• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious "Vegetable-Less" Shepherds Pie Recipe with Leftover Hamburger

In summary, the conversation is about a request for a "vegetable-less" recipe for Shepherds Pie using hamburger meat. Some suggestions are given, including using whatever vegetables are on hand, using brown gravy, or using a can of "cream of" soup. One person also shares their mother's recipe, which includes browning hamburger meat with garlic or onions and layering it with mashed potatoes. The original poster plans to try the recipe and will report back on whether they enjoy it.
jrstephens
I have left over hamburger and my husband saw Rechel Ray make this on the DVR episode last night. He like part of her but he does not like the vegatable you would put in it. I was shocked he even liked it at all.

Anyone have a "vegetable-less" recipe with hamburger meat for Shepherds Pie?

He doesn't want any veggies in it at all? I, personally, do not like mixed veggies, so I will just use whatever I have on hand. Sometimes its green beans, sometimes brocolli, whatever! Or, just make it without the veggies. Just your meat and potatoes! :) Sorry I don't have any better suggestions. :confused:

I agree with the above post. I do add brown gravy in mine as well as seasoning salt. It is SO good! Man, maybe I'll have to make it for dinner! Thanks Jennifer!:D

My husband is VERY picky. Rachel Ray made it with english peas but he HATES those. He does not eat any mixed vegetables. He will eat fresh peas out of the garden and that's about it. He eats string beans but I do not think that would go.

If I have a package of gravy I think I will add that since I don't reckon I will be having vegetables.

Glad I could help you decide what to have tonight!!

I have never made Shephards Pie, but what you are explaining reminds me so something my husband lovingly refers to as "crap"..lol. I make is w/ left over veggies, some browned hamburger meat and a can of what ever 'cream of' soup I have in the cabinet. I top it w/ bisquik mix or mashed potatoes, whatever is handier. It's actually pretty good. I especially like mine with corn and diced new potatoes.

mom2leelee said:
I have never made Shephards Pie, but what you are explaining reminds me so something my husband lovingly refers to as "crap"..lol. I make is w/ left over veggies, some browned hamburger meat and a can of what ever 'cream of' soup I have in the cabinet. I top it w/ bisquik mix or mashed potatoes, whatever is handier. It's actually pretty good. I especially like mine with corn and diced new potatoes.

LMAO...sounds like my SOS (minus the bisquik)...My dad (a retired military man of 30 years) LOVES it...me, uh...not so much:eek:

shephards pie recipeHi Jr,

My mothers recipe is real simple. Brown together hamburg and fresh crushed garlic, the amount is up to your likings (garlic that is). For a large 9x13 glass casserole (or stoneware) we use 2-3 pounds hamburg. Anyway finish browning and leave the grease. Or if you dont like garlic dice up some onion and throw that in. Either way is yummy!!!

In pan, diced peeled potatoes, boil till soft. Then mash them and make fluffy by adding margarine and milk. Mix till not lumps. Dont forget to add some salt and pepper for taste.

Put the meat in the bottom of the casserole, pile potatoes on top. You can eat it now just like this or, throw the whole thing in the oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Just to brown the tops of the potatoes.

My family loves this and it is so cheap and easy to make. Hope you like it!!!

I have never made this before either. It is rare for my picky husband to want to try anything new to eat, so, I am up for trying it. I will let you all know tomorrow if I start referring to it as "crap." :D

1. What ingredients do I need for the "Delicious "Vegetable-Less" Shepherds Pie Recipe with Leftover Hamburger"?

The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 cups mashed potatoes
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2. Can I use other types of meat besides ground beef for this recipe?

Yes, you can use leftover ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef for this recipe. You can also use a combination of different meats if you prefer.

3. Do I have to use Worcestershire sauce and ketchup in this recipe?

No, you can substitute Worcestershire sauce with soy sauce or steak sauce, and ketchup with tomato sauce or barbecue sauce. The flavor may be slightly different, but it will still be delicious.

4. How do I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

To make this recipe vegetarian, you can replace the ground beef with a plant-based ground meat alternative, such as Beyond Meat or Impossible Meat. You can also add in diced vegetables such as mushrooms, carrots, and peas to make up for the lack of meat.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it for later. Just make sure to let it cool completely before covering it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then place it in the freezer. When you're ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and then bake it according to the recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jaye
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies