• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken DCB at my Show - Woes of a Musician

In summary, one consultant's guest accidentally broke her DCB at a show and since it was not covered by warranty, she will have to purchase a new one. Another consultant expressed her sympathy and shared her own experience of breaking her stoneware. They also discussed the purpose and coverage of the insurance that consultants pay for. Some consultants have found ways to earn or purchase back-up DCBs, while others have borrowed from friends or family. Overall, the conversation highlighted the importance of being prepared for accidents and the value of the liability insurance for consultants.
PCMomto4
At my show tonight a guest went to pick up my dcb and it slipped and broke, waaaaaaaaaa and it isn't under warranty anymore. Guess I will add another one onto her show, I can't live without it.

That is sad! :( I'm so sorry! I broke one of my small square SA bowls the other day & I just felt sick! I'd really be bummed it were my DCB.

would the insurance pay for it since you were at a show? or would that only cover anything of the host that might of been damaged?

I live in fear that my DCB will break. Have we really had it in the line for more than 3 years already? Try the insurance if it's beyond the 3 year warranty.

I've called re: products and insurance before. It doesn't cover our products.

So sad! And also sad that we pay for insurance that we can't use for anything!

I could be wrong, but I think the insurance is to protect us if someone gets injured or if we break something in someone's home. So, if someone would have cut themselves on the broken stoneware, the insurance would take care of the injury.

Sandi

DebbieJ said:
I've called re: products and insurance before. It doesn't cover our products.

I've always wondered...what does it cover? If I burn down there house?

Di_Can_Cook said:

What do you mean by that?
Our insurance that we pay for (quite cheaply, I might add) pays for all sorts of stuff!
I spilled cranberry juice concentrate all over my hosts' rug a few years back - it was covered. A consultant-friend of mine started a fire in her hosts' kitchen - it was covered. I am sure some day when you have an "oops" in a hosts' home you'll be singing a different tune.

As for the broken DCB...ouch. When we have had opportunities to earn them in the past thru sell-a-thons and stuff, I have always made sure to earn one so I always have a back-up. Also ,when it was a host special last year, I submitted a catalog show so that I could get one for $26. Now I have two back-ups in case I ever break one. I use it at practically every show so I can't afford to be without it.

I broke a wine glass at a host home and she told me not to worry about it. Would that be covered? It was back in Dec.

flemings99 said:
I broke a wine glass at a host home and she told me not to worry about it. Would that be covered? It was back in Dec.

One of your wine glasses? No. Hers, yes.
Go to consultant's corner and type "liability insurance" in the search box.

I don't think we have had the DCB for 3 yrs have we? I can look later but I really don't think it has been that long.

dannyzmom said:
As for the broken DCB...ouch. When we have had opportunities to earn them in the past thru sell-a-thons and stuff, I have always made sure to earn one so I always have a back-up. Also ,when it was a host special last year, I submitted a catalog show so that I could get one for $26. Now I have two back-ups in case I ever break one. I use it at practically every show so I can't afford to be without it.

I have two DCBs as well.

Di_Can_Cook said:

It's not designed to protect your products, it's designed to protect YOU. Instead of you being responsible for damages to a host's home, the insurance would cover it. This includes spills requiring professional cleaning, dropping something and putting a nick in the host's floor, starting her stove on fire, breaking her microwave, that kind of thing.

I think its been quite a while ago and I bought my dcb from another consultant in my cluster when it first came out that had an extra that she didn't want and honestly I don't remember who it even was.

Its not the end of the world, it comes with doing shows, I am just going to borrow my Mom's to use for shows until I get the new one. Plus I figure if I order it with the host discount and my comission it won't be too bad.

Di_Can_Cook said:

The liability insurance rocks. Totally don't understand the automatic negativity.

dannyzmom said:
One of your wine glasses? No. Hers, yes.
Go to consultant's corner and type "liability insurance" in the search box.

Thanks. I'll check with her again and see if she's changed her mind and would like it replaced. It was hers from her wedding!! I was leaving and picked up my stone off the counter--not sure how but it got the glass & it shattered everywhere. I felt aweful! Esp. since before the show she was telling me how special they were!!!

Even if it was under warranty HO will not replace it since it was not broken during normal use (ie in the oven). My husband dropped my lid to my DCB 6 months after I got it. I didn't even think about calling HO. I ended up finding a replacement lid on here for pretty cheap and now have another one as a back up so I can use that one at home and leave my car packed at all times.

smspamperedchef said:
I don't think we have had the DCB for 3 yrs have we? I can look later but I really don't think it has been that long.

I was just talking about this with another consultant the other day...and believe it or not, it has been out for over 3 years. The DCB was introduced in Fall of '06. Time flies!

That is so sad. We do still have our special kit enhancement program where we can buy products to replace old ones at 40% off right? You could do it then too. And the insurance is a great thing. I did a party in the living room of one lady who insisted we do the demo there instead of in the kitchen. I still don't know why but hey, it was her party. We were working with melted chocolate over a beige rug. Get the picture? To make things worse, not only did the chocolate get spilled but when I turned, I stepped in a second blob I did not see and tracked it some 10 feet into the kitchen! The insurance cleaned the carpet and replaced the carpet at the original "drop zone" as no matter what the cleaning crew did, they could not get the entire stain out. It is liability insurance. It covers anything we do to a hosts home or processions while we are there. Our discounts cover our own products.

Related to Broken DCB at my Show - Woes of a Musician

What is a DCB and why is it important for a musician?

A DCB, or digital controller board, is an essential component of a musician's equipment. It acts as the brain of electronic instruments, controlling the sound and functions. Without a working DCB, a musician's performance may be affected or even unable to proceed.

How does a DCB get broken during a show?

There are a few ways a DCB can get broken during a show. It could be due to physical damage, such as dropping or spilling liquid on the equipment. It could also be caused by technical malfunctions or power surges. In some cases, the DCB may have been faulty to begin with.

What should I do if the DCB breaks during a show?

If the DCB breaks during a show, the first thing you should do is try to troubleshoot the issue. Check all connections and make sure everything is plugged in correctly. If the problem persists, try to find a backup DCB or another musician's equipment to use. If all else fails, continue the show without the DCB or reschedule for another time.

Can a broken DCB be fixed or replaced?

Depending on the extent of the damage, a broken DCB can often be fixed or replaced. It is always a good idea to have a backup DCB or access to a spare in case of emergencies. You can also contact a professional technician or the manufacturer for repair services or replacement parts.

How can I prevent a broken DCB from happening in the future?

To prevent a broken DCB from happening in the future, it is important to take proper care of your equipment. This includes regular maintenance and cleaning, as well as protecting it from physical damage. It is also a good idea to have backup equipment or a backup plan in case of emergencies. Investing in high-quality equipment can also help prevent malfunctions and breakdowns during a show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • prepchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Deeder
Replies