• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Fruit Dish Ideas for Your Child's Spring Party

um...liked the fruit pizza.The crust is sugar cookies, then a layer of a cream cheese mixture, then arrange the fruit! A great spring/summer fun dish! It is a crowd pleaser!
chefdoodle
my daughter's preschool is having a Spring party on Monday. I am supposed to bring "fruit". Anyone have a great fruit recipe that would get a lot of attention for her party. I don't think anyone there knows that I am a PC Consultant and I want someone to ASK!!

Thanks!
Rachel

Cut up some fresh fruit and layer it in the Trifle Bowl!

There is also a recipe for a fruit dip in All the Best.

Make Fruit-Ka-Bobs with our Skewers (with the logos on them!)
Cut up the fruit with Crinkle Cutter or the Creative Cutters!

How about Apple-Berry Salsa? If you need individual servings, you could put it in pre-made phyllo cups.

I second the apple berry salsa! It's one of my favorite recipes! The cinnamon chips with it are yum-o:)

I third the Apple Berry Salsa! (I don't think I would do skewers w/ preschoolers....that spells d-a-n-g-e-r to me!;) )
But my almost 3 yr old LOVES the apple berry salsa w/ cinnamon chips! And great suggestion Rae to put them in the little cups! Or if you have a restaurant supply store near you (I shop at Gordon's Food Service) you can get the little condiment cups w/ lids - I use those all the time for my son for dips.

use creative cutters to cut the fruit, put it on the bamboo skewers and syick in a watermelon (like an arrangement from incredible edilbles)

I'm not sure preschoolers and skewers are a great combination. It's a really cute idea, though.

well, see I was always the let me do it for you mom, I would remove the fruit from the skewer before giving it to them.

or you could use popsicle sticks. You can get them super cheap at the craft store, or even the $1 store. (I teach a PK program here in my daycare).

I just saw a tip that would work in this situation. Use a mini stick pretzel instead of toothpicks. Then the kids can just eat them. You'll have to put them into the fruit right before it's consumed, so the juice doesn't soak the pretzel. But then you don't have sticks poking kids OR littering up the place.

An EASY fruit dip is:
1 8 oz. strawberry yogurt
1 8 oz. strawberry Cool Whip
Mix together. Serve with strawberries, honeydew melon or other fruit.

Teresa Lynn said:
well, see I was always the let me do it for you mom, I would remove the fruit from the skewer before giving it to them.

Ahh. I was the mean "do it yourself" mom. :p

raebates said:
Ahh. I was the mean "do it yourself" mom. :p

...and I have the "Let me do it myself" kid, who is much quicker than I ever am!

THANK YOU!!

I love the idea of the Apple Berry Salsa! I have the Cinnamon Chips recipe, but I don't have the Apple Berry Salsa recipe or the All The Best book. Anybody care to take the time to post it for me??

Thanks so much!
Rachel

I don't have it in front of me, but it's on my website. Go to News and click on Recent Recipes.

You can also find it at http://joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm - just search for "apple berry"

Got it! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

One more question....what would you substitute for kiwi? I don't care for it!

Rachel

Fruit pizza is awesome!! The crust is sugar cookies, then a layer of a cream cheese mixture, then arrange the fruit! A great spring/summer fun dish! It is a crowd pleaser!

Fruit Pizza RECIPE

Ingredients

1/2 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough

8 ounces of whipped light cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 tablespoon water

1/4 cup apricot preserves

Fruit of your choice (sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwi, seedless grapes cut in half, blueberries, melon balls sliced in half)

Nutritional Info
Fat: 8.2 g
Carbohydrates: 39.0g
Calories: 247.6
Protein: 5.1g

CRUST: Spread the ½ package of sugar cookie dough over a 14-inch pizza pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool in the pan.

TOPPING: Blend the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until completely mixed. Spread in a thin layer over the cooled crust.

FRUIT LAYER: Creatively arrange the fruit in circles while slightly overlapping the slices around the crust.

GLAZE: Bring the water and preserves to a boil, stirring constantly. Lightly brush this glaze on top on the fruit to preserve the color. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes 10 servings.

chefdoodle said:
Got it! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

One more question....what would you substitute for kiwi? I don't care for it!

Rachel

There's not a strong kiwi taste. It just adds a tangy note. I suppose you could add a little more strawberry if you really want a substitute. I've had several guests express surprise that there's kiwi in it. A couple of those told me they don't like kiwi, but they like the Apple Berry Salsa.

What are some fruit dish ideas for a summer party?

Some popular fruit dish ideas for a summer party include fruit skewers, fruit salad, watermelon pizza, fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, and grilled peaches with honey and Greek yogurt.

What are some healthy fruit dish options for a potluck?

For a healthy option, you could make a fruit platter with a variety of fresh fruits, a fruit and yogurt parfait, or a fruit smoothie bowl with granola and nuts.

Do you have any fruit dish ideas for kids?

Yes, there are many fun and creative fruit dish ideas for kids such as fruit kabobs, fruit popsicles, fruit and cheese skewers, fruit wands with yogurt dip, and fruit animal faces on a plate.

What are some easy fruit dishes to make for a brunch?

Some easy fruit dishes for a brunch include a fruit and cheese platter, a fruit tart or galette, a fruit and yogurt parfait bar, fruit crepes, and a fruit and granola parfait trifle.

Can you suggest any fruit dishes that are perfect for a holiday gathering?

For a holiday gathering, you could make a festive fruit salad with seasonal fruits, a fruit and cheese wreath platter, a fruit and nut bread, a fruit and cheese board with crackers, or a fruit and chocolate fondue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • pcleah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • meganmcg