• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Cakes in the Rice Cooker

I just put a box of white cake mix in the rice cooker and add only 12 oz of DIET orange crush. Mix it with the whisk and microwave it for 8-10 mins. Then let it cool 15-20 mins in the rice cooker. Then turn over onto a platter/cake plate. Then finish cooling. Then I top with cool whip lite and decorate with mandarin oranges. I LOVE it !!!!!!!
SPAMSTIME
When I make cakes in the rice cooker do I use the clear insert? Or do I remove it first??

I love making cakes in the rice cooker but I am not sure I have been doing it the right way.

I know when doing the lava cake I do not use the insert..it's the only one I've made in it so far

I take the clear insert out for cakes! I've left it in before, but the cake bubbles up and gets inside there, then it kind of makes a mess!

OK Thanks I have always left it in but wasn't sure that I was doing it correct. The cake does get up in the center of the insert like you said also i was wondering if the steam and liquid it creates affects the cake??

I make the white cake with diet orange crush alot LOVE IT!!!!

Last minute host change... I do not recall how long to cook int he microwave!!
we are going to do the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!
Thanks!

Depends on the microwave. I usually start with about 13 minutes, then check it!

Thanks!!!
Appreciate it!!
Its been awhile since a host has chosen this!!

Holy Cow!! I start with 7 minutes and check it. The first time I did it (lucky for me it was my microwave), I did 9 minutes and just after 7.....it started spewing cake all over my microwave. It was cooked cake, but to say the least, when they say "7-9 minutes", I listen to the 7 minutes and go from there.

Oh, wow! Even in a powerful microwave, I've never had it get done that fast!

I always do 8 minutes for the rice cooker cakes and 12 minutes in the deep covered baker

8-11 minutes in stoneware fluted pan, depending on recipe.

SPAMSTIME said:
I make the white cake with diet orange crush alot LOVE IT!!!!

This sounds wonderful. Would someone please post the recipe for this?

I just put a box of white cake mix in the rice cooker and add only 12 oz of DIET orange crush. Mix it with the whisk and microwave it for 8-10 mins. Then let it cool 15-20 mins in the rice cooker. Then turn over onto a platter/cake plate. Then finish cooling. Then I top with cool whip lite and decorate with mandarin oranges. I LOVE it !!!!!!!

SPAMSTIME said:

Oh, boy! That sounds wonderful!!! I'm going to HAVE to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

I've done the same with a can of diet coke and chocolate cake.

1. Can I bake a cake in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can bake a cake in a rice cooker using the Pampered Chef rice cooker cake pan. It is specially designed to fit inside the rice cooker and allows for even cooking.

2. What type of cake can I make in a rice cooker?

You can make any type of cake in a rice cooker, such as chocolate, vanilla, lemon, or even a cheesecake. The possibilities are endless!

3. How long does it take to bake a cake in a rice cooker?

The baking time will vary depending on the type of cake and the size of your rice cooker. On average, it takes about 60-70 minutes to bake a cake in a rice cooker.

4. Do I need to use a special recipe for a rice cooker cake?

It is recommended to use a recipe specifically designed for a rice cooker cake, as the cooking time and temperature may be different than a traditional oven. However, you can experiment with your own recipes as well.

5. Can I make a gluten-free or vegan cake in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free or vegan cake in a rice cooker by using alternative ingredients and adjusting the recipe accordingly. We recommend using a rice cooker cake recipe that is specifically designed for these dietary preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • ivebeen4given