• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Hosting a Successful Combo Party with Partylite and PC | Expert Advice

not sure that would fly. You could even draw on the fact that they are her friends, and may want to hang out longer after her demo, but you have a family to get back...not sure that would fly.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I got an outside order for a party I am doing on Friday. When I spoke to the lady to confirm her order, she said she would like to host a PC party. (I was thrilled--I rarely have someone tell me that they want to book a party.)

As it turns out, she wants to do a combo party with Partylite :eek: I tried explaining that joint parties rarely work out because people have a set budget in mind when they come, and sales could suffer for both representatives. Then she said that SHE is the Partylite rep and she's still going to make money anyway.

We have a tentative date of September 10. Any advice on how to handle this? I've never done combo parties before.

I have done a couple combo parties as well as parties who ae reps with other companies. Make sure you still host coach with her...encourage at least 50 invites, still offer to send the invites, reminder calls, etc.

For the party itself, really try to do an interactive demo...this way your portion of the party will be fun and you can make the guests want the your products more than the candles. Be fun, energetic, and even if things aren't going the way you want be sure no one knows that.

I did a combo show with TS and I sold over $700, one with 31 and sod $300. I did a show for a party lite girl, who I didn't host coach and had $150 in sales and a possible booking.

So, my advice is to really host coach the entire time, and be FUN and/or very informative at the party to make you stand out over her.

Good luck

I'm doing an open house with a TS friend and a Scentsy friend a week from Saturday. We're all inviting from our own pool of customers and hosts, so hopefully that'll mean a good turn out and good results for all three. If a host wants to combine a party, I discourage it, reminding them that people will still only have a finite amount of money to spend. If she thinks she can get a huge number of people there, then sure, but most of my hosts can't do that.

PamperedchefDaly said:
I got an outside order for a party I am doing on Friday. When I spoke to the lady to confirm her order, she said she would like to host a PC party. (I was thrilled--I rarely have someone tell me that they want to book a party.)

As it turns out, she wants to do a combo party with Partylite :eek: I tried explaining that joint parties rarely work out because people have a set budget in mind when they come, and sales could suffer for both representatives. Then she said that SHE is the Partylite rep and she's still going to make money anyway.

We have a tentative date of September 10. Any advice on how to handle this? I've never done combo parties before.

Haha! Yes, it works out for HER either way. You will only be getting half of the guests sales, though. Perhaps you can ask if YOU can be the host of her Partylite show so YOU'LL get the benefits of both as well. Seems only fair...

Haha! Yes, it works out for HER either way. You will only be getting half of the guests sales, though. Perhaps you can ask if YOU can be the host of her Partylite show so YOU'LL get the benefits of both as well. Seems only fair...

That's exactly the way I see it.

Thanks everyone for your input. If she insists, then I will go with it. A show is a show. I will simply insist that I go first and make it interactive. This way, her guests can see and have fun at my demo, then eat the food while they watch the (yawn) candle demo.

not to sound snarky but I would also ask her to refrain from lighting her candles before your demo. Some of their fragrances can overpower the taste of food.

I had the same thought. Thanks!

PamperedchefDaly said:
That's exactly the way I see it.

Thanks everyone for your input. If she insists, then I will go with it. A show is a show. I will simply insist that I go first and make it interactive. This way, her guests can see and have fun at my demo, then eat the food while they watch the (yawn) candle demo.

You could even draw on the fact that they are her friends, and may want to hang out longer after her demo, but you have a family to get back home to. Will she be doing an actual demo of the products? A jewelry party I attended once was more about the booking and recruiting parts than any of the products. Let her know that you'll have to be home by x:xx, and thus need to do your demo first and be able to take orders immediately following.

I did a party for a girl who sells jewelry. After I was all done and people were getting up to get some food and place orders she announced that she has some jewelry stuff set up with the new items in the dining room if anyone wants to also stop there and take a look. I was a little surprised that she did that, but was glad she did it when I was all done. It didn't effect sales at all. She had a packed house and over a $1000 party. :) So maybe this host could do something like that.

I figure a show is a show. I've done combo shows in the past with consultants from other companys and it always worked out okay.

If the candle gal sees how much fun people have at PC shows, and how easy our products are to sell, she might turn into a recruit!

katem51 said:
I figure a show is a show.

I used to think this.

Now, I'm at a point where the time I'm away from my family doing the show (and the time I spend prepping for it) is valuable to me, and the show must be worth that effort. Going out to someone's house to hang out for 3 hours and barely get $150 in sales is not worthwhile for me (unless it's my BFF, but that's not everyone). The show has to at least cover my expenses of getting there.

1. What is a Partylite Rep?

A Partylite Rep is an independent consultant for PartyLite, a company that sells candles and home decor products. They host parties and sell PartyLite products to customers, earning commission on their sales.

2. Can a Partylite Rep also host a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, a Partylite Rep can also host a Pampered Chef party. As an independent consultant, they are free to work with multiple direct sales companies.

3. Is there a conflict of interest if a Partylite Rep hosts a Pampered Chef party?

No, there is no conflict of interest. Both PartyLite and Pampered Chef are direct sales companies that offer different products. A Partylite Rep can choose to sell and promote whichever products they prefer.

4. Can a Partylite Rep become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, a Partylite Rep can also become a Pampered Chef consultant if they choose to. They would need to sign up as a new consultant and go through the onboarding process, but they can continue to work as a Partylite Rep as well.

5. How can a Partylite Rep benefit from hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party can be a great way for a Partylite Rep to expand their network and potentially increase their sales. They can also earn commission on any Pampered Chef products sold at their party, in addition to their PartyLite sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom