• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Attending New Recruit's First Show - Tips

In summary, my recruit has her first show tonight and tomorrow. I am attending both. I would like some tips on what to do at the show.
Bren706
Gold Member
My newest recruit (first one in a year) has her first show tonight (and tomorrow) and I am attending both.

What kind of things should I do at the show in regards to the actual demo? Should I introduce her to the crowd during the beginning, and talk about how they can help her business take off by booking shows tonight?

I just went to my new girl's first show on Tuesday, and I usually try to go to any of my recruits first shows - I just help them set up, and sit in the wings incase there is a question or they need help (and freeze!!) - I am just the security blanket if they need me.

Ask her how much she wants you to do. If she's been to a show recently, she may be comfortable doing the demo herself. If not, then she may want a refresher.One thing I've heard (and I forget whose tip it was, other than it was one of the big-name men in the company) is to do the full service checkout for your recruit. Then she can hear you upselling and asking for bookings without being overwhelmed trying to remember to do it herself.

Great "Re-Advice" Ann...

Thanks for the advice. I'm in the same boat and will likely attend my first recruit's first show next week.

I'd like some tips too. I figured I'd sit back and do a full service check out so she could watch. This is my first recruit (I have been in the business 13 months and have 22k in sales working this part time).My FD wants our AD to go with us during my recruits first show. I objected and my recruit was relieved. I thought this would be too much pressure.More tips please.. We (my recruit and I) are excited and I want to give her the best coaching possible!

My recruit had her first real show last night. She had a mystery host party at her house and I really helped her with that one as she had never been to a PC show before but loved our products and signed (Yeah me! lol). So I went last night and I helped her set up her stuff, mingled with guests, and when she would get stuck or I knew there was something important that she missed I would jump in. She's very thankful for that and the guests seemed very responsive to both of us.

Its a small show right now ($200) but we are praying for more. It was an interesting crowd and I have never encountered a host as we had last night.

What are some tips for attending a new recruit's first show?

1. Arrive early: Give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get settled in before the show starts. This will also give you time to find the best seats.

2. Show your support: Make sure to cheer and applaud for your recruit during their performance. This will boost their confidence and show them that you are proud of them.

3. Take pictures/videos: Capture this special moment for your recruit by taking pictures or videos. This will be a great keepsake for both of you.

4. Bring a gift: Show your recruit how much you appreciate their hard work by bringing a small gift or flowers to congratulate them on their first show.

5. Dress appropriately: Check with your recruit or the event organizers to see if there is a dress code for the show. Make sure to dress appropriately and comfortably for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
teresah551393
  • chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl