• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New Director (Initial Support) & Director Recognition

In summary, the conversation is about two main topics: the first is seeking advice on how to support and recognize directors in the first three months, and the second is discussing different methods of monthly recognition for directors. People share their own experiences and ideas, including weekly calls, mentoring packs, and small gifts or events. The conversation also touches on the importance of genuine support and appreciation from upline directors.
krhodes74
I hope you are all well. I'm looking to pick your brains....

I have just promoted out my first director which I'm really really pleased about and I am looking for advice on two things:

Firstly, what things did your upline do that you really appreciated in your first three months to get you off to a great start? And / or what have you done to support any downline directors which has been well received?

Secondly, how does your upline do director monthly recognition (if at all) and / or what do you do for your downline directors?

My upline has not been A-class on either of the above so I'm looking for some great ideas of things that you've experienced or done for your teams, or just some great ideas!

Thanks in advance for your help, I hope this is helpful for others too!

Kirsty

I was really hoping to hear people's response on this one!

Secondly, how does your upline do director monthly recognition (if at all) and / or what do you do for your downline directors?

I would love to know what everyone else's directors do for this. I do my meeting with my director still.
I announce my own sales as part of my teams recognition, but my director still does ribbon recognition for me.

Thanks Chantelle, seems everyone else is sorted on this one or too busy working to respond! ;-)

What I've started doing with my new director is weekly calls and then using the mentoring new directors pack which I received recently. It has working sessions on specific themes e.g. cluster communication, and suggests focus calls in between times. We're going to give that a go and see how we get on.

I haven't got the recognition thing resolved yet though. I want to do something to recognise my director on an ongoing basis when she does well but I'm not quite sure what. Some people here have suggested a breakfast / brunch meeting once in a while as a treat and I like that idea. I'd love some other suggestions from the experienced folks on here. How do you make your directors feel special and / or how does your upline director make you feel special and valued?

Answers please....

Kirsty

My upline director verbally recognized directors if we attended the meeting. We had a director retreat once but had to pay ourselves. She spend nothing out of pocket and did very simple things. Oh, when we promoted we did get a red apron with our name on it.

Now that she's not with the company my upline director is out of state. As far as recognition goes she does an email noting the top people but for the most part leaves the directors out so that new people can get recognized (I do understand that). She sends a small Christmas gift - I think just to directors but since I'm new to her 1st line and live so far away I don't know. I don't know what she does for those who attend the meeting. She is doing a director retreat for the first time this month - can't wait. I have to say while she doesn't give me stuff she is VERY supportive and genuinely cares. She will set up weekly calls at the drop of the hat if anyone asks for it, she is there if we need anything and helps brainstorm or plan. That's the important thing. I love the carrots and wish I got some but in the big picture she is giving me what I really need and that's so important.

I'm a carrot person so I give my team carrots. I don't have a director yet but my TL lives far away too. I do give her gifts for accomplishments, Christmas, at conference and calls/emails to support and recognize. I have learned that no matter what I offer it isn't going to get most people to do what I want/need them to do so I am rethinking things. At the retreat I plan to pick the brains of several other directors to see what they do and make some changes. Since I'm not "paid as" director every month any more I have to watch my $$ closer. I don't mind spending my overrides on my team but when it cuts into my commission...

I feel like they work so hard to get there and then when they do in most cases they get nothing as far as recogiotion. I want to reward what I want repeated :)

Here i my director recogniton.
2010 DIRECTOR Recognition Program

To show my appreciation for your hard work and your support of your teams, I would like to reward you with a special recognition program. This program is over and above the incredible rewards from The Pampered Chef…it’s my way of letting you know how much I, as your Director, appreciate you and your contributions to our teams!

One Time Recognition for NEW DIRECTORS :

Being a New Director has a host of rewards from The Pampered Chef! I also want to encourage you in that new endeavor and help you strive towards success as a Director. To do that I am offering these special rewards in your first 3 months as a new director!

When you have $5000 in first line team sales in your first month you will get $10 PC Dollars.

When you add 2 new personal recruits in your first 2 months as a Director you will get $10 PC Dollars

When you have added 3 new personal recruits and have $15,000 in team sales in your first line in your first 3 months, you will get $25 PC Dollars

Monthly Recognition :

Recognition Binder
A special certificate will be made for your monthly accomplishments for you to keep in your recognition binder. This binder is for you to show off to your friends, family and even at your shows! Please bring to each meeting so that you can put YOUR certificate in the binder! Certificates will be awarded as follows:

• more than $1250 in sales submitted
• 4 or more Cooking shows
• Signed a new consultant
• any specialized training that you attend
• Earned PC Dollars / Consultant Incentives

Team info will be noted on each certificate when they qualify as a team : )

Charmholder and Charms
You can earn charms a few different ways:
• Upline Director Challenges – Product Charms
• TEAM CHARM $7,500 in team sales (under 10 members) or $12,000 (10-15 team members) or $16,000 (16-20 team members) - $$ Charm
• PERSONAL CHARM $3000 sales & 6 shows - Best Chef Apron Charm

Recruiting:
When you have someone who joins our team, the personal rewards are endless. In addition, we want to reward you in a few ways:

• When you promote to Director, you will get a special star with red stones added to your pin!
• When you promote your first director you will get a special star with blue stones to add to your holder.
• For every 5 new consultants you add to your team you will get a special start cut-out to add to your holder!

**You must attend the meeting the month after your new consultants agreement was submitted to receive the reward

QUARTERLY CHALLENGES
These will vary by director and by quarter. Keep your eye out for the newest challenge!

Thanks Gail and Beth - these are great comments and really helpful! :)

Gail - can you tell me more what you mean by 'charmholder' please? Is this something you have done yourself or do PC provide it? Can you post a picture?!

I love the idea of the recognition binder - will definitely do that.

Thanks again.

Kirsty

I have just promoted my first director and for the meeting where she was recognized for her promotion, she was given a dish garden. Carolyn (dannyzmom) shared a copy of how the dish garden represents aspects of your business. Part of this was rocks being in the dish garden represent the challenges we will have in our business. I bought chocolate that looks exactly like rocks in Walmart and demonstrated how we like to take care of "challenges in our business"...eat em' up and eliminate them!!! She also received a red apron and I made up a nice certificate for her as well.

Honestly, I have not been recognized as a director other than stats each month, but may consider further recognition for my team. In some respects, the higher pay and the free products are great rewards! And when our team produces, we get paid at a higher rate by PC and get generous carrots, I feel. My up line does send me a Christmas present and if I earn a trip or Excellence Award, I am sent something special as well. It is appreciated, but I truly do not expect it. Can you hear the mixed feelings?:confused:

1. How do I become a Director with Pampered Chef?

To become a Director with Pampered Chef, you must first achieve the rank of New Director by meeting certain sales and recruiting requirements. Once you have achieved this rank, you will receive initial support from the company to help you grow your business and reach the next level.

2. What kind of support can I expect as a New Director?

As a New Director, you will receive a variety of support from Pampered Chef, including access to training and resources, one-on-one coaching, and support from your upline Director. This support is designed to help you build a successful business and reach the next level of Director recognition.

3. What are the benefits of reaching the Director rank?

Becoming a Director with Pampered Chef comes with many benefits, including increased commissions, access to exclusive training and events, and the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives. Additionally, Directors have the ability to build and lead a team of Consultants, which can lead to even more success and income.

4. How long does it typically take to achieve the Director rank?

The time it takes to achieve the Director rank varies for each individual based on their efforts and dedication to their business. Some may achieve this rank within a few months, while others may take longer. The important thing is to focus on consistently meeting sales and recruiting goals to reach this milestone.

5. What is the recognition program for Directors at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a comprehensive recognition program for Directors, which includes rewards and incentives for achieving various milestones and goals. This can include bonuses, trips, and other perks. Additionally, Directors are recognized for their achievements at company events and through various publications and social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • katie0128