• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Does Your Hostess Packet Look Like?

stuff and I stopped at staples on my way home. When I got there I counted how many they had and they had 10 so I bought 5.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I'm trying to change the way I've been doing my hostess packets. I have in the past bought the two pocket folders with tabs down the center. Put the page protectors in the middle with the hostess specials and guest specials for that month as well as the next! Then I put in 2 catty's (for kitchen show) the planner, outside order forms and usually a recruiting brochure. The outside of my folders are always so nice too! I put fun stickers all over them with a pc sticker right in the middle on the front! They're really nice...and I put a lot of effort into them! Well...I haven't been getting a lot of them back...So i'm thinking about changing the way I do them! Any suggestions? How do you do it? I'd like to get it so that I don't care if they return it or not! What do you think?

I stock up on the Cardstock paper 2 pocket folders at the beginning of the school year. Last year, I was able to get such good deals on them (1-10 cents each) that I ended up buying enough to last me about 2 years, and for less than $10!

I put a PC Sticker in the middle of the front, and then (still using Nancys) the Show Strategy Sticker below it. My info label in the top RH corner.

On the inside left pocket I put my business card in the slot, and in the left pocket I put:

Guest List letter w/ instructions on returning
50 Guests in 5 Minutes
Show Planner
6-10 invitations for handing out

On the RH pocket, I include 2 more stickers about attendance, and outside orders, and in that pocket I put:

2 Catalogs
6 OOF (generic)
YLYW brochure
Host and Guest Special Flyer

That's it. Mine are very simple and straight forward - all the fancy stuff didn't result in better shows, or better host coaching, so I quit doing it.

i just put in a brown envelope, has catalogs, host special, and outside order forms. and depending on the host, it may have postcard invites. sometimes i do the invites for them

ChefBeckyD said:
I stock up on the Cardstock paper 2 pocket folders at the beginning of the school year. Last year, I was able to get such good deals on them (1-10 cents each) that I ended up buying enough to last me about 2 years, and for less than $10!

I put a PC Sticker in the middle of the front, and then (still using Nancys) the Show Strategy Sticker below it. My info label in the top RH corner.

On the inside left pocket I put my business card in the slot, and in the left pocket I put:

Guest List letter w/ instructions on returning
50 Guests in 5 Minutes
Show Planner
6-10 invitations for handing out

On the RH pocket, I include 2 more stickers about attendance, and outside orders, and in that pocket I put:

2 Catalogs
6 OOF (generic)
YLYW brochure
Host and Guest Special Flyer

That's it. Mine are very simple and straight forward - all the fancy stuff didn't result in better shows, or better host coaching, so I quit doing it.

That is basically mine too. I do print out and put the hostess coupon for the kit credit that you can dowload off CC. And I have recently created a hostess worksheet for outside orders and bookings. It is front and back with room for five orders and 2-3 bookings. I tell the hostess that if it is full when I get to her house she'll get an extra gift - something small like the mini-serving spatula. I also offer a small gift for sending me at least 40 names and addresses for the invitations.

And since I buy the folders at Staples when they have their one cent sale twice a year, I don't really care if I get it back or not.

Last edited:
The sale on folders that Staples has is the ones with the prongs too or just the plain ones? I'll have to check for this special! Any idea when it is??

PCCHeather0506 said:
The sale on folders that Staples has is the ones with the prongs too or just the plain ones? I'll have to check for this special! Any idea when it is??

They always have it in July or August and sometimes again in the winter. Yes, it is the ones with the prongs and the ones without. I don't add things in the center so I prefer the ones without. There is a limit of 10 per person, what I actually did was stop at all of the staples I passed one day. I was making a looping doing some other shopping and ended up passing 3! Then at the end of the week I did it again. I spent 11 cent at each store and ended up with 60 folders, which is more than enough for a year for me right now. I bought one color for kitchen shows and a different color for catalog shows and stuffed them all in one day and now just have to grab the right color and add the month info. Makes life so much easier.

