• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supporting First Show for New Recruit

In summary, the author suggests helping your recruit with their first show by doing things like setting up and assisting, watching your directors show after you've done a few, and adding just enough to get her back on track if she's struggling.
lisamac
Gold Member
Hi
I have a new recruit who has her first show tonight and I'm going to be there to support her. She is recruit number 8 but I've only had the opportunity to do this for one other. I was hoping to get some advice from those that help their recruits with their first shows. What part of the show do you do? How do you talk up the bookings/recruiting etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure to help her get a strong a start as possible.

Thanks for your help!

I've only helped one of my recruits with her first show. I helped her get set up and when the party started, I stood back and was there to assist (like a go-for) and to answer questions that she didn't know. Besides that, I just stayed out of the way. When it was over, I helped her pack up. I wanted her to feel like she could do it own her own next time.

I found it very helpful to go watch my directors show after I did about 10 shows. I wanted to do some first, so I could have something to compare against. I would suggest this to her. I had been to PC shows before, but as a guest, so I wanted to observe from a different perspective. it was very helpful, and I actually gave her some ideas, and she has been doing this for 9 yrs!! I am definately more confident now.

I was planning on doing the introduction and mentioning that my #1 was new consultant this was her "coming out" show. Unfortunately, only two people attended--her mom and future mother-in-law, and they started before I arrived. Her second and third shows I already had something else planned. Now I can't get hold of her and she hasn't submitted the shows on P3 yet. I don't think she's a kit napper, but I'm starting to wonder. I think that little gremlin voice is working in my head and there's a legitimate explanation.

what ever came of this, have u gotten ahold of her?

bump, i'm going to my first recruits party this week. I like the idea of sitting back and listening. any more ideas?

If you feel like she struggling step up and add just enough to get her back on track. I've attended both my recruits first shows and that helped them a lot!

Chef Bobby said:
I've only helped one of my recruits with her first show. I helped her get set up and when the party started, I stood back and was there to assist (like a go-for) and to answer questions that she didn't know. Besides that, I just stayed out of the way. When it was over, I helped her pack up. I wanted her to feel like she could do it own her own next time.

This is exactly what I've done for 3 downline recruits so far, and it went well. They did most of the work, I was just there for support, help in answering questions, and moving the show along when she looked like a deer in headlights. Good luck!

1. What should I include in my first show for a new recruit?

It's important to make a good first impression, so make sure to include a warm welcome, an overview of the company and its values, and any relevant information about the recruit's role and responsibilities. You may also want to introduce them to their team members and provide a tour of the office.

2. How can I make the new recruit feel comfortable during their first show?

Start by creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Encourage team members to introduce themselves and engage in conversation with the new recruit. Be approachable and open to any questions they may have. Also, consider providing them with a welcome package or a small gift to show your appreciation for their joining the team.

3. Should I provide any training during the first show?

It depends on the role and the recruit's previous experience. If they are new to the industry or the specific tasks they will be responsible for, it may be helpful to provide some initial training to help them get familiar with the job. However, if they are experienced, you can focus on providing them with more specific information about your company and their role within it.

4. What if the new recruit has questions that I can't answer during the first show?

It's completely normal to not have all the answers during the first show. If you encounter a question you can't answer, be honest and let the recruit know that you will get back to them with the information. Make sure to follow up with them as soon as possible to provide the requested information.

5. How can I ensure that the new recruit feels supported during their first show?

Communication is key. Make sure to check in with the recruit regularly to see how they are doing and if they have any questions or concerns. Encourage them to reach out to you or their team members if they need any support. Also, make sure to provide them with clear expectations and feedback to help them feel confident and supported in their new role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
teresah551393
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Chef Bobby