• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brownie Mix: Yield for 9x13 Pan & Gift Giving Ideas

In summary, these brownies are very delicious and easy to make. They are best when made the same way as the original Tuxedo Brownies, which is with a brownie mix. The recipe attached is a good option for those wanting to make these at home.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Could I use a brownie mix for the brownie portion of these?

If I used a full 9x13 pan size mix, how many brownies would it yield?

I want to make these, but want more than 24 so I can have quite a few to give away!

Thanks!

I'm planning on using a brownie mix for them - I'll be making them tomorrow for my Fall Preview on Tuesday - I'll let you know how many I get!
I'm thinking it was 36 or 48, because isn't that how many we get w/ the tuxedo brownie cups?

OK...I am making these right now.

Who thinks it would taste good to sprinkle some sea salt on the top of some of them? I know the whole salty/sweet thing is really in right now....

Oh...I will answer myself. NOT a good idea on the salt. Thank God I only did it on one to taste it!

Also- Do you need to store these in the frig since there's cream in the ganache?

The normal 9x13 pan size brownies yielded 48 cups.

It stresses not to overbake these, but I think I may have underbaked mine. The cups were VERY fudgy and didn't want to hold up without the sides giving way. :grumpy: The few that I didn't push the tart shaper in so far held up much better.

Would milk chocolate chips be better? I really like dark chocolate, but I thought the ganache was a bit too bitter using the semi-sweet chips. :confused: I think I like the original Tuxedo Brownies much more...

Before anyone asks (cuz I know you will! :D ) I will attach the Tuxedo Brownie recipe!

Attachments

• Tuxedo Brownie Cups.doc
    21 KB · Views: 203
Thats sounds wonderful! I'm going to make those tomorrow!!!

I didn't read this in time, but I think the recipe they have works better than a box mix. It would be really easy to double or triple the recipe, and it's much thicker than a standard brownie mix.As for the salty/sweet thing, I topped mine with chopped cashews for a carry-in. Yum!No need to worry about refrigerating because of the cream. They'll be fine at room temp.

Don't have time today to mess with the little brownie cups - plus my pan is also being used to make the tortilla cups....so I just baked a brownie in the medium bar pan - and will frost with the ganache and cut into small pieces.....I'll let you know how they turn out that way.....

I have a question regarding the tuxedo brownie cups. i was thinking of doing this for my open house (small finger food items). Any chance there is a picture. I'm a very visual person and it helps me to see a picture of the item i'm cooking. :) If not, no worries. Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the recipe Kelly, I was just thinking I wanted to try them out. I might be doing a wedding shower in a few months and thought "tuxedo" brownie cups would be cute.

I just love little bite size brownies, anything chocolate really.

What is the yield for a 9x13 pan when using brownie mix?

The yield for a 9x13 pan when using brownie mix is typically between 18-24 brownies, depending on how thick you cut them.

Can I use a different size pan for the brownie mix?

Yes, you can use a different size pan but the yield and baking time may be affected. For a thicker brownie, use a smaller pan and for a thinner brownie, use a larger pan.

How should I store brownies made from a mix?

Brownies made from a mix should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

What are some creative gift giving ideas using brownie mix?

Some creative gift giving ideas using brownie mix include layering the dry ingredients in a jar and attaching a recipe card, making brownie mix in a mug with a cute tag and instructions, or using brownie mix to make brownie pops and wrapping them in cellophane with a ribbon.

Can I add toppings to the brownies made from a mix?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chocolate chips, nuts, or sprinkles to the brownies before baking for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • krahema