Another suggestion for these aweseome sales that Staples does in July and August - not only were this type of folder on sale (which is what I needed) but the three ring flexible binders were 25 cent, limit 8, packs of erasers and stick glue were $25 cent and pencil cases were 25 cent and there were things you could get free with purchase, like packs of pencils. When I went I got the limit of whatever was on sale along with the folders I needed. I think I ended up paying about $3.00 each time I went in the store and would walk out with three packs of pencils, 8 three ring flexible binders, four glue sticks, four packs of erasers and four glue sticks. Then I donated them to a local elementary school. You can even give fundraising info when you drop them off. You are already there and you're able to help the school out a lot for less than $5. Just a thought. I don't have kids in school so that stuff was all just extra to me.

pcsharon1 said:
That is basically mine too. I do print out and put the hostess coupon for the kit credit that you can dowload off CC. And I have recently created a hostess worksheet for outside orders and bookings. It is front and back with room for five orders and 2-3 bookings. I tell the hostess that if it is full when I get to her house she'll get an extra gift - something small like the mini-serving spatula. I also offer a small gift for sending me at least 40 names and addresses for the invitations.And since I buy the folders at Staples when they have their one cent sale twice a year, I don't really care if I get it back or not.
That's what I did too - Office Max, and Office Depot had similar specials, so I just hit them all when I was by them anyway, and I think I got about 150 folders!Staples also had the clear poly two pocket folders for 5 or 10 cents each (don't remember) and I have been using those for recruiting folders. They are a little nicer than the cardstock ones, and make a nice presentation.

pcsharon1 said:
they always have it in july or august and sometimes again in the winter. Yes, it is the ones with the prongs and the ones without. I don't add things in the center so i prefer the ones without. There is a limit of 10 per person, what i actually did was stop at all of the staples i passed one day. I was making a looping doing some other shopping and ended up passing 3! Then at the end of the week i did it again. I spent 11 cent at each store and ended up with 60 folders, which is more than enough for a year for me right now. I bought one color for kitchen shows and a different color for catalog shows and stuffed them all in one day and now just have to grab the right color and add the month info. Makes life so much easier.

Another suggestion for these aweseome sales that staples does in july and august - not only were this type of folder on sale (which is what i needed) but the three ring flexible binders were 25 cent, limit 8, packs of erasers and stick glue were $25 cent and pencil cases were 25 cent and there were things you could get free with purchase, like packs of pencils. When i went i got the limit of whatever was on sale along with the folders i needed. I think i ended up paying about $3.00 each time i went in the store and would walk out with three packs of pencils, 8 three ring flexible binders, four glue sticks, four packs of erasers and four glue sticks. Then i donated them to a local elementary school. You can even give fundraising info when you drop them off. You are already there and you're able to help the school out a lot for less than $5. Just a thought. I don't have kids in school so that stuff was all just extra to me.

wow great idea sharon!! Thank you!!!!

One of my cluster mates made up host packets that are in binder like folders that we got at walmart for like $.77. We all do our own variation. I have a recruiting flyer on first page, then host benefits flyer, current month host special, current month guest special, next months host special, theme show flyer, insert with OOF, booking challenge, fundraiser flyer. Books and YLYW brochure, and wedding registry in back pocket. Front pocket has host letter, and guest list and SASE. It sounds like a lot but it looks really nice all together. Have PC sticker on cover. Also have labels that say please return packet at close of your show. Also have label that says please look over materials in packet and I will call you in a few days to discuss your show. I don't think I'll have a problem getting them back, but I've only given out my first packet thus far. For catty shows I'm still just using manilla folders and giving more books. I like doing them the way I'm doing because the only flyers that need replacing are the specials each month. Everything else can stay in packet ready for whatever month it's needed. Oh and host letters and guest lists have to be replenished.

sorry so long HTH

What is the 50 guests in 5 minutes?

I believe I got this from Chef Becky and LOVE it!

Attachments

• 50 people in 5 minutes 2.doc
    86.5 KB · Views: 651
I've always done the reusable folders with all of the flyers and such, but I haven't really noticed it doing much good either (yes, even if I talk about it with them). I'm switching to simply putting the catalogs, order forms, a show planner and some invites in an envelope. After all, the easier my job seems, the more enticing it should be, right?

