• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Capacity of Our Appetizer Plate Caddy - Perfect for Any Occasion!

In summary, the appetizer plate caddy will hold up to 14 plates. It is best to tote the caddy with a microfiber towel and an extra tool tote.
tabnat80
Gold Member
How many plates will the appetizer plate caddy hold? I have a customer wanting to order the caddy and cranberry plates. Will it hold all the white and one set of cranberry plates?

It will only hold 12 plates I tried it tonight and couldnt get them all in

I stack them white, white, cranberry, white, white, cranberry... ending with white, white.

I get 14 in there (so I have 2 white left over). I found that it depends on the plates. Some are slightly larger than others so if the larger ones are on top the extra 2 won't fit.

my mom loved them so much she ordered 2 caddys

BethCooks4U said:
I stack them white, white, cranberry, white, white, cranberry... ending with white, white.

I get 14 in there (so I have 2 white left over). I found that it depends on the plates. Some are slightly larger than others so if the larger ones are on top the extra 2 won't fit.

This is the way it works for me too. I do this for all of my shows. I've only sold two at full price, but every host for Nov has chosen it as their 60% off item.

What is the best way to tote them to shows? How do you take them.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is the way it works for me too. I do this for all of my shows. I've only sold two at full price, but every host for Nov has chosen it as their 60% off item.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:

I wrap them from the bottom up in a microfiber towel, put them in an extra tool turnabout carrier, and then put them in the middle section of my show-to-go tote.

Ahhhhhh great idea thank you Becky...

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Ahhhhhh great idea thank you Becky...
You are welcome! I didn't used to be so careful - but then when people started posting about chipped plates, and having to send back the whole set for one chipped plate......I decided to be a little more careful!

I just did this, I wrapped mine in PC Napkin and tied the opposite ends to make it tight and set it in my catalog tote, it works that way also.

I agree with being cautious always a good idea.

I would also suggest putting a paper towel between each plate. Mine have gotten very scratched up by transporting the stack. Thankfully, HO is doing an adjustment for me.

DebbieJ said:
I would also suggest putting a paper towel between each plate. Mine have gotten very scratched up by transporting the stack. Thankfully, HO is doing an adjustment for me.

That's probably why some of mine aren't looking so great. I'll have to start using the paper towels.

I didn't think about the paper towel thing. I'll have to start doing that too.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
I put them in my SA tote, and I use the round cardboard peices that they were shipped with! My plates still look great, and I also do what others do with the cranberry plates mixed in and I also put 14 in it. I like the idea of another caddy, I wish they sold it seperately:( , because then I'd just buy 2 other sets of cranberry appetiser plates

Christ Follower said:
I didn't think about the paper towel thing. I'll have to start doing that too.

Small paper plates would work too and they would last a little longer than paper towels. :balloon:

GeorgiaPeach said:
Small paper plates would work too and they would last a little longer than paper towels. :balloon:
Good point! That's even better! Thanks!:thumbup:

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to tell my customer. I wish pc would come out with some dots plates for the caddy. How cute would that be:)

tabnat80 said:
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to tell my customer. I wish pc would come out with some dots plates for the caddy. How cute would that be:)

oh my god you HAVE to suggest that to HO, i would buy them tomorrow....

Done, Just sent them an email:)

I must be really weird, cause I only like the white SA and now the cranberry SA. Never liked the stripes, the tiles, or the dots.

I just keep mine in the box they came in, too scared to transport them any other way! I think after this season, I'll keep them at home, too much to lug around.

Coffee filters work great, too. I use them between my china plates and cake pans to keep them from scratching each other.

I also transport mine in the box. I use the card collections to take up part of the extra space, and put the wadded-up pastry mat in the area between the caddy & top plate to keep them from shifting too much.

I agree that they're heavy. Once November's over, I'll be carrying one white and one cranberry plate so people can see size & color. The rest will stay home on my counter.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:

If I have the host use them at her show (I used yesterday at my daughter's birthday party and was so excited not to have to buy those expensive birthday party plates for cake! - will pay for itself after a few parties ~ strong enough to drop on floor accidently) - - I bring them all. Otherwise I bring stand and 3 or 4 plates to show size. Can show as candle base, in other pieces, etc. LOVE this piece!!!

Debala715 said:
I must be really weird, cause I only like the white SA and now the cranberry SA. Never liked the stripes, the tiles, or the dots.

Not weird :) , just different color preferences. I don't care for them either. No sales either :( except for white.

Hope spring/summer brings different colors.

CookingwithMary said:
Not weird :) , just different color preferences. I don't care for them either. No sales either :( except for white.

Hope spring/summer brings different colors.
Oh, I hope not! How many changes can we handle! I hope they stay with the cranberry and current patterns for a while - just add more pieces.

I saved the boxes that they came in. I have a shelf in the garage that I put my empty boxes on and when I have a show I simply box them up and they all fit quite nicely in the rolling case. I use all of my PC stuff so I can't store them in the box in the house, but it sure makes it easier to transport when you have the original box.
This is just for the big things like the DBC, Caddy Set, SA etc.

my friend Jen showed me to use bar-keepers friend to get all the marks off the plates mine all look brand new!!!

I too have kept the box they came in and transport them that way to and from shows.

BethCooks4U said:

A consultant under me just earned hers and said five of the twelve plates in the set were too big for the caddy. She said they were significantly bigger than the others and would not set evenly on the other plates below it. Why would there be that much difference in size? I think she's sending them back. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just got mine this weekend, and a couple of the plates are larger than the others, but not large enough that they don't fit in the caddy. I had forgotten I was supposed to get those and I'm so thrilled with the surprise waiting for me when I got home last night!

I purchased the white shelf gripper stuff at JoAnn's. It comes on a bolt, and
is quite wide. It looks like the green gripper stuff we used to get with our Cutting Boards back in 2005, up to the summer of 2006. It can be cut to whatever size you want to place between plates, and our cookware and stoneware for transporting. For folks who RV, it keeps our dishes from sliding
off the shelves, and since it is washable, it is reuseable for a long time. It really pays for itself by keeping your products scratch free.

That's a wonderful idea!

What is the capacity of the appetizer plate caddy?

The appetizer plate caddy can hold up to 12 standard-sized appetizer plates.

Can the appetizer plate caddy hold both white and cranberry plates?

Yes, the caddy is designed to hold a variety of plate sizes and styles, including both white and cranberry plates.

How many cranberry plates can the caddy hold?

The caddy can hold up to 12 cranberry plates, as long as they are standard-sized appetizer plates.

Can the caddy hold other types of plates besides appetizer plates?

Yes, the caddy is versatile and can hold a variety of plate sizes and styles, making it perfect for any occasion.

Is the appetizer plate caddy dishwasher safe?

Yes, the caddy is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and reuse for any future events or gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jessamary
  • Products and Tips
Replies