• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Beer Bread Recipe - Have You Tried It?

Interesting that so many of you like it. I made it a year or so ago and hated it. So did the rest of my family. Believe me, my husband and I are not picky eaters either (anyone can tell that by looking at us). I actually had to pitch it which is not something that happens often around this house. To each his own!Interesting that so
supergirljennie
The recipe is on the beer bread box. I just made this and it is fantastic! Has anyone else made this variation?

I just bought the Beer Bread! Perhaps I should try this!!

Good stuff. I add more cheese.

How much more cheese? Also, do you make it w/ beer or Sprite?

SusanBP0129 said:
How much more cheese? Also, do you make it w/ beer or Sprite?

I don't remember how much more cheese (maybe twice as much). I used fake beer (no alcohol) because I was baking the loaves in the mini-loaf pan and taking one to a show for the guests to sample. Lots of my customers are non-drinkers.

I also used our Southwestern Seasoning instead of the chili powder.

No but I LOVE the beer bread. Anyone who has Shiner Bock in their area, it's the best so far. It's the same as what Saltgrass steakhouse uses in their beer bread :D yum!!

Sounds delicious already :)
supergirljennie said:
The recipe is on the beer bread box. I just made this and it is fantastic! Has anyone else made this variation?

Sounds delicious already :)

Can you post the recipe? I don't have any of our beer bread.

Cheese and Bread?! That sounds too good to be true. Yummy. ;)

The recipe is this:

1 pouch Beer Bread Mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheese (It says use cheddar, but I used Colby Jack)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder (I used the Southwestern Seasoning)

Proceed as the normal beer bread recipe. (Bake 50-55 minutes in at 350 degree oven.)

Do you still use the 12 oz of carbonated bev? I'm thinking that you still would, but for some reason I'm drawing a blank. :)

No, the recipe is on the back of the BB box, and it says to substitute 1 cup of water for a carbonated beverage.

what about using something like velvetta *sp?* instead of shredded cheese?!

If you shredded the Velveeta, it should work.

I like to sprinkle a little more cheese on the top before I bake it. And this variation is really good dipped in easy Mexican dip (equal parts sour cream and salsa mixed together).

Cheesy Salsa BreadInteresting that so many of you like it. I made it a year or so ago and hated it. So did the rest of my family. Believe me, my husband and I are not picky eaters either (anyone can tell that by looking at us). I actually had to pitch it which is not something that happens often around this house. To each his own!

I have not tried it yet...I was thinking of making it tonight...what didn't you like about it?

Well, the bread has a really sweet taste and I just didn't like it mixed with salsa and cheese. And I'm the type of person that likes sweet and salty things mixed too (Monte Cristo dipped in raspberry sauce, YUM-O), but for some reason none of us liked it.

jenniferlynne said:
Well, the bread has a really sweet taste and I just didn't like it mixed with salsa and cheese. And I'm the type of person that likes sweet and salty things mixed too (Monte Cristo dipped in raspberry sauce, YUM-O), but for some reason none of us liked it.

What did you use for your mix (liquid)? I think that makes a difference. I don't like sweet with my salsa/cheese (bummed if I buy a new kind of salsa or spaghetti sauce that turns out sweet). I made my bread with NA Beer.

What are the ingredients needed for the Delicious Beer Bread Recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include self-rising flour, sugar, beer, and melted butter.

What type of beer should be used for this recipe?

Any type of beer can be used for this recipe, but a light or medium-bodied beer works best.

How long does it take to make this beer bread?

This beer bread takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to bake, for a total time of 55 minutes.

Can the recipe be adjusted to make a smaller or larger loaf?

Yes, the recipe can be adjusted to make a smaller or larger loaf by simply adjusting the ingredient measurements accordingly.

What are some recommended toppings to add to the bread before baking?

Some great toppings to add to this beer bread before baking are grated cheese, herbs, or chopped onions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies
Views
pcchef4now
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies