• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balancing Work, Family, and Success as a Director: Tips and Advice

like I should be doing more parties and making more money.I work full-time and I'm a Director. I do between 5-10 shows per month....5 in the summer and 8 normally.I can send you something that has really helped my business, just give me your email address.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so things are really starting to happen for me, but I'm afraid I'm starting to feel the "fear of success"! :eek:

Anyone out there work FT outside the home, have a family AND is a Director with a full show schedule? How do you do it? I just need to seriously start thinking about whether I want to be Director or not....or is it just something I THINK I should do!! :confused:

Advice anyone?

Do you have the CD called "Working PC and another job" available? It has some great suggestions from some Upper Level Directors who are making it work.

Yep. I did listen to that CD quite a few times way back when. I must get it out again! :)

I work full-time and I'm a Director. I do between 5-10 shows per month....5 in the summer and 8 normally.

I can send you something that has really helped my business, just give me your email address.

Winnipegk said:
I work full-time and I'm a Director. I do between 5-10 shows per month....5 in the summer and 8 normally.

I can send you something that has really helped my business, just give me your email address.

I would be interested also. :D My email is: [email protected]

Thank you!

Winnipegk said:

Thanks! :) I just PM'd you.

I work almost full time (Mon- Fri, 9am to 3pm)

I started this job about 2 years after starting PC (I started 6 years ago). I am the secretary at my husbands family's business.
Nothing much has changed schedule wise for me since starting, I have always done about 2 shows a week, i try to bump it up to 3 a week in November & dec.
I promoted to Director 2 years ago and I have managed to hold on just fine, but i know that if i did not have this other job, I would be doing a lot better for my team.
It can be done, it is just a bit of a struggle because you have to be there for your team, and you have to set a good example ect.
BUT, if you can make it work, you won;t be needing that other job anyway!

I would love to quit my day job, but I have horrible family guilt for even thinking of abandoning my FIL.

Winnipegk said:

Can you send it to me to?
;)

[email protected]

I would love it as well. I am not a future director or director just yet. I have one qualified recruiter and I have 3 on the fence. I am a little worried about how to juggle it all if everything works out.

Thanks.

Kelly

[email protected]

I have posted on this site before about my full life so for those who have read this...I am SO sorry!!!

I feel I must reach out, however, because the balancing act of working full time and growing a PC business can be quite a feat!! Especially as the team grows and your time gets shorter.

I work as a Food Service Director for a school with 8 kitchens and 50 employees. I work 11 months out of the year. I also help my parents rent their 2 cottages on the river. My spring cleaning of the camps starts in late April and runs through the fall as far as my obligations of helping them out. This involves me being there for the cottages almost every weekend in the late spring and throughout the summer. My most horrible month of the year is September through the first 2 weeks of October. I am working 9 to 13 hour days at school for those 6 weeks, trying to book parties for October and on...and keep my team going.

My son lives with his father and is now 18 but when I started, he was 9 and he lived with me every weekend. I just did what I could do when I could do it without keeping him out of the loop. If I did have a party on the weekend, he would spend about 4 hours at my parents' house or a friends' house. Sometimes he came with me (sometimes happily, but not for long!!)

My promotion to director came 3 years ago. I was able to get TPC but this was before my parent's needed help with the cottages so I was able to push my schedule a little harder. I have had a terrible time with feeling like I "should do more" when I have less time...and I hit 50 this year. :eek: That doesn't mean I am old, but things DO change physically.

Like your business, you too will go through cycles. Just remember to carve a bit of time for YOU. And evaluate where you may have to delegate. I have an almost Director and a Future Director who I am tapping into more and more for parts of the meeting. This takes alot of pressure off me. I have a hard time delagating sometimes, not because of control issues, but because I don't want people to think I am shoving something off on them. My upline is helping me out with this!!

Keep trying new methods for organizing yourself. For me, after all of this time, the binder system is working for me. Also, be ready to change and try new things to see if they work for you.

Not sure I helped, but I certainly can feel your pain!! Keep asking and reaching for ideas!

Ann, I've met you - you don't look a day over 39! :)

Wow, Ann. Thank you so much for your insights. You are one busy lady! :) Glad to see I'm not alone.

1. How can I balance my work with my family responsibilities as a Director?

As a Director at Pampered Chef, it's important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set boundaries and create a schedule that allows you to spend quality time with your family while also meeting your work responsibilities. Delegate tasks when possible and communicate openly with your team about your availability and boundaries.

2. What tips do you have for maintaining a successful career while also being present for my family?

Prioritization is key when it comes to balancing work and family life. Make a list of your top priorities and focus on those first. Learn to say no to tasks that don't align with your priorities and delegate when possible. Communication and time management are also crucial in maintaining a successful career while being present for your family.

3. How do you handle the guilt of not being able to attend certain family events due to work commitments?

Guilt is a common feeling when trying to balance work and family life. It's important to remember that you can't be everywhere at once and to be gentle with yourself. Communicate openly with your family about your work commitments and make an effort to attend important events whenever possible. Also, remember that quality time with your family is more important than quantity.

4. How can I set boundaries to ensure I have time for both work and family?

Setting boundaries is crucial for balancing work and family life. Start by identifying your priorities and setting realistic expectations for yourself and others. Communicate these boundaries clearly and consistently with your team and family. Use technology to your advantage by setting designated work hours and turning off work notifications during family time.

5. What advice do you have for achieving success in both my career and personal life as a Director?

Success looks different for everyone, so it's important to define what success means to you. Set achievable goals and create a plan to reach them. Prioritize your time and delegate when necessary. Remember to take care of yourself and make time for self-care. Lastly, be flexible and remember that balance is not a one-size-fits-all approach, it's an ongoing process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • babywings76