• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Anyone Have a Blind Consultant on Their Team?

In summary, a blind consultant is a visually impaired or blind consultant for Pampered Chef who is trained and knowledgeable in the company's products and provides excellent customer service and product recommendations. They are provided with accessibility tools and training to help them succeed in their role, and have the support of their team and the entire Pampered Chef community. They are also able to do cooking demonstrations using their other senses and tools like talking kitchen scales and measuring cups. Special accommodations are made for blind consultants, such as providing materials in braille or large print and ensuring accessibility at events. To support a blind consultant on your team, you can assist with setting up events, provide audio descriptions during presentations, and advocate for accessibility within the company.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I'm not talking visually challenged, I'm talking totally blind. I want to help her many ways I can but am a little stuck. She completed the online trainings but couldn't take the quiz because the audio program on her computer doesn't recognize buttons....so I thought maybe I would sit with her and take them together but that is really cumbersome, and time consuming. She obviously doesn't drive so I have to go to her or find some way to get her here...I was in her house once and it's really uncomfortable to be there because she's got 3 cats (I'm allergic) and she is a terrible housekeeper--cat food everywhere, dirt, etc.

She's convinced she can get to shows on the bus, which is fine with me, I just need some extra help with training and such. Anyone???

Does she have a husband or adult child who could work with her on the tests? I agree that you shouldn't have to go there & sit with her if you have a cat allergy. If you are not worried about the time factor, you could have her give you her password, let you sign in from your house as her & then read the tests to her over the phone & you input her answers. :DThere are a lot of audio trainings without tests at the end too.

I bet there's someone at HO that could help her too. I'd at least call...

If she can get to shows via the bus, then she can get to your house, or a set meeting place for trainings....

Becky's got a valid point! :D

1. What is a blind consultant?

A blind consultant is a consultant for Pampered Chef who is visually impaired or blind. They are trained and knowledgeable in our products and can provide excellent customer service and product recommendations.

2. How can a blind consultant be successful in this role?

Our blind consultants are provided with accessibility tools and training to help them navigate our products and systems. They also have the support of their team and the entire Pampered Chef community to help them succeed.

3. Can a blind consultant still do cooking demonstrations?

Yes, our blind consultants are able to do cooking demonstrations just like any other consultant. They use their other senses and tools like talking kitchen scales and measuring cups to create delicious dishes.

4. Are there any special accommodations made for blind consultants?

Yes, we strive to make our workplace and events accessible for all of our consultants. This may include providing materials in braille or large print, making sure there are clear pathways for wheelchair access, and providing audio descriptions during presentations.

5. How can I support a blind consultant on my team?

There are many ways to support a blind consultant on your team. You can offer to assist with setting up events or demonstrations, provide audio descriptions during presentations, and be understanding and patient when communicating with them. You can also help advocate for accessibility within the company to ensure their success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithlove