• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Host Wants Party on a Date I Can't Do

In summary, the person receiving the message from the original host of a party booked in April wants a party in July, but is worried that they will be too busy with their new baby. They offer to find another consultant to do the party, but are unsure if they are obligated to do so.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I just got a message from someone who had initially booked a party in June (from an April party). I had left her a number of messages but never heard back from her. The past host that she booked from told me she had moved, so I stopped leaving messages, assuming that she was just too busy to book a party.
I've stopped doing cooking parties for July, as our baby is due in about 2 weeks, and will start up, again for sure in September, possibly end of August depending on how things go.

Anyway, the message she left me was essentially saying that she wants a party on July 22, and as I might be too busy (she must have remembered that was I pregnant), if I couldn't do it, could I find someone else to do the party.

How would you respond to this?? I left her a message (it was her work number, after hours) saying that I'd love to do a party but was not available during July because of our baby, but would be happy to do a party towards the end of August/beginning of September.

But would I be obligated to find her another consultant who could do a July 22 party for her?? It just feels a little odd to be asked such a question... :(

It is a little bit odd to be asked such a question. Not sure whether or not you'd be obligated to follow through with this or not.

Obviously, best case scenario is she'll call you back and book for Aug/Sept. However, if she insists on July 22, I also happen to live in Edmonton (I'm in Mellisa Toennies cluster), and wouldn't mind doing the party if that saves you from searching around for another consultant. You can send me a PM if you'd like.

If she is adamant about July 22nd then you'll need to offer the show to another consultant. If you have any downline you should offer one of them your show. But first I would see if she would be willing to book when you come off of maternity leave. It really is up to you as to how you handle your host.

I offer that service in my area too. If they need to have a show on a day that I'm not available, I ask them if they would like to do another date, hold a catalog show (several said YES when I was on Maternity Leave) or call around to other consultants and offer the show to them. I used to call cluster mates, but at the same time that I started getting a dowline, all the cluster mates either moved away or quit doing PC, so now the downline gets my shows. If you don't have a down line or local cluster mates, definitely go with ScrapperGirl7. She's right there, local & willing to do it for you. Of course, regardless of who you give the show too, if you give it away, you loose the sales and the bookings. You can't expect them to share. Ultimately, havign a happy host is the main goal. She will remember that you went above & beyond to try to accommodate her even when it didn't benefit you and she's likely to relay that verbally to her friends/family. You certainly don't want her out there complaining that you couldn't do it & left her hanging without trying to help. Plus, whoever you give the show to might have an opportunity to pay you back in the future when they encounter a similar situation. ;) It's always good to have other consultant friends nearby! We invite every consultant that we encounter to our cluster meetings so that we can get to know them & have a good working relationship with them. It really does make life easier especially if you are packing for a show & realize that you are out of the spice you need, etc. If you've made friends with other consultants in the area, you now have a support system to fall back on. ;)

If someone wants a date that I can't do, I offer the party to my downline. In June, I had to do this twice, because we were on vacation for two weeks, and I had hosts who wanted the June Host Bonus...

BUT I would let her know about the amazing August Host Bonus, and try to entice her to book August with that.

I like Becky's idea! and maybe she would be willing to wait till August to get the extra host bonus??? But if she's not and you find another consultant to do her show in July, maybe ask her if she would be interested in doing a fall launch show in Sept? Once all the great new fall products are out???

That is a tough situation! She has to be understanding...you are having a baby for crying out loud!
Good luck!
~Abigail

If you give the party to someone else, it's it ok to ask to split the commission or get a portion of it?

Not really. The consultant who does the show reaps the rewards. You can, however, discuss with the other consultant how you want to handle bookings.

JackieB999 said:
If you give the party to someone else, it's it ok to ask to split the commission or get a portion of it?

No. When you give it away, you've given it away. I don't even ask for any of the bookings. The hope is that someday that consultant or another consultant will be able to pay you back with the same courtesy. ;)

Oh well...
I just talked to this customer, and offered August/September, but in August she's away on holidays, and September she figures people are busy with back-to-school stuff. She's just made her decision, and wants her party now, not later!
She actually already had the name of another consultant through a friend of hers, so that decision was pretty much already made. I know the consultant she'll be going with, so I know she'll be in really good hands and will have a great party, so that's good to know.
Just too bad for me... oh well! :( l obviously I didn't make as strong a connection as I needed to with this customer.
Life goes on, and there are others!

1. Can I reschedule my party to a different date?

Yes, absolutely! We understand that schedules can change, so we are happy to work with you to find a new date that works for both of us. Just let us know as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements.

2. Can I have someone else host the party on the date I can't do?

Definitely! We have a great hostess program where you can have a friend or family member host the party for you. They will still earn all the same rewards and you can still be involved in the planning and guest list. Just let us know and we can make it happen!

3. Will I miss out on any rewards if I can't do the party on the original date?

No, you won't miss out on any rewards! As long as the party is still held within the designated party period, you will still earn all the hostess rewards and benefits. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible.

4. How far in advance do I need to reschedule my party?

We recommend rescheduling at least 2 weeks in advance so we have enough time to plan and invite guests. However, if something unexpected comes up and you need to reschedule last minute, just let us know and we will do our best to make it work.

5. Can I still invite the same guests to the rescheduled party?

Of course! You can invite the same guests or even add new ones to the list. We want to make sure you have a successful party, so feel free to invite whoever you think would be interested in attending. We can also help you with creating invitations and managing RSVPs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • ccmahaffey