• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Support Services - Arrggg What the Heck?!?!

In summary, the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful when trying to resolve a broken bar pan.
kcjodih
Gold Member
OMG!!!

I've been with PC for 4 years now and have done just under 200 shows but I've NEVER encountered this. I called to do an adjustment for a customer who ordered a large bar pan in January and it's broken. The woman on the phone (who I've spoken to a few times in the last year) was rude and asked me when it broke (ummm, not sure, didn't break it but received the email a few days ago), how was it being used when it broke (ummm, don't know, wasn't there and wasn't told), what was being done when it broke (ummm, isn't that the same as the previous question just worded differently?)

So I said, I have no idea, wasn't there, didn't break it and the email just said 'my large bar pan broke, how do I go about getting it replaced, I'm so lost without it, thanks'.

After lots of typing she begrudgingly gave me a reference number but she sounded so frustrated with me and was so impatient when I didn't know the answers to her questions!!!

What the heck?!?!?!

Did you get her name? If you did, I'd definitely send a letter to management of Customer Service. Include the date and time you called, along with any other info that would help them identify the transaction (like the reference number). Usually, calls are randomly recorded, which in some shops means that they actually just record them all. So management should be able to go back and listen to the exchange. They need to know that this rep is not presenting a good face of the company.

They've been asking a lot of questions lately saying they have to know how it broke! I've had good results when I've called Support Services and asked to speak to the supervisors.

I do most of my replacements on line don't have to talk to anyone , It's much easy , fast.

But to be fair, it IS relevant how it broke. Whether it was in normal use within the use and care, or whether it was dropped or bumped on the edge of the counter...

I know it was said a while back, but if PC replaces everything that breaks without questioning how it broke, people will take advantage and prices will go up... I'm all for good customer service from PC, but that doesn't mean that letting the company be taken advantage of. (And I am by no means implying you are trying to do this, obviously you don't know how this stone broke, more that some customers will).

I'm not going to excuse a rude attitude though!

chefann said:
Did you get her name? If you did, I'd definitely send a letter to management of Customer Service. Include the date and time you called, along with any other info that would help them identify the transaction (like the reference number). Usually, calls are randomly recorded, which in some shops means that they actually just record them all. So management should be able to go back and listen to the exchange. They need to know that this rep is not presenting a good face of the company.

Yes, I know her name. I've spoken to her before so I knew right away who it was. I've never had 'attitude' from her before so I'm thinking maybe she just had a bad night. However, I wasn't impressed AT ALL!!

My director says that if you get someone rude when you call, hang up and call back. The chances you get her again right away are slim, and if they have any record of the call ending abruptly, just say something happened with the phone (not a lie -- what happened was you hung up). She says she'd much rather hang up and call back than deal with a rudey.

Winnipegk said:
They've been asking a lot of questions lately saying they have to know how it broke! I've had good results when I've called Support Services and asked to speak to the supervisors.

Hmm...I haven't had any questions when I've called a couple of times these past few weeks. However, it's always been the same two ladies - Monique (cute french lady) and Esther (who I think just rocks!). This time though it was a different one that I've spoken to before but she was never like this!

You mentioned that you have good results when you asked to speak to a supervisor. Do you do this only when you're not happy with the result of the initial person or do you immediately ask as soon as you call in?

I work a call center. You need to report when you are treated 'rudely'. Otherwise the higher ups in the call center cannot change it. If you just hang up the account manager gets off the call and you have to be inconvenienced to make another one. It's just like when someone leaves a restaurant for bad service (long wait, no drinks) and doesn't tell anyone. If the wheel doesn't squeak you don't know that it needs fixing.

kcjodih said:
Hmm...I haven't had any questions when I've called a couple of times these past few weeks. However, it's always been the same two ladies - Monique (cute french lady) and Esther (who I think just rocks!). This time though it was a different one that I've spoken to before but she was never like this!

You mentioned that you have good results when you asked to speak to a supervisor. Do you do this only when you're not happy with the result of the initial person or do you immediately ask as soon as you call in?

I've had some issues before so I've had to call back and ask for someone. I'm "that" person who's a bit of a pain! I'm high-maintenance when it comes to SS.

I totally get that they can't replace everything that breaks...but if I don't know how it broke, I'm not going to interrogate my customer. I want to provide good customer service, not make them feel like I think they're not trustworthy.

I'll usually ask how it broke - especially a stone - so I can make sure they're using it properly.

janezapchef said:
My director says that if you get someone rude when you call, hang up and call back. The chances you get her again right away are slim, and if they have any record of the call ending abruptly, just say something happened with the phone (not a lie -- what happened was you hung up). She says she'd much rather hang up and call back than deal with a rudey.

