• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing a Show at a Holiday Party

In summary, the conversation revolves around a potential host considering having a cooking show at her annual tree trimming party. The host is not very familiar with the company and the consultant is seeking advice on how to handle the demo and presentation. There is also discussion about making sure the guests are aware that the consultant will be there to sell products. Overall, the consultant is seeking input and advice from others in the company.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hello:

A potential host has a tree trimming party every year, and she is considering having me do a cooking show at the party. We talked a little bit about collaborating on the menu and cooking. She wants to think about it as she plans her party (Dec 1)

She is what I would call a lukewarm prospect; she was my financial advisor and we met just a couple times. She doesn't seem too familar with PC. She was polite when I spoke with her, but thoughtful when considering how we'd integrate PC into her party.

I sent her information about PC, host benefits, and a link to the PC website.

My question for you all is: what has been your experience not being the focus or reason for the get-together? How do you do the demo and presentation? Did anyone resent that they were there for a party, and you were there to sell PC?

Thank you for your input!
Susan

Is she going to let her guests know you will be there, ready & willing to take their orders? Maybe she could let them know you can help them get some shopping done while they are socializing?! I say as long as they know you'd be there, they can chose to order, or not! As far as a demo, I'd talk to her & see what she wants. Maybe have the food ready to serve, and just do a garnishing demo or 2!
Good luck!! Hope it goes really well~if nothing else, it'll definately get your name out there, and maybe fill your calendar for Jan & Feb!!

It sounds like to me that she's hiring you to cater for her... does she really understand that you sell products, not prepare food?

The fact that she's not too familiar with PC puts up red flags, in my opinion. Does she really understand that you will be there to do a demo and sell things, not just serve as a caterer? If she does know that, then make sure, if you decide to do it, that she tells all her guests that you will be there, too. I'd feel ambushed if I went to a party-party (not a home sales party) and there was someone there selling things with no warning.

Who approached whom? If she approached you, then make sure she understands what you are going to be doing there, like Ann said. If you approached her, I would set up a January show with her so people can use up that holiday cash and purchase what they didn't get from gifts.

hi everyone...
thank you for the thoughts and ideas. i agree that i need to make it very clear that i am there to sell, and that she needs to make her guests aware of it too.
thanks!

Related to Doing a Show at a Holiday Party

1. What types of holiday parties are suitable for hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Any type of holiday party can be a great opportunity to host a Pampered Chef show! This includes office parties, family gatherings, friends' holiday parties, and even neighborhood get-togethers. The more people at the party, the better chance for a successful show.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if I host a Pampered Chef show at a holiday party?

Absolutely! Hosting a show at a holiday party is a great way to earn host rewards. Our host rewards program applies to all shows, regardless of the occasion. You can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials.

3. How far in advance should I book a Pampered Chef show for a holiday party?

We recommend booking your show at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This will give you enough time to invite guests and for us to process and ship any orders in time for the holiday. However, if you have a last-minute party, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

4. Can I customize the menu for the show to fit the holiday theme of my party?

Yes, you can! Our consultants are happy to work with you to customize the menu for your holiday party. We have a wide variety of recipes to choose from, and we can also make suggestions based on the type of party you are hosting.

5. Are there any special promotions or deals for hosting a Pampered Chef show at a holiday party?

Yes, we often have special holiday promotions and deals for hosts. These can include discounted products, free shipping, or even bonus host rewards. Be sure to ask your consultant about any current holiday promotions when booking your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies