• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Creating A Flexible Schedule Around Your Projects: Strategies & Tips

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a schedule that works best for keeping track of tasks, with one person suggesting a structured weekly schedule and another mentioning using lunch breaks for calls. It is emphasized that everyone's schedule will be different and it's important to find what works best for each individual.
PamperedK
Silver Member
What is your schedule to keep track of all the tasks you need to do? I'm thinking that for me, a schedule that specifies a specific day for a specific task will work best - like Mondays for customer care, Tuesdays for team training, wednesdays for admin, etc....My show schedule changes each week though, which is the problem. How do you get around that?

I am anxious to find this out too. Thank you for asking the question. I am a "fly by the seat of my pants" person but there needs to be some structure.

That's how I do it... my weekly schedule is below. Of course some days I do other calls as needed but basically stick with this:Monday - no calls unless needed (I am usually not home on Mondays)
Tuesday - Host Coaching and New Consultant Calls (those in first 90 days)
Wednesday - Recruit calls and Future Director calls
Thursday - Booking calls and TEAM calls
Friday - Customer Care callsBasically, I took the *power hour* concept and broke it down into days of the week to make things more manageable for me. And like I said, I am flexible so if a call needs to be made to a host, I don't wait until Tuesday to do it. HTH!!! ;)

baychef said:
I am anxious to find this out too. Thank you for asking the question. I am a "fly by the seat of my pants" person but there needs to be some structure.

Me too!! Since conference I've been wanting to implement some structured schedule and I think that will be my new goal after Leadership!! I've been trying to make baby steps toward it just by keeping my desk cleaner, but I'm not very good at it!

finley1991 said:
That's how I do it... my weekly schedule is below. Of course some days I do other calls as needed but basically stick with this:

Monday - no calls unless needed (I am usually not home on Mondays)
Tuesday - Host Coaching and New Consultant Calls (those in first 90 days)
Wednesday - Recruit calls and Future Director calls
Thursday - Booking calls and TEAM calls
Friday - Customer Care calls

Basically, I took the *power hour* concept and broke it down into days of the week to make things more manageable for me. And like I said, I am flexible so if a call needs to be made to a host, I don't wait until Tuesday to do it. HTH!!! ;)

So if you have a show at night do you do your calls during the day?

This is where I'm struggling. I work full-time so I don't have a lot of time to make calls and I basically have NO time to make calls if I'm doing a show at night. Take that + 3 shows / week + one day off for my sanity and that leaves very little time to do anything.

I do my calls during the day. I rarely make calls at night unless I have to.It really just comes down to doing what works for you. This schedule works for me and has made it easier for me to stick with it.One of my consultants who works full-time makes her calls during lunch. She shortened her lunch by 15 minutes and uses that time to make her calls. I shared this with her and she makes her calls daily using the same schedule. Since she is a consultant she doesn't make the TEAM calls and new consultant calls and gets everything she needs to get done in those 15 minutes.It just depends on what works for you... that's why we have to try lots of things until we find something that works!

finley1991 said:
I do my calls during the day. I rarely make calls at night unless I have to.

It really just comes down to doing what works for you. This schedule works for me and has made it easier for me to stick with it.

One of my consultants who works full-time makes her calls during lunch. She shortened her lunch by 15 minutes and uses that time to make her calls. I shared this with her and she makes her calls daily using the same schedule. Since she is a consultant she doesn't make the TEAM calls and new consultant calls and gets everything she needs to get done in those 15 minutes.

It just depends on what works for you... that's why we have to try lots of things until we find something that works!

I was thinking of that too. I have an hour for lunch so I could easily do 30 minutes of calls. I try to do my team calls after 9pm because I feel that before then, they should be doing their own booking and customer care calls.

My busy time at my full time job is during lunch time and my lunch is eaten on the run! I think my biggest problem is discipline. Sometimes my full time job rules my PC schedule. I just feel like everything is a big jumbled up mess most of the time.

Ok, for those of you making calls during the day...what calls are you making? i have not had much luck with reaching people or getting them to call me back...just curious as to what you are doing...

I just started this. During the day I'm doing MAC calls and CC calls because I definitely do not mind leaving messages for those. I feel they have the same impact if I leave a message or if I talk to someone.

I tracked my calls and my results. I found that I actually spoke to more people during the day than I did in the evenings. Go figure!

Related to Creating A Flexible Schedule Around Your Projects: Strategies & Tips

1. How can I balance my work schedule with my personal projects?

One strategy is to create a daily or weekly schedule that includes dedicated blocks of time for both work and personal projects. This will help you prioritize your tasks and manage your time more efficiently.

2. What are some tips for staying motivated and productive when working on personal projects?

Setting specific goals and deadlines for your projects can help keep you motivated and on track. It's also important to take breaks and make time for self-care to avoid burnout.

3. How can I communicate my flexible schedule and project needs to my coworkers and superiors?

Be open and honest about your schedule and project priorities with your coworkers and superiors. Let them know ahead of time when you will be working on personal projects and assure them that you will still meet your work responsibilities.

4. Is it important to set boundaries when creating a flexible schedule?

Yes, it's important to set boundaries to avoid overworking yourself or neglecting your personal life. This could include setting specific work hours, limiting the amount of work you take on, and saying no to projects that don't align with your goals.

5. How can I make sure I am still meeting my work expectations while working on personal projects?

Communicate with your coworkers and superiors about your work progress and any potential conflicts with your personal projects. Prioritize your work responsibilities and make sure to meet all deadlines and expectations set by your employer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Nanisu