• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Achieving Your Five Year Plan: Tips from The Success Factory

In summary, Marie-France Myers recommends setting and achieving short and long term goals to create a five year plan. She also advises breaking goals down into smaller chunks.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Last week, I sent The Success Factory a question, and they answered it and put it as one of the daily tips! How cool is that?

For those who don't get it, here it is.......

-----------------

SUBJECT: Goal Setting - Five Year Plan

Marie-France Myers writes:

Hi,

First, let me ssay that I really enjoy reading your messages everyday. They are very
uplifting and motivational.

One thing I have been thinking about recently is a "five year plan" for my business and
personal life. Just wondering if that's something you guys can give tips on doing and
putting together.

Marie,
Thank you for your positive comments and for your great question. The fact that you are asking about a five year plan shows that you are taking your business very seriously.

A five year plan is really no more difficult that working out the long term results of setting and achieving short term goals for your business and your personal life.

In his book “Future Diary”, Mark Victor Hansen tells us that “life means more with goals than without goals”. He encourages us to “think big, act big, and set out to accomplish big results. Big goals turn on the energy in your eighteen billion brain cells.”

Think about what you want to do, have, and be. Are there trips you would like to take? Financial goals you would like to achieve? Where will your children be in five years? Will you have enough money to send them to college? Would you like to be driving a new car? Does your kitchen need remodeling? Perhaps your goal is related to your health – do you want to lower your blood pressure, lose weight, or maybe be able to run a 5K or a marathon? Maybe you’d like to learn to ballroom dance.

Make a long list and then identify the goals as long or short term. Take the long term goals and then break them down into bite-sized chunks.

For example, let’s say that you have a goal of buying a vacation home in the next five years. Why do you want to accomplish this goal? What will it mean to you and to your family? How will it feel when you have accomplished this goal? WRITE THIS DOWN!

How much extra income will you need each month in order to be able to make an additional mortgage payment? What will your annual income after taxes need to be in five years as compared to what it is currently? How will you get from where you are now to where you want to be?

The first time that you go through this exercise you will most likely need the help of your upline manager or director. How you break this down will depend on your company’s career plan. You will need to have a grasp on some of your company’s statistics that tell you how much an average consultant sells and recruits in a year. This will help you to determine what the structure of your organization will need to look like.

Break your goals down to the point that you know what your activity needs to be on a quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis.

What are your personal and team sales and recruiting goals? What do you need to do each week, each day in order to reach those goals? How many parties do you need to do personally? How many team parties need to happen each week/month/quarter? How many personal and recruiting appointments need to be held each week/month/quarter in order to experience the team growth that you desire? Are there contests or promotions that you can run within your organization that will help to keep your team motivated?

OUR goal at TSF is to help to provide the tools that HELP YOU to experience the desired outcome for growing your direct sales business. We hope you will continue to read and use our daily email tips and take advantage of all of our website’s resources in order to realize your dreams!

Thanks for the great question Marie!

Very cool, and good advice about planning!

How neat!
I just got this in my inbox a little while ago, I knew that name sounded familiar! Way to go!!!

I wondered if that was you. Congratulations!

We wish you all the best in creating your five year plan and achieving your goals. Remember, with hard work, determination, and the right tools, anything is possible! Keep up the great work and keep reaching for your dreams!

1. How can I create a realistic five year plan?

Creating a realistic five year plan starts with setting achievable goals. Start by identifying what you want to achieve in five years, and then break it down into smaller, more manageable goals. Make sure to also consider any potential obstacles that may arise and have a plan to overcome them.

2. How do I stay motivated to follow my five year plan?

Staying motivated is key to achieving your five year plan. One way to stay motivated is to regularly review your goals and remind yourself of why you set them in the first place. It can also be helpful to track your progress and celebrate small successes along the way.

3. How do I adjust my five year plan if circumstances change?

It's important to be flexible with your five year plan and make adjustments as needed. Life circumstances can change, so be open to modifying your plan if necessary. This may involve setting new goals or shifting timelines, but remember that it's all part of the journey to success.

4. How can I hold myself accountable for following through on my five year plan?

Accountability is crucial for achieving your five year plan. One way to hold yourself accountable is to share your goals with a trusted friend or mentor who can provide support and offer guidance. You can also set specific deadlines and regularly check in with yourself to ensure you are making progress towards your goals.

5. How can I make sure my five year plan is well-rounded and addresses all aspects of my life?

A well-rounded five year plan should consider all aspects of your life, including personal, professional, and financial goals. It's important to prioritize and set goals in each area to ensure balance and overall success. Regularly reviewing and adjusting your plan can also help ensure that all areas of your life are being addressed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Becca_in_MD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chezshelly
Replies
Views
PampMomof3