• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Are Appetizer Plates and Caddy a Must-Have for November Shows?

In summary, these are being used at some shows, but it is not recommended as the plates are too heavy and people are breaking them.
DebPC
Staff member
Is anyone using these for the food during your November shows when you know you have lees then 12 or 16 if you have the cranberry too? I already chipped one of my white plates when I tipped the caddy and it fell out.

Great Idea, I'll have to use that at my show tomorrow!!!

I haven't been using at my shows. It is so heavy full. I bring 4 white and 4 cranberry plates and talk about it instead of bringing all 12 and then 4 plates.

chefkugler said:
I haven't been using at my shows. It is so heavy full. I bring 4 white and 4 cranberry plates and talk about it instead of bringing all 12 and then 4 plates.

Good idea! I've been lugging the whole darn thing!

Yes- great idea! we have so many heavy really neat products!

I have been carrying them to my shows since August and we often use them as the plates to serve the guests. I have the white alternated with the cranberry and it's so pretty! They are the only SA that I have been taking (usually) but in Novmember I am considering going back to the small bowl caddy/squares and taking the large oval platter instead. Or maybe I'll ask the host which of the host specials she wants to see.

I have not sold many of them so I am thinking that it's not really worth lugging them...

I have lugged them to a couple of shows for display only. I was just taking some out for tonites show. All my cranberry ones have small scratchs on the tops from being stacked and moved. Bummer.

Happy Chef said:
I have lugged them to a couple of shows for display only. I was just taking some out for tonites show. All my cranberry ones have small scratchs on the tops from being stacked and moved. Bummer.

I noticed that too. I am very disappointed by that. I have now removed them from the caddy and will only take the white ones. The good thing is that our customers won't have that problem.

I shlepped them to a bunch of shows and only sold one set - to a host. So I have decided to stop bringing them.

Happy Chef said:

Mine have it as well and I emailed today for a product adjustment. If they are meant to stack, they shouldn't be scratching like that.

I have since put a paper towel between each one.

good idea about the paper towel. i agree they shouldn't sctatch. what if someone using the plate wants to cut something on it???
I'm going to call Monday as well.

Mine aren't scratched yet. But I'm on my second set. The first set I got didn't sit right. The plates were not lined up. I contacted HO and they sent me a new set. These sit right and have been doing well. I'm holding a purse party tonight and plan to use them for plates. I can't wait since many of my friends are bringing friends that I haven't met. I plan to put out a nice simple additions display.:D

I had been taking them to my Sept/Oct shows but changed out my kit a bit with the holidays and needed to lighten it up. STILL getting November bookings for this item (although the Oval Platter is the main fave in my area) and I am selling about 4 full priced sets a month. Kind of a surprise.

Another reason I'm not taking the set with me was a post either here or on CS...indicating that if you break a plate you have to send the entire set back. I am a klutz so don't want to risk it!

They have fixed that. I had a sister director who shattered one and they are sending her just one to replace that.

I just got off the phone with CS and I have to send the whole set back for just one chipped plate. I am also sending back my cranberry plates for the top surface scratches. When I complained- they are sending me a PP mailing label for it all. I'm going to wait until my last show (12/6) and then send them back.

I may try to get my cranberry plates replaced too....I have scratch marks as well. I have been bringing the whole caddy with 12 white plates in it to shows. I haven't brought the cranberry plates in a few shows. What I found though was that the whole caddy and plates fit in my old tool turn about tote (the one that wasn't as thick and nice). Then I surround it with towels and the oven mitt to protect it. I then fits into the middle "slot" of my BIG Show To Go tote bag. I find that this makes it very easy to transport as long as I'm careful. However, I have only sold them to hosts this month, so I may stop bringing it next month. I've tried to use the plates as the plates at shows, but to be honest, they're a little small. I did book a show off a booth in October JUST because she wanted this set at 60% off, so that was a nice bonus.

I finally called HO about my plates and they were great! Just got all my new ones- because they were in my directors sample kit, they sent them before I had to send the old ones back. So now I can take my time in sending back my old set until I have time. PC is so terrific!

Happy Chef said:
Is anyone using these for the food during your November shows when you know you have lees then 12 or 16 if you have the cranberry too? I already chipped one of my white plates when I tipped the caddy and it fell out.

I was bringing them in September (my last live shows - can you believe I won't be able to drive until MARCH?)... I love to tell people how much I save over buying small paper plates. I used them for cake at my daughter's birthday party. *I* love them. I have 2 sets. You have made me aware that some are not completely flat though...

Related to Are Appetizer Plates and Caddy a Must-Have for November Shows?

1. What are the dimensions of the appetizer plates?

The appetizer plates from Pampered Chef have a diameter of 6 inches and a height of 1 inch.

2. Are the appetizer plates microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, the appetizer plates are both microwave and dishwasher safe, making cleaning and reheating a breeze.

3. How many appetizer plates can the caddy hold?

The appetizer caddy can hold up to 12 appetizer plates, making it perfect for serving a larger group at parties or events.

4. Is the caddy collapsible for easy storage?

Yes, the appetizer caddy is designed to be collapsible for convenient storage in your kitchen cabinets or pantry.

5. Can the appetizer plates and caddy be purchased separately?

Yes, the appetizer plates and caddy can be purchased separately or as a set. However, purchasing the set will save you money compared to buying them individually.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies