• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Rice Cooker Question...

My husband and I buy the basmati and jasmine rice at an indian grocer and it comes out perfect in the micro cooker. 1 cup rice 2 cups water.
Senkimekia
I ordered the micro rice cooker off a party intending to use it for demoing. I guess I missed the small print before I ordered it, it says on the directions to only use with rice that has microwave instructions. My husband and I only buy bagged rice, and nothing parboiled. My question is this- has anyone here tried using it with regular rice? Figured I'd ask before I gave it a whirl...

all the time. White rices work the best. Make sure you use the correct rice/water amounts. I haven't tried brown rice yet but I will be since I accidentally bought 25 pounds of it. I know I have to be vigilant about the rice/water ratio and have to cook it at half power for a while before going to full power (or vice versa)

Awesome! Thanks! I will give it a go tonight then and see how it works out!

I buy the Basmati rice in the 20lb bag at Sam's and use it all the time, it's wonderful. 1 cup rice/ 2 cups water.

lt1jane said:
all the time. White rices work the best. Make sure you use the correct rice/water amounts. I haven't tried brown rice yet but I will be since I accidentally bought 25 pounds of it. I know I have to be vigilant about the rice/water ratio and have to cook it at half power for a while before going to full power (or vice versa)

Seems like I got these directions here on CS for cooking timesfor brown rice and it works well:
100% for 5 minutes
50% for 21 minutes
60% for 31 minutes
I haven't done it for awhile but I think the rice/water ratio is the same as regular rice, just longer cooking time.

Just wanted to say I did cook the rice and it came out perfect, thanks everyone! I did 5 minutes 50%, 5 at full power and the last 5 min at 60%. Will keep playing around with timing and power settings but it did work great!

my daughter used minute rice in it the other day (I wasn't home) It was perfect, Not sure why I thought it wouldn't work for all the years I've had it.

I do rice all the time. I buy bulk as well. My time is:

5 minutes at 100% then 12 minutes at 50%. Perfect every time!

Has anyone done rice where there are no microwave instructions on the bag? We buy bulk rice at Costco and there are no microwave instructions on the bag. It's jasmine rice, btw.

Yes, I buy bulk as well and do it in the microwave all the time. Not sure what the difference would have to be.

I use regular rice (Uncle Ben's converted white rice) 1 cup rice 2 cups water. I cook it in the microwave at full power (I have an old '85 microwave no turntable ;( ) for 22 minutes. Perfect rice every time!

Thats what I use Chefpeg, my husband and I buy the huge bags of jasmine and basmati rice at an indian grocer, and it came out perfectly fine in the micro cooker :)

1. How do I use the microwave rice cooker?

To use the microwave rice cooker, simply rinse the rice, add the desired amount of water and rice to the cooker, and microwave according to the instructions provided. The cooker also comes with a measuring cup and rice paddle for easy use.

2. Is the microwave rice cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the microwave rice cooker is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash the lid to prolong its lifespan.

3. Can I use the microwave rice cooker for other grains besides rice?

Yes, the microwave rice cooker can be used for various grains such as quinoa, couscous, and oats. Just adjust the water to grain ratio accordingly.

4. How long does it take to cook rice in the microwave rice cooker?

The cooking time may vary depending on the type of rice and microwave power, but on average, it takes about 12-15 minutes to cook white rice and 20-25 minutes for brown rice.

5. Can I use the microwave rice cooker to reheat rice?

Yes, the microwave rice cooker can be used to reheat rice as well. Simply add a little bit of water to the rice and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Yakmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • PChefPEI