• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Always Getting Your Binder Back: Tips from a Hostess

In summary, if you don't get your binder back from a show after giving it to the host, it's most likely because the host doesn't look at them. You can either use a throw-away version or recycle your folders.
vhadley
My director does a Folder/Binder full of stuff to give to hosts. It's the same one every single time, she just picks it up after the party and so on. If you do that too, my question is how many times do you not get your binder back? I think I will do that too, but I'm doing a decorated binder (made with my Cricut machine).

Thanks!
Vicky

I mean have you gave them your binder/folder and then they cancelled on you and never heard from them?

I don't do a lot of shows, but yes.... I rarely get mine back, even with shows I complete. Now and then the host will give it back to me. It is not likely something I would put a lot of effort onto expecting to get it back. I just use colored folders you get for back to school time.

Ask your director if she goes through it with them. I did this for about two years before I realized that no one looks at them unless you do it with them. So, consider bobbi's idea of using a throw away version.

I get the folders at school time when they are cheap and stock up :)

That's what I do. I buy two pocket folders at Staples before school starts when they do their big discount. I think you can get 10 for 1 cent each - so I just hit every Staples in the area a couple of times and I have a ton of folders for less than $1. If the host offers it back, I take it. But I don't do anything that I'm going to mss if I don't get it back.

I use clear coloured plastic project folders with clear page protectors inside. I get all of mine back from the host after the show has closed. If they cancel.. they call me and I give them a location to drop them off at my daughters work place... (she gets free child sitting from me and the boss likes my brownies...lol)

on the front of each folder is a label... 'I recycle so please return' and I have taped a business card to the front and back so they can quickly call me if they have a problem.

Each page protector has a label on it with differnet sayings pertaining to having a successful show.
on the inside of the back page I have taped a ziploc baggie and this is were the invitations are placed and I have a label...
'over invite for a successful show' & 'use this area to store orders and cash gathered before show'.

I have about 10 clear plastic page protectors per folder and have various flyers (host/guest special , MPChopper, Cool & serve etc for the host to show to her 'can't attend guest'
I have numbered my folders and write that number on my host info sheet... one did go missing for a few weeks but a quick phone call and the host mailed it to me...with an order!! I take two folders to each show for the current month ( I have back up host/guest specials to replace current ones) and if more then 2 bookings I get the host a folder to her ASAP... they understand if you run out...
I have been doing this for over 10 yrs and other then replacing the clear page protectors it has worked great.

I use a manilla envelope. I used to use folders with pockets but too many times I saw everthing right in the same places in the pockets when I came to do the show, even after I talked to them during host coaching. Using an envelope, they have to at least take the stuff out to look at it. Cheaper, too.

Sandi

I recycle mine and ask for them when the show is over. 100% of the time in 5 years I get them back when the show is held. Very rarely do I not get them back if the show didn't hold. I've had a few mail them back and a couple say they'll keep them until they reschedule (but then don't). It doesn't bother me much though.

I keep things cheap and simple...I use the mailing packets from the Post Office and put everything in that. I go to the USPS website and print off my own mailing label so that it's cheaper to mail and I get free delivery confirmation. Sometimes I put it in a folder first. But usually not. I figure those mailing folders are pretty durable and will keep the contents safe. I think it helps them to have to pull everything out of there and look through it. ;) I keep the contents simple--catalogs, show planner, 50 Guests in 5 Minutes flyer, a few OOF's, recruiting info, Host & Guest Specials, a couple minis and a handful of postcard invites. I email the host the guest list label page from CC, because I mail out invites for my hosts. I also email them the host & guest specials & OOF in case she runs out and finds it easier to just print off more instead of finding a copier.I love the idea of the binders, but find it overwhelming to create them and worry about not getting them back. You'd have to go through them and make sure everything was still there and you have to update flyers and OOF's, etc. each month. I also want to keep my business simple and duplicable and the binders might intimidate some people. But I do love them and think they are nice and hosts would be impressed with them.

I was worried that people may think it's too much for a decorated binder. Like it would be more of a problem than helpful. I have 4 kids and whenever I borrow something from my friends or family I'm constantly worried that my kids will get it dirty, spill something on it, just ruin it. So I may reconsider my cute binder!

Related to Always Getting Your Binder Back: Tips from a Hostess

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party allows you to earn free products, receive discounts on future purchases, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

How can I ensure that I always get my binder back from my guests?

One tip is to have a designated area for your guests to place their binders before they leave. You can also politely remind them to return the binder before they leave the party. Additionally, you can offer a small incentive, such as a free recipe or product sample, for returning the binder.

What should I do if a guest forgets to return their binder?

If a guest forgets to return their binder, you can reach out to them and politely remind them to return it. You can also offer to pick it up from them or have them drop it off at your convenience. If all else fails, you can always reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

Can I still earn rewards if a guest does not return their binder?

Yes, you can still earn rewards even if a guest does not return their binder. As long as the minimum number of orders and sales are met, you will still receive your hostess rewards.

What should I do with my guests' orders and payments?

As a hostess, it is your responsibility to collect all of your guests' orders and payments and submit them to your Pampered Chef consultant. Your consultant will then process the orders and handle all payment transactions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • frozenchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies