I may be one of the "leakers" from Wave 1! (unintentionally!) She was talking about the magazine and a couple of us at the table talked about how we read it on the plane and she was speechless for a second! She then asked where we got it and I said Books-a-Million and another girl told her there was the pic in there of the redesigned product. She ended up laughing about it, but you could tell she was somewhat bothered that the magazine was on the newstands before conference!

Cindycooks said:
I sat with Jean Jonas at the Directors Event the last night - and I may be one of the "leakers" from Wave 1! (unintentionally!) She was talking about the magazine and a couple of us at the table talked about how we read it on the plane and she was speechless for a second! She then asked where we got it and I said Books-a-Million and another girl told her there was the pic in there of the redesigned product. She ended up laughing about it, but you could tell she was somewhat bothered that the magazine was on the newstands before conference!

I l-o-v-e Jean, but she can't honestly expect them to hold back the magazine just because its not convenient for PC. She wasn't complaining about it. Someone was complaining to her. Honest to Gad, I get a moment with her, I can assure you I will NOT be complaining about anything. What a wasted opportunity for that consultant!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • jenniferlynne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • cat