• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Good Things Really Happen in Threes?

P
Pampered Laura
So I was at one of my last PC parties last night, and my hostess was finishing cleaning up some glass shards from when she broke a glass before I arrived.

When I was setting up my display, I took my Trifle bowl out of my Show to Go, and broke the pedestal by letting it accidentally clank up against the bowl. :rolleyes:

Then, my hostess went to lift up her glass cake dome to serve appetizers to her guests, and she dropped it on her tile floor - shattered everywhere.
I'm staying home today. LOL Or at least away from glass items!

LOL

Things happen in 3's right? :eek:
So here are 3 good things...

My pool is finally fixed. After 2 weeks of my pump being broken, they fixed it and it's not raining today! Gonna let the kiddos swim this afternoon while I wi-fi. :)

I get to be on a training call with Belinda Ellsworth tonight for my other business, and I'm so excited! :D

At my show last night, pretty much everyone there went on and on about how they love my style of parties, and are just as excited as I am about other things, and a couple of them are interested in what I have to offer. :)

Anyone have any 3 good things? LOL :D

Laura
Oh, the 3 glass things breaking--strange!! What style of party did you do? What recipes? How were your sales and bookings?
How many more parties will you be doing for Pampered Chef?

Thanks for trying to help with my yahoo question.

Cheffers, maybe you can help me. When I send something out on my yahoo account using the blind copy feature (to protect private e-mail addresses), I can't ever go back into my Sent files and see or verify who the blind copies were sent to. I just like to see to assure myself that they were successfully sent and not second guess and then resend. I would appreciate your help on this-- some of you are such experts.

Julie, I use yahoo too. Unfortunately, when you to bcc's when you go to your sent folder, it never shows them. At least they haven't for me.

It doesn't show for me either and I don't use yahoo.

hmmm.... 3 good things

1. DH bought me a new computer! (a MacBook- and I already have P3 running on it through Boot Camp)
  2. My 2nd booking from the Potty Party was much better than the first, and I got a booking from it (although it's still not a qualified show)
  3. We discovered that the foxes that have started hanging around in our yard did NOT kill off all the woodchucks (the Chuckies are so cute! I was worried they had all become fox food)

I did a garnishing show. It was fun, very casual...
7 guests...$520 in sales so far. 2 recruit leads & a few bookings...everyone really loved the entire party, even after the garnishing bit was over. ;)

I had my best show ever on Thursday! She should be closing out at $600 today 4 bookings and 2 possible recruits!!!Turned 38 on Saturday! WOOHOOAND my hubby got me a YEAR of Massages for my bday! This is in addition to the presents that the kids got or made me :) Oh and an FYI I went for a massage on Friday (a mother's day gift) and ended up booking a show and getting a potential recruit from the massage lady!!!!

What's a garnishing show? Do tell!:confused:

You went out with a bang! Literally!

LOL Sundey. ;)

chefjwr said:
Laura
Oh, the 3 glass things breaking--strange!! What style of party did you do? What recipes? How were your sales and bookings?

Cheffers, maybe you can help me. When I send something out on my yahoo account using the blind copy feature (to protect private e-mail addresses), I can't ever go back into my Sent files and see or verify who the blind copies were sent to. I just like to see to assure myself that they were successfully sent and not second guess and then resend. I would appreciate your help on this-- some of you are such experts.

When I send my newsletter out which I BCC everyone, I send it to myself also, so I can verify that it was sent.

Pampered Laura said:
I did a garnishing show. It was fun, very casual...
7 guests...$520 in sales so far. 2 recruit leads & a few bookings...everyone really loved the entire party, even after the garnishing bit was over. ;)

So are these "old recruits" or "new recruits" if you get my question. If old, I REALLY have to figure out your style! :D

OH, Laura, that reminds me. The garnishing--our cluster meeting you attended. Were you able to make the notebook for me??--I owe you $3

pamperedpals said:
When I send my newsletter out which I BCC everyone, I send it to myself also, so I can verify that it was sent.

I do this too. I even just regular send it to my self and let my address how on everyone that gets it.

Laura,

Have you called PC to see if they will do an Adjustment for you on the Trifle? Just curious with the way things are for you right now with them. I know people on here have got the trifle replaces when they broke it before.

I forgot to add that my Inlaws have gotten on my nerves 3 times in a row this week!!!!:mad:!!

I must be lucky because I can't think of 3 bad things :)

Three good things- Alexia, Colton & Baylor... :D

Hey Julie, did you see I pm'd you?

chefjwr said:
Laura

BCC never show once it is sent -- what I usually do is copy the BCC line before I send the message and paste to a word document (to make sure I've copied correctly). Then I go to sent items and forward the sent message to myself and paste the BCC line at the top of the message. Only I get to see that message, but I have a record of who I sent the message too.

I <3 Garnishing shows....

Three good things.... um. struggling with this one.

1...Got another show on my calendar for September as a result of my 321 calls on Sunday...
2....Touched base with one of my catalog show hostesses and she's just a doll. She's got a bunch of orders that she's putting through her website tonight.
3.... Um... Captain Jack Sparrow is a good thing.... I think I'll watch Pirates tonight to unwind...

Wow Laura (Ivykeep) complicated but necessary I suppose. I wish that bcc didn't work that way. We are not trying to hide it from ourselves--but from the other people on the bcc list. I don't see the logic behind hiding it from the sender. Thanks Laura.

3 Good Things:

My Air Conditioner problem is fixed.
I have someone who wants to buy 1 of the 2 pkg of extra catalogs I have.
My hostess for Thursday night FINALLY called me back.

yummybytes said:
I <3 Garnishing shows....

Three good things.... um. struggling with this one.

1...Got another show on my calendar for September as a result of my 321 calls on Sunday...
2....Touched base with one of my catalog show hostesses and she's just a doll. She's got a bunch of orders that she's putting through her website tonight.
3.... Um... Captain Jack Sparrow is a good thing.... I think I'll watch Pirates tonight to unwind...
LMAO!! Dork alert! When I read about your 3-2-1 calls I thought you made 321 calls! That is devotion!

Gillian I totally thought the same thing! I was like, wow she must have spent the whole day on the phone or got a lot of machines... lol... I'm a dork with you! :D

Glad to see I am not the only dull knife in the drawer! (said lovingly of course!)

Hey, Laura... If you need help with those recruits, by all means, gimme a call! LOL

Three good things:

1) WE GOT OUR LOAN APPROVAL!!!!!
2) WE GOT OUR ZONING PERMIT!!
3) I have an amazing industry consultant volunteering to help me with my layout!!!

You know.. I made a LOT of calls on Sunday and Monday -- but not 321 :) Maybe 32 though... At least 21... :)

I bet with the Captain's help, you could do 321!

My three....
1. Another humming bird came to feed at my feeder today--ruby throated--very beautiful...
2. My I am submitting my (only) July show today...still active!
3. My son just fell asleep--he's 4 going on 5--and its very early for him...so

oops..so I get to actually spend some time with my husband tonight without all the usual ruckus....

chrpangel said:
I bet with the Captain's help, you could do 321!

You'd better not make PC calls after indulging in the Captain!

janetupnorth said:
You'd better not make PC calls after indulging in the Captain!

"argh, would you like to have a Pirates of the Caribbean theme show? We'll make stuff with rum and coconuts!"

That would be fun!! A Pirate party! We could have eye patches and swords and people who book a show can pull a prize written on a dubloon in my treasure chest.... make a rum and coconut trifle... or just rum... :p

Why is the rum always gone?

Three good things... I got to spend time with my mom today, My oldest had a blast at gymnastics, my little one took a nap.

janetupnorth said:
So are these "old recruits" or "new recruits" if you get my question. If old, I REALLY have to figure out your style! :D
Umm.... I plead the 5th on that :D

yummybytes said:
That would be fun!! A Pirate party! We could have eye patches and swords and people who book a show can pull a prize written on a dubloon in my treasure chest.... make a rum and coconut trifle... or just rum... :p

Island breeze rum cake! Seriously, I know you can find someone to have a Pirates show! Hey Jenn, on August 14th I wont be a consultant anymore, so you can come do one for me! LOL
Hooray for rum! :D:p

yummybytes said:

Maybe Ann will lend you her parrot.

BagelBagelBagelBagelBagelBagel!

I thought a garnish show was when you took your money right out of their paychecks?

CORN!Island Breeze trifle would be really good.
Yum!

Pampered Laura said:
Island breeze rum cake! Seriously, I know you can find someone to have a Pirates show! Hey Jenn, on August 14th I wont be a consultant anymore, so you can come do one for me! LOL
Hooray for rum! :D:p

Hey Laura -- I got an opening in September... how would YOU like to earn some stainless cookware at 60% off?! :) :) :) :) I'll be sure to check my pegleg before entering the plane. I'm sure it's a considered a flight risk!!

yummybytes said:

When my hubby and I were in Antigua we got a bottle of Antigua Rum. It was soooo good! we went like 3 years ago and we used it sparingly. We have like this much () left. (Hardly any) but I we just can't bring ourselves to finish it off, lol.

Speaking of dubloons...you could do a Goonies version for kids! And in the process make lots of fifty dollar bills, fifty dollar bills, for yourself! You could do the cold stone creamery thing ala the ice cream in the basement scene.

Yes. I watch way too much tv. lol:D

Rocky.... road? :)

I sooooo love the goonies. wonder if my daughter would be into that movie yet... we have it but me and hubby watch it haha!!

Now that Cyndi Lauper song will be in my head all day... Good enough.... for you... it's good enouuuuuuuuuugh... good enough for meeee a yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

yummybytes said:
Rocky.... road? :)

I sooooo love the goonies. wonder if my daughter would be into that movie yet... we have it but me and hubby watch it haha!!

Now that Cyndi Lauper song will be in my head all day... Good enough.... for you... it's good enouuuuuuuuuugh... good enough for meeee a yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Okay, now a challenge for you. There's gotta be someway you can work pc into the song! PC is Good enough for you it's good enouuuuuuuuuuuugh for me it's good enough yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiy!!! lol

My kids love the Goonies! Whoda thunk it that Mikey grows up to be Rudy, samwise on Lord of the Rings and then helping the country on 24?

I'm also a Martha Plimpton fan. I think she is so under rated. She was great in Parenthood with all those great actors!

Yes, what is a "Garishing" show?? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Kelly V.

I loooove Sean Austin... I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid and Samwise is like totally my hero. We almost named our son Sam... but it didn't roll off the tongue right...

Hmm.. wow.. just remember having TEEN BEAT posters of him next to 21 Jump Street Johnny Depp and Eric Stoltz.... And I still love all three of them :p

what is a "Garishing" Show?? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Kelly V.

Yahoo BCCOn the question about BCC - you can see them (I am using the beta version but I believe I have seen them in the past too)

I always put myself in the TO but I don't think this is a key to seeing it

Here's how:
Go to your Sent folder and get the full view of the message.
On the right side, it says Standard Header if you click on the drop down you will see Full Header. Click there and you will see a full list of who you sent to in the BCC

Let me know if you don't see it.
Kim

KellyRedHead said:
what is a "Garishing" Show?? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Kelly V.

Hi Kelly --
Basically -- it's a show all about neat garnishes you can do with foods.

For the food portion of it, have a pretty veggie tray and demo a couple of easy dips for it. You can also make something ahead of time and take it. I have also made "Spa Water" with pretty sliced lemons and springs of mint or cantelope balls and slices of fresh cuke and parsley (sounds weird until you try it -- wow it's sooooo refreshing) in the quick stir as well.

The main focus is different ways to dress up a dish and add a little pizazz to your presentation. There was a great book out a couple years ago from Pampered Chef that I was overjoyed to get in my surprise pack this year. It's totally garnishes. Shows off a ton of gadgets.

Before I got that book I got a lot off the internet as well. Just google food garnish and you will get some great results.

Good luck -- hope this helps.

yummybytes said:
I loooove Sean Austin... I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid and Samwise is like totally my hero. We almost named our son Sam... but it didn't roll off the tongue right...

Hmm.. wow.. just remember having TEEN BEAT posters of him next to 21 Jump Street Johnny Depp and Eric Stoltz.... And I still love all three of them :p

lol...I had a poster of George Michael! Don't judge me! lol:D

Big poster of Rob Lowe for me - loved him as a teenager! Also Tom Cruise (in the 80's) back when he was not a nut!

so I thought I should post 3 things that went well today before I go to bed:

1) I had a great conversation with my mom this evening
2) I found out my boss won't be at work from tomorrow-Tuesday
3) My new coworker said she is for sure booking a show as the party room at her new apartment would be perfect for it!

and 3 things I am grateful for:

1) Having a mom who I can talk to about anything and knows when things aren't right
2) Having wonderful friends who can always make me smile
3) While I may hate my day job, at least I can say I have a job that affords me my own place and I don't go wanting for too much (except health insurance and pto...) plus I always have PC as my job that takes me away from the harsh realities of life into a fun place where I get to meet great people!

p.s. I totally used to be in love with Michael Jackson!

Gina M said:
Big poster of Rob Lowe for me - loved him as a teenager! Also Tom Cruise (in the 80's) back when he was not a nut!

Loved them too, but I must admit that I was TOTALLY in love with John Taylor from Duran Duran:eek:

I still love Duran Duran - I enjoyed their videos a ton when they were first on MTV - back in my Jr. High days! I remember watching videos like crazy on MTV!

<h2>1. Do good things really happen in threes?</h2><p>This is a commonly asked question and the answer is subjective. Some people believe in the concept of "good things come in threes" and see it as a sign of good luck or positive energy. Others may see it as a coincidence or simply a pattern that our brains recognize. Ultimately, it is up to individual interpretation.</p><h2>2. What are some examples of "good things" that could happen in threes?</h2><p>Some examples of good things that could happen in threes could be receiving three unexpected compliments in one day, finding three coins on the ground, or getting three job offers. These are just a few examples, but the possibilities are endless and can vary depending on each person's perspective.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of "good things in threes"?</h2><p>There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of good things happening in threes. However, there is a psychological phenomenon called the "rule of three" which suggests that things that come in threes are more satisfying and memorable to our brains. This could possibly explain why we tend to notice and remember good things in threes more often.</p><h2>4. Can bad things also happen in threes?</h2><p>Similarly to the belief in good things happening in threes, some people also believe that bad things can happen in threes. However, this is also subjective and can be attributed to confirmation bias - the tendency to remember and focus on events that confirm our beliefs. There is no scientific evidence to support this idea.</p><h2>5. How can I turn my luck around if I believe in the concept of "good things in threes"?</h2><p>If you believe in the concept of good things happening in threes, you can try to attract more positive experiences by maintaining a positive attitude and focusing on the good things in your life. Practicing gratitude and being open to new opportunities can also help bring more positive experiences into your life.</p>

Related to Do Good Things Really Happen in Threes?

1. Do good things really happen in threes?

This is a commonly asked question and the answer is subjective. Some people believe in the concept of "good things come in threes" and see it as a sign of good luck or positive energy. Others may see it as a coincidence or simply a pattern that our brains recognize. Ultimately, it is up to individual interpretation.

2. What are some examples of "good things" that could happen in threes?

Some examples of good things that could happen in threes could be receiving three unexpected compliments in one day, finding three coins on the ground, or getting three job offers. These are just a few examples, but the possibilities are endless and can vary depending on each person's perspective.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of "good things in threes"?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of good things happening in threes. However, there is a psychological phenomenon called the "rule of three" which suggests that things that come in threes are more satisfying and memorable to our brains. This could possibly explain why we tend to notice and remember good things in threes more often.

4. Can bad things also happen in threes?

Similarly to the belief in good things happening in threes, some people also believe that bad things can happen in threes. However, this is also subjective and can be attributed to confirmation bias - the tendency to remember and focus on events that confirm our beliefs. There is no scientific evidence to support this idea.

5. How can I turn my luck around if I believe in the concept of "good things in threes"?

If you believe in the concept of good things happening in threes, you can try to attract more positive experiences by maintaining a positive attitude and focusing on the good things in your life. Practicing gratitude and being open to new opportunities can also help bring more positive experiences into your life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • Dawn4
  • General Chat
Replies