That is easier said than done. I called tonight and ended up letting them call me back when my place in line was 42 to 51 miinutes away. Can't just hang up and get a different person. I didn't get her name but the person I talked to tonight wasn't too chipper.

I had a customer tell me about a month after she got her bamboo spoon set last February that it was cracking. I asked her if she put it in the dishwasher and she said sure. I told her that shouldn't be any problem and I would send it back for her. I was doing a booth a few weeks ago and she was telling someone she used the spoon as a "paddle" for her children. I kinda laughed and said, "That is not a recommended use for it so that may be why it is messing up!" She just looked at me like I was nuts! I also said, "God made hands on parents and butts on children to spank..." My mother used to hit me with a belt and I swore I would never do that to my children or grandchildren...

Sorry about the hijack... Point is, they have to know or it could be something stupid like when I turned on the wrong eye on the stove and burnt the bottom out of the large bowl in the colander set!

I emailed the HO about a replacement for a Large Round Stone with Handles recently. It was the first time I've been asked the details. They asked for copies of any emails I received. I didn't mind the questions, though. I definitely understand that they need to be careful that things are being used appropriately if they're going to replace them. Frankly, PC is the only company I've ever seen that pays the shipping for a replacement item if it wasn't something damaged in shipping.

Jodi

The same thing happened to me, but it is NEW POLICY, according to the lady I was dealing with. She WAS frustrated, but not with me (or us), but rather with the policy. I was replacing a cracked mix 'n scraper & she had to ask ridiculous questions -- "what EXACTLY was I doing when I noitced, the problem", "did my home isnurance pay for it", "was I injured"!?!?

She wasn't giving you a hard time, it is the new policy -- we'll go through it every time we need to do a return, according to her!!

I'm not surprised. That's what happens when too many take advantage of a good thing.

I just want to point out that Jodi is in Canada and they have a totally different Solution Center.

paigev71 said:
That is easier said than done. I called tonight and ended up letting them call me back when my place in line was 42 to 51 miinutes away. Can't just hang up and get a different person. I didn't get her name but the person I talked to tonight wasn't too chipper.

Try waiting on hold next time. Every time I've waited on hold someone has picked up in 10 mins or less.

No, it's going on in the US too...

DebbieJ said:
I just want to point out that Jodi is in Canada and they have a totally different Solution Center.

Yeah, our service centre only has 3 or 4 employes usually. At least that's the impression I get when I call there.

I haven't had to deal with anyone being rude *yet* when I've called HO. But I have dealt with rude customer service people when I've called other companies. My favorite comeback for someone who's just being flat out rude is: "I'm sorry, have I done something to offend you or was it the customer before me???" You have to use a very sincere tone of concern for this one to work! If they are just having a bad day, that will normally snap them out of it & you'll get an apology and better service. This also works when you are face-to-face with a sales person ... but you have to raise your eyebrows and really look concerned. :angel:

For the CS rep who's just being short or snippy but not really rude I use: "It sounds like you have been having a VERY rough day. I hope it starts to turn around and get better for you." Of course you also have to use a sincere tone of concern with this comment too ... not a sarcastic one. ;)

If they are just not cooperative, I very politely say, "I'm sorry, that's not an acceptable answer. May I please speak to your supervisor?" Usually going up one level will do the trick and you'll get cooperation. But I have to admit, I had to go up to the 4th level one time with a Ford Dealership to get proper Customer Service! :p

paigev71 said:

Well, that's kind of her point though. It's sometimes worth it to have HO call again than deal with someone who is flat out rude and won't give you the help you need without pulling teeth. Chances are good it won't be the same person calling you back. Or, wait on hold for 10 minutes the next time as Debbie suggested.

Well every time I have called them I have been told it's 3 hours until I can get a call back. So I decided to call them at night.

I got the third degree too.

So instead of waiting another 3 hours for a call back just to hear the same thing, I did an online adjustment.

MUCH easier.

That'll work too! I hope this 3rd degree isn't going to be "the thing" now, but it's sounding that way more and more.

Related to Support Services - Arrggg What the Heck?!?!

1. What types of support services does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support services to our customers and consultants. This includes product support, recipe ideas, cooking tips, and business support for consultants.

2. How can I contact Pampered Chef's support team?

You can contact our support team by phone at 1-800-266-5562, or by email at [email protected]. You can also reach out to your personal consultant for support.

3. How can I access recipe ideas and cooking tips from Pampered Chef?

You can access recipe ideas and cooking tips from Pampered Chef by visiting our website or by downloading our mobile app. You can also follow us on social media for daily inspiration and tips.

4. Can I receive support for my business as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers business support for our consultants, including training, marketing materials, and access to a community of other consultants for advice and support.

5. Are there any fees for using Pampered Chef's support services?

No, there are no additional fees for using Pampered Chef's support services. These services are included with your purchases and membership as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
DebPC