• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with a Game Plan at Your December Meeting!

In summary, the conversation covers a variety of board and card games that the participants enjoy playing, including Scrabble, Wizard, Apples to Apples, Cranium, Mille Borne, Life, Payday, Monopoly, Trivia Pursuit, Phase 10, Taboo, Scattergories, Cribbage, Hand and Foot, 99, and Spoons. Some participants also mention playing these games with their families or friends, while others share their love for these games and their competitive nature. The conversation also includes explanations and instructions for some of the games, such as Spoons and Bunco.
annew
Dec. mtgsOk so now that the new incentives have been annonced are any of you planning to do anything special @ your December meeting?????

I was thinking about having each of them bring:
a list of their past hosts for 2007
their planner
a list of bookings leads

& some how get them to make a game plan to fill their jan/feb calendars....not sure how I'm going to do it quite yet

love to know what you are all thinking :)

I wish I was, but we are getting together at a resturant for our Christmas party. And we have a training with Barbara Duke.

No December meeting here. But i will be in contact mostly emailing my team during the month.

we talked the other day about just announcing the announcements and stressing how important the beginning of the year is to the rest of the year's success...and then we are going to party!

Yeah we aren't doing a meeting for Dec. Just a party. But I like what you said, announce the annoucnment and how important it is. We are doing a quick meeting the first Monday of January, before Leadership. Then we have our BIG kick off the end of January.

Used to be queen of scrabble and boggle back in the day... and we used to play this card game called Wizard! Soo much fun!

we don't do many board games but when we do we love APPLES TO APPLES great family game or adults only whichever. CRANIUM is fun too but not so easy for smaller kids.

Scrabble, all time fav... Man eats Dog is a good card game though (it's a game of creative headlines and can be quite funny)... Mille Borne is another fun card 'racing' game... haven't played it in years though but remember it being VERY fun.

When I was a kid it was Life and Payday. We played Monopoly a lot too. My son plays games on the computers. I want to get board games so we can hang as a family but he is still at the loosing pieces stage. It seems like whatever I buy he looses or breaks. Well he is only 5.

I love to play Scrabble too - I'm very competive and have always like board and card games - and my husband and kids do too.

Scrabble is a classic. Crainium is fun, so is Taboo. Cribbage is also fun.

we are hooked on Dominoes and love Apples to Apples too.

I LOVE Yahtzee. I also play Uno with my 8 year old daughter a lot.

I haven't played, but am told by many that Apples to Apples is a good one.

We love to play Phase 10! As far as board games...Taboo and Scattergories are awesome! My kids love to play Life........

I do not remember the last time I played a board or card game.

We played Trivia Pursuit Kids Nick Edition yesterday when we had no power. Both kids are just the right age to be able to play and it's pretty fun. I'm scared by how much I (and they) know about Nickelodeon. LOL... I am proud though at the power of recall my 5 yo DD is developing... she used to guess, now you can tell she KNOWS the answer..

I love to play the card game hand and foot

I just played Scattergories for the first time on Thanksgiving- it was fun. we had a large group so we split into teams. for card games we also play 99.

Admin Greg said:
Scrabble is a classic. Crainium is fun, so is Taboo. Cribbage is also fun.

Cribbage is DH's fave game, he grew up playin that and taught me how. We also use to play cranium back when we had family game night with the in laws.

Anyone here ever play spoons? SO FUN! (but can be dangerous....lol)

um no what is it all about?

We're doing our party tomorrow night but I'm trying to make up my Dec news quickly!! Ugh! I just made the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte for tomorrow and I can't wait to eat it!! :blushing::D

Christ Follower said:
Anyone here ever play spoons? SO FUN! (but can be dangerous....lol)
I remember really liking that game when I was in jr. high or early h.s. I remember that you steal a spoon and someone ends up not getting one. Then what? I don't know.

I like Apples to Apples if playing with all adults. If kids are in the mix it's not as fun. I like lots of games.

Spoons is a hard game to explain in writing. You have at least 2 decks of cards. Everyone gets 4 cards. You can only have 4 at a time. There are spoons in the middle of the table (one less than the amount of people playing the game).

The "dealer" get's the stack of cards and begins to pull (one card at a time) from the deck and passes it down. The point is to get 4 of a kind. You HAVE to discard a card if you take one of the ones being passed around. If you take the card passed to you, the card you discard goes to the person next to you and so on.

The first person that get's 4 of a kind, quietly picks up a spoon from the middle. At that point, (4 of a kind or not) everyone can try to get a spoon. Whoever is left w/o a spoon is out and it starts over again until only one is left the spoon champion.

Get it?

Oh ya, I also LOVE Bunco. (but that's dice).

erinyourpclady said:
We love to play Phase 10! As far as board games...Taboo and Scattergories are awesome! My kids love to play Life........

I love Phase 10 as well ... we also really REALLY love a game called Mille Bournes

ShanaSmith said:
I wish I was, but we are getting together at a resturant for our Christmas party. And we have a training with Barbara Duke.

Shana,
Are you part of Barbara Duke's downline or was she invited by your upline? I would like to know more about her PC history, because I think that she may be able to answer some of my different challenges in growing my business (mainly growing me!) Thanks!

I am in her second line. One of the directors in my area just rolled from her third to first time, so Barb has been trying to help get her back on track. I am so lucky, my upline consists of Robin Anderson (Exec), Barbara Duke (Sr Exec) and Beth Jacobs (Nat Exec).

We had our training with her last Sunday, it was on recruiting. It was really good, but I didn't feel like to was as benificial to me as to the other people there.

Basically she has worked her bottom off to get where she is with the company, and expects the same from everyone else. She promoted to executive in 3 years, while working 50-60 hours a week at her other job, and had kids at home. Then she camped there for 13ish years before promoting to Senior Exec. She generally has between 80-100 first line and many thousands in her overall downline. She had earned level 4 by National Conference this year. I have to say her pay checks would make anyone want to work harder.

She is very helpful, I can pass on her email addy if you would like.

i love to play scrabble and monopoly! those are two of my faves!

Oooooo...just played Apples to Apples for the first time the other night. I really liked that one.

We love scrabble and Yahteeze (sp).... we have a game night that we have with some friends of ours.

mommyhugz1978 said:
We love scrabble and Yahteeze (sp).... we have a game night that we have with some friends of ours.

I LOVE Yahtzee! I think I put that as my first answer in the thread. I always make DH play with me on our (once in a great while) date nights.

I like RISK and Settlers of Catan

Related to Boost Your Business with a Game Plan at Your December Meeting!

1. What are the new incentives for December meetings?

The new incentives for December meetings include having each attendee bring a list of past hosts from 2007, their planner, and a list of booking leads to create a game plan for filling their January and February calendars.

2. How can I encourage my team to participate in the game plan at the December meeting?

You can offer incentives or rewards for those who successfully complete their game plan, such as a gift card or extra points towards their sales goals. You can also make the activity fun and engaging by turning it into a game or competition.

3. Do I need to prepare anything ahead of time for the game plan activity?

It would be helpful to provide some guidance or prompts for your team to follow during the game plan activity. This could include questions to consider, tips for setting goals, or examples of effective game plans.

4. How long should the game plan activity last during the December meeting?

The length of the game plan activity will depend on the size of your team and how much time you have allotted for your meeting. It is recommended to give at least 15-20 minutes for the activity so that everyone has enough time to create a thorough game plan.

5. Can I adapt the game plan activity for virtual meetings?

Yes, the game plan activity can be adapted for virtual meetings by using online tools such as shared documents or virtual whiteboards. You can also have your team complete the activity on their own time and then share their game plans during the meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
raebates