• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait!!

In summary, Linda Bowles taught Dawn how to change her selling style from talking to listening. This change helped Dawn sign her first consultant and reach her $15,000 in career sales.
Dawn4
Gold Member
I couldn't be happier than I am this morning!!! :balloon: I have been with PC for a year. I LOVE IT!!! Problem is I was getting frustrated because I haven't recruited anyone :cry: , but I refused to give up. Early last month I took a class given by Linda Bowles. I changed up the way I was doing my show and I learned to listen instead of just talk. Well... I signed my first recruit last Monday. :D I did a show last night and the host is very, very interested in the business. He is coming to my cluster meeting Monday night and said he is definately signing next week. I realized this morning that once I put his show through I will have hit my $15,000 in career sales :D , and just when I thought I couldn't feel any better, FedEx showed up with 25 free catalogs for me as a gift for recruiting my first consultant. LIFE IS GOOD!!! :D :D :D :D

Whoooo hooo for you! Feels great doesn't it! Keep up the great work!

That is great! Way to go!

I hope I can keep up the momentum.

Dawn4 said:
I couldn't be happier than I am this morning!!! :balloon: I have been with PC for a year. I LOVE IT!!! Problem is I was getting frustrated because I haven't recruited anyone :cry: , but I refused to give up. Early last month I took a class given by Linda Bowles. I changed up the way I was doing my show and I learned to listen instead of just talk. Well... I signed my first recruit last Monday. :D I did a show last night and the host is very, very interested in the business. He is coming to my cluster meeting Monday night and said he is definately signing next week. I realized this morning that once I put his show through I will have hit my $15,000 in career sales :D , and just when I thought I couldn't feel any better, FedEx showed up with 25 free catalogs for me as a gift for recruiting my first consultant. LIFE IS GOOD!!! :D :D :D :D

GREAT for you....when you saw Linda Bowles, was it at the Holiday Inn in Plainveiw, If so I was there also....:D

Yes, it was in Plainview. Whose cluster meetings do you go to???

Dawn4 said:

Could you mention a few things Linda said about HOW to change from talking to listening? I think this is part of my problem!

Way to go Dawn!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)

It absolutely was my problem. I would go into a party looking at the guests like I was a dog and they were fresh meat. I would immediately start talking about the business and how I would love them to join my team. I really think I was scaring them away from the start. I was coming off too strong. Linda suggests that you sit back and listen to who has a job they don't like or who takes their kids to daycare and it's hard for them. After I do the listening part I start out my show with a story about how I got involved in this business. I tell them why after a year I am still at it. Instead of saying corney things throughout the party about how I use the scissors to cut up my credit cards (this all sounds so rehersed) I use the scissors as a tool to remind me to talk about how I cut my credit card debt. Does that make sense? I sprinkle little bits of information about recruiting and about hostess specials throughout the entire show. At the very end I do the ticket game. I also have been asking who remembers my name. I tell them that I do this because I want to be their consultant for life. I don't want to be the girl that did mary janes party and then they forget me. I give everyone a business card and ask them to call me for anything. Even if they're just looking for a recipe to make for dinner. Once I've made a very comfortable atmosphere I then invite everyone of them (when they're placing their order) to come join my team. I've only been doing this for two weeks and I've recruited two people, so there has got to be something to it.

Sounds good! Do you give them a biz card at the show when you take their orders? I like giving that to them & telling to call for anything--even a recipe. I sent some recipes to a guest last week & she called & booked a Sept show!

Dawn4 said:
Yes, it was in Plainview. Whose cluster meetings do you go to???

My cluster meetings are on City Island in the Bronx. We have had Sue Newman taking over the meetings, sometimes I go to the ones near Jill Lerner in the Temple....:cool:

Ginger428 said:
My cluster meetings are on City Island in the Bronx. We have had Sue Newman taking over the meetings, sometimes I go to the ones near Jill Lerner in the Temple....:cool:

That is exactly where I go, to Jill Lerner's meetings. Sue is usually at my cluster meetings as well. Next time you're at an event, look for me. I would love to meet you. You are the first person I've ever spoken to on CS that is even in New York.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Sounds good! Do you give them a biz card at the show when you take their orders? I like giving that to them & telling to call for anything--even a recipe. I sent some recipes to a guest last week & she called & booked a Sept show!

Absolutely I give them a business card, and I tell them to call for anything. I also give them a coupon that says I hope they had fun and that I'll give them $10 if they refer a friend that books a show and $25 if they refer someone that becomes and consultant and qualifies.

Dawn4 said:
That is exactly where I go, to Jill Lerner's meetings. Sue is usually at my cluster meetings as well. Next time you're at an event, look for me. I would love to meet you. You are the first person I've ever spoken to on Chef Success that is even in New York.

I sure will....I'll try to get to the Sept meeting. When is Augusts? I think I missed it. OK...gotta go to Pearl River for a party, I'll talk to you later......:D

Het Sue...I'll let you know how Rockland treats me...Again!;)

Ginger428 said:
I sure will....I'll try to get to the Sept meeting. When is Augusts? I think I missed it. OK...gotta go to Pearl River for a party, I'll talk to you later......:D

Our cluster meeting is Monday night, the 20th, at 7:30. Maybe I'll see you there. Enjoy your party!!!

Ginger428 said:

Het Sue...I'll let you know how Rockland treats me...Again!;)

Hope it was awesome Ginger!!

Hey Dawn- are you on Long Island? I am in Rockland County - right across the Tappan Zee Bridge!

Dawn~

That is one thing I learned from conference: It's NOT ABOUT ME!! Sounds like you have learned that and applied it with super success!

I was smiling the entire time I was reading your post...I could just see that you are so happy you are about juming out of your seat! LOL

Thanks for sharing your super news with us!
Congrats on getting your raise, too!!

Hi Dawn!

Congratulations on your latest successes!!

I was wondering, I have never hear of Linda Bowles, is she a motivational speaker or with PC?

I googled her, but didn't find anything.

Thanks-
Kelly v.

Related to Good Things Come to Those Who Wait!!

1. What does the phrase "Good Things Come to Those Who Wait" mean?

The phrase "Good Things Come to Those Who Wait" means that patience and perseverance will lead to positive outcomes or rewards in the end.

2. Is there a specific origin or source for this saying?

The origins of this phrase are unclear, but it is believed to have originated from the poem "The Courtship of Miles Standish" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

3. Is it always true that good things come to those who wait?

While it is a popular saying, it is not always true that good things come to those who wait. Sometimes, taking action and being proactive can lead to even better outcomes.

4. How can one practice patience and waiting for good things?

Practicing patience and waiting for good things can be achieved by setting realistic expectations, managing emotions, and focusing on the present moment rather than the desired outcome.

5. Can this phrase be applied to all areas of life?

Yes, this phrase can be applied to various aspects of life, such as personal relationships, career, and personal goals. However, it is important to also take action and actively work towards achieving those goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amy07
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • smspamperedchef