• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Boil Pasta in a Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus?

So, in summary, the Micro Cooker can be used to boil pasta, but it may take a little longer than on the stove. You can make macaroni and cheese in the Micro Cooker using your own pasta, or use premade tortellini.
freetofly06
Can i use the microcooker to boil pasta in? Not sure if it can be used that way but thinking maybe so. Or the Rice Cooker Plus? Thanks!

This is from the Rice Cooker Plus file on this site:pasta in the Rice Cooker
Add pasta (about 1/3 to 1/2*of the box of spaghetti) & cover with water to about an inch higher than the noodles,*cooks for*10 minutes and then*check for doneness, if to your liking, drain it, Add sauce and serve. A one pot meal! Be careful about how much water you put in it, do not fill it to the top or it will overflow. All microwaves have different wattage so you may have to adjust the cook time.
Kraft Mac N Cheese is 10-11 minutes.
Premade tortellini is about 4 minutes
Small amounts of thin pasta, enough for 1 serving, takes about 2 minutes, heavier pasta like elbow might take 5-6 minutes.Hope it helps.

Oh thank you! I hadn't seen this!

I make macaroni noodles in my Micro Cooker all the time. Having a 6 year-old, you make a lot of macaroni and cheese... (Love using my own pasta and Wildtree's Kids Cheez Blend. I can make just as much as I need or a little more if I want leftovers. My own pasta is a better quality pasta than the box stuff and reheats well, something I can't say for the box stuff.)

I make pasta all the time; It doesn't need to "cook", as it just needs time in boiling hot water. In the large micro cooker, I bring it to a boil (usually 5-6 min) and then I put in whatever pasta I'm cooking, and basically let it sit. I open and stir every couple of min to keep it from sticking. Usually needs to sit for about the same amount of time it says on the box to boil on the stove.

1. Can I cook pasta in a Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can cook pasta in either the Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus. Both products have a capacity of at least 3 cups, which is enough to cook a standard serving of pasta.

2. How do I cook pasta in the Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus?

To cook pasta in either product, simply add the desired amount of pasta and water to the cooker, close the lid, and microwave or cook on the stovetop according to the package instructions. The Microcooker and Rice Cooker Plus both have built-in strainers, making it easy to drain the pasta when it's done cooking.

3. Can I use the Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus to cook other types of noodles?

Yes, the Microcooker and Rice Cooker Plus can be used to cook a variety of noodles, including spaghetti, fettuccine, and even Asian noodles like soba or udon. Simply follow the same instructions as cooking pasta and adjust the cooking time according to the type of noodle being used.

4. Can I cook multiple servings of pasta at once in the Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, both the Microcooker and Rice Cooker Plus can cook multiple servings of pasta at once. However, be sure not to overfill the cooker as the pasta will expand while cooking. It's recommended to only fill the cooker about two-thirds full to allow for enough space for the pasta to expand.

5. How do I clean the Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus after cooking pasta?

Cleaning the Microcooker or Rice Cooker Plus after cooking pasta is simple. Allow the cooker to cool down before cleaning. Then, remove any leftover pasta or water from the cooker and wash it with warm soapy water. The lid, strainer, and base can also be washed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
purpleluvs3
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies