• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating Our Successes: Share Your #NSV's!

In summary, Kris and Lisa discussed their successes and how they can encourage each other. Kris also mentioned that China still manufactures and uses steam engines which is cool information. Lastly, KG said she's lived with a railroad nut and is also secretary of a railroad club.
lisacb77
You know, maybe we should have a set place where we could post our successes so we can all celebrate them? We are so good at encouraging each other on here!

Like in reading all the toot toots today, I realized I NEVER told y'all that I had the highest sales in my director's cluster last year, and I only signed in July and took most of Nov/Dec off! I was surprised to see that one! I guess I didn't think much of it at the time because I was working 90 hr weeks at day job (hence I took most of Jan off PC and here).

So I just thought it might be fun to have a spot with threads that were titled like "Toot toots for week of Feb. 19". Just a thought but that might encourage us to celebrate our successes each week no matter how large or small (we do this on a Weight Watchers board and call them NSVs-non scale victories...very encouraging! :) )

Thoughts cheffers?

Great idea!!!
It'll motivate me to do something to toot about.
Seriously.

Kris

Whew...where's the air freshener

:D

I thought for a minute you wanted a training forum.

Heh....wouldn't that be a poot-poot forum?

I think that is a good idea, but Greg may be getting tired of our request here lately. HAHA!!:D

cmdtrgd said:
Heh....wouldn't that be a poot-poot forum?
Nah, that would be a Charlie Callas forum.

Ahhh...I just can't win with you, can I, KG?

I also was top sales for my cluster last year. My director only beat me by 4 shows and around 6k in sales. I did 40 shows and 4 of them were over 1k. Not too shabby for the first year that I really was well enough to put effort into my business.

You guys are hilarious!! I love getting my chuckles from here.

Yeah KG, I think that sometimes when I see someone post TOOT TOOT on here!! Maybe it should be WHOOT WHOOT?? :D

cmdtrgd said:
Ahhh...I just can't win with you, can I, KG?
Are you kiddin' me? Without great set-up lines from my favorite straight(wo)men, I couldn't do half this schtick. Now that I think about it, a Carlie Callas forum would more likely be "Vroot, Vroot!"I was just talking the other day with someone about railroads (maybe it's because I'm in the middle of reading the history of the Chicago & North Western Railroad) and how every little kid in the world knows what a choo-choo is, yet, most of them (and their parents and their grandparents) have never seen or heard one, since steam choo-choos were all pretty much retired in the US between 1950-1959. Other than a few excursions on the UP and some scenic railroads that fire up steamers on weekends, steam power is gone from here. China is still manufacturing and using steam engines. The Boone & Scenic Railroad in Boone, Iowa bought this one a few years ago. The railroad uses it on their 12 miles of trackage that was abandoned by the C&NW in 1983, in case you'd like to take your kids somewhere to see what a real Toot-Toot! Choo-choo is all about!http://www.scenic-valleyrr.com/dantong.gif

Last edited:
Or maybe a woo-hoo:D
BTW, congrats Lisa:)

ihavethetools said:
Great idea!!!
It'll motivate me to do something to toot about.
Seriously.

Kris

I'm with you! It would be a great addition, but I'll need to get busy doing something worthy :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Are you kiddin' me? Without great set-up lines from my favorite straight(wo)men, I couldn't do half this schtick.

Now that I think about it, a Carlie Callas forum would more likely be "Vroot, Vroot!"

I was just talking the other day with someone about railroads (maybe it's because I'm in the middle of reading the history of the Chicago & North Western Railroad) and how every little kid in the world knows what a choo-choo is, yet, most of them (and their parents and their grandparents) have never seen or heard one, since steam choo-choos were all pretty much retired in the US between 1950-1959. Other than a few excursions on the UP and some scenic railroads that fire up steamers on weekends, steam power is gone from here.

China is still manufacturing and using steam engines. The Boone & Scenic Railroad in Boone, Iowa bought this one a few years ago. The railroad uses it on their 12 miles of trackage that was abandoned by the C&NW in 1983, in case you'd like to take your kids somewhere to see what a real Toot-Toot! Choo-choo is all about!

http://www.scenic-valleyrr.com/dantong.gif

Cool information KG. I live with a railroad nut! I'm also secretary of a railroad club and have many steamer friends!

pamperedharriet said:
Cool information KG. I live with a railroad nut! I'm also secretary of a railroad club and have many steamer friends!
I don't imagine I have to ask if you've ridden the cog railroad in North Conway.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't imagine I have to ask if you've ridden the cog railroad in North Conway.

Yes, I have. Have to admit I was afraid to at first when I saw how steep and narrow the track was but I did it and loved it! It's not in North Conway it's on Mount Washington. Further up.

North Conway has a scenic railroad that takes you through the notches--very cool! Done that trip more times than I can remember!

I imagine you've taken that ride too?

Didn't have time. I was on my way to Sturbridge for a Model A Club event and had 5 other Model A's along with me. We were actually on our way to Portland and then work our way south. We stayed at a B&B in North Conway, they were putting a on new cedar shake roof and I picked up one of those little roofing nails in my right rear tire that caused a very slow leak. I just aired it up whenever I stopped for gas. When we got to L.L. Bean, we had a guy with us who not only hates stores, but that slow leak drove him crazy. He changed my tire while I was in the store.

I guess you'll have to put it on your list of things to do when you get back to NH again and don't have your Model A's with you.

Glad you had someone to change the tire while you shopped! Too bad about the nail though. Nothing worse than a slow leak to drive you crazy.

Oh, it gets even better! If you've looked at Sonja's portrait, you'll see she has twin sidemount spares. I left that nail in the tire for years after that trip. Why?Because it drove that same guy nuts. He'd come up to the car and press on the spare tire, still flat from North Conway with the same roofing nail in it. He'd start to lecture me about fixing that spare tire, completely ignoring the fact that I had a perferctly good spare on the other side.As long as he complained about it, I never fixed it.

You're too funny! Are you still friends with this guy? Or should I say, is this guy still friends with you?

I'd say we are, although he retired and moved to Florida so I never see him anymore. He eventually figured out that I left the tire flat just to annoy him and stopped complaining. That's when I fixed it.

I guess I would have to say it sounds like you! LOL

Related to Celebrating Our Successes: Share Your #NSV's!

1. What is a #NSV?

A #NSV stands for non-scale victory. It refers to any accomplishment or success that is not directly related to a number on a scale, such as fitting into a smaller clothing size or having more energy.

2. How can I share my #NSV?

You can share your #NSV by posting it on social media with the hashtag #NSV or by submitting it to our website or newsletter. This allows you to celebrate your success and inspire others in the Pampered Chef community.

3. Can I share more than one #NSV?

Absolutely! We encourage you to share as many #NSVs as you'd like. Each one is a unique accomplishment and deserves to be celebrated.

4. Are there any guidelines for sharing #NSVs?

We ask that all #NSVs be positive and uplifting. Please avoid sharing any content that is offensive, discriminatory, or promotes unhealthy behaviors. We also recommend using appropriate language and avoiding any personal information in your posts.

5. How can I use #NSVs to motivate myself and others?

Sharing your #NSVs not only allows you to celebrate your own successes, but it also inspires and motivates others in the Pampered Chef community. You can use the hashtag to connect with others, share tips and advice, and support each other on your wellness journeys.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
Replies