• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Beyond the Rub: Morrocan-Inspired Dishes

In summary, Morrocan-inspired dishes use spices like cumin, turmeric, and paprika, as well as herbs like parsley, cilantro, and mint. They also often include dried fruits, nuts, and proteins like lamb, chicken, and seafood. These dishes are known for their complex and bold flavors, combining sweet and savory elements and a variety of textures. There are also plenty of vegetarian and vegan options available, and you can incorporate Morrocan flavors into your everyday cooking by using key spices and herbs or trying traditional dishes like couscous and tagine. While a traditional tagine pot is ideal, a regular cooking pot can also be used with adjusted cooking time and liquid levels.
redneckgleasonx4
Gold Member
Does anyone know of any other dishes we can use with the Morroccan Rub other than as a rub?

I add it to pasta dishes. You can also add it to eggs, or make a dip by mixing it with mayo and sour cream.

Sarah

Make the meatballs in the grill it quick cookbook. They are awesome. Not a fan of coucous, but the meatballs rock.

I mixed with a little olive oil and marinated shrimp then grilled them in the grill basket. They were awesome!

There's also a chicken recipe in the SB that uses it.

I do the variation of the Creamy One Pot Pasta with the Moroccan Rub and it is awesome!

Use it instead of the Jerk rub in the Jerk Chicken Nacho recipe. Yum!

DH is not a fan of "fancy" spices (he hates rosemary) but he LOVES the morrocan, jerk and especially the barbecue rubs! He also likes the greek rub. We put them on everything - switching around so we don't get tired of any one.

There's a moroccan lamb recipe in the Cooking for Two cookbook. We love it as is but it's on the spicy side. Now we make it with the morrocan rub and it is perfect and I'm not a lamb fan. You can substitute pork chops for the lamb if you like - YUM.

BethCooks4U said:
Use it instead of the Jerk rub in the Jerk Chicken Nacho recipe. Yum!

What a great idea! Can't wait to try this!

Related to Cooking Beyond the Rub: Morrocan-Inspired Dishes

1. What are some key ingredients used in Morrocan-inspired dishes?

Some key ingredients used in Morrocan-inspired dishes include spices like cumin, turmeric, and paprika, as well as herbs like parsley, cilantro, and mint. Other common ingredients include dried fruits like dates and apricots, nuts like almonds and pine nuts, and proteins like lamb, chicken, and seafood.

2. What makes Morrocan-inspired dishes unique?

Morrocan-inspired dishes are known for their complex and bold flavors, often combining sweet and savory elements. They also incorporate a variety of textures, from tender meats to crunchy nuts and chewy dried fruits. Additionally, Morrocan cuisine often includes a mix of Mediterranean, African, and Middle Eastern influences.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in Morrocan-inspired cooking?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options in Morrocan-inspired cooking. Some popular dishes include couscous with roasted vegetables, lentil or chickpea tagines, and vegetable-based soups and stews. Many dishes also utilize plant-based proteins like tofu and tempeh.

4. Can I use a regular cooking pot instead of a traditional tagine pot?

While a traditional tagine pot is ideal for cooking Morrocan-inspired dishes, it is not necessary. You can still achieve similar flavors and textures by using a regular cooking pot with a lid. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and liquid levels accordingly.

5. How can I incorporate Morrocan flavors into my everyday cooking?

There are many ways to incorporate Morrocan flavors into your everyday cooking. You can start by incorporating some of the key spices and herbs into your dishes, such as adding cumin to your roasted vegetables or using mint in your salads. You can also try making some traditional Morrocan dishes like couscous or tagine for a flavorful and unique meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyDare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
junglegym
  • PamperedMandy2010
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JulieHaak
Replies