I put mine in a brown folder and mail it to my hosts. I enclose:
My Intro letter
Host Special Flyer
Guest Listing (48 blanks to fill in)
50 guest in 5 Mins
SASE
Copy of the invite I will send to thier guests
Mini-Catty
4 Catalogs
4 Order Forms
YLYW

I have attached my intro letter. I mail everything to them because I am rarely without small people and don't like to meet with my Hosts while I have my kids.

Attachments

• Intro letter.doc
    44 KB · Views: 802
Mine is probably too much - but hosts who go through all of it have excellent (800+ shows!)

here's 1-5

Attachments

• 5.tale of two hostesses.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 684
  • 4.adding up an order.doc
    34 KB · Views: 705
  • 3.50peoplein5minutes (Kitchen).doc
    103.5 KB · Views: 541
  • 2.Guest List ahead.doc
    292.5 KB · Views: 702
  • 1.steps to a successful show.doc
    33 KB · Views: 872
and 6-10. Like I said before, maybe too long!

Attachments

• 6.recipe for 1K show 1 pg.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 761
  • 7.I invited Scott to hold a Pampered Chef Kitchen show for several reasons.doc
    21 KB · Views: 845
  • 8.host reward pointers.doc
    25 KB · Views: 678
  • Dear Hostess.doc
    67 KB · Views: 832
  • THANK YOU FOR YOUR PAMPERED CHEF ORDER.doc
    21 KB · Views: 1,407
scottcooks said:
Mine is probably too much - but hosts who go through all of it have excellent (800+ shows!)

here's 1-5

Scott,
I love your forms. Thanks for sharing! I have one question for you. In your first form, (I think)...tips for a successful show, it says, "Call me if you need more catalogs. Ask me about 5-15-5" What is 5-15-5???
Thanks!
Jen

Hmmm....I go pretty low-key:

Hostess Planner
40 in 40
Fill in form for me to do invites with 40 spaces
Your Life Your Way
How to use your website (letter about how to use PWS)
Recipe choices
Pack of invites

Anything more than that and I'm spending too much time.

Ok...just REDID my hostess packet now that I saw Scott's. Thank you all for sharing! I WANT A $1,000 SHOW!!!!

pcsharon1 said:
And I have recently created a hostess worksheet for outside orders and bookings. It is front and back with room for five orders and 2-3 bookings. I tell the hostess that if it is full when I get to her house she'll get an extra gift - something small like the mini-serving spatula.

Would you be willing to share what this looks like...I like this idea!!:chef:

Also, thanks Scott!! Love the forms in your packet!!:D

Here is a copy of the one I am using for April. I go ahead and type in the guest special. It is printed front and back so they only have one sheet to carry with them in a catalog. Room for five orders and three bookings. Just recently started using them so I can't tell you any results yet but anything is better than sticky notes torn in half and stuck in catalogs.

Attachments

• HostPack OOF April09-cs.doc
    104 KB · Views: 750
I sent out my first host packet exactly like Scott's a week ago. I have not done the "I'll mail the invites" before and wasnt sure how to do it. Thanks Scott! It really helped me figure things out along those lines.Tomorrow is the deadline for the host to get me the addresses. I RECEIVED THEM TODAY! Over 40 addresses!!!! She has a couple people she didnt know, so she said she would just tell them. I told her I would give her 10-15 cards, for those, "oh, I should have invited...." moments. She is so excited and so am I!!!I am sending out the postcards tomorrow! Now my question is, do you use the mini catalogs or the postcards? What do you recommend?THANKS SO MUCH SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR PACKET ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!!Host also informed me that almost EVERYONE on her list is bringing a friend!!! OMG......

Last edited:
Two responses in one!Mailing invites - I swear by this! It is a guarantee that the invites actually go out, and a really really good way to keep the host load light. Anyone who has taken me up has at least an $850 show.5-15-5 is what some stickers show.
5 orders before the show
(folks who are not available but want to buy, catalog browsers, distant relatives...think Catalog Show!)
15 buying guests at the show
(confirm with 18-20 b/c stuff does happen - they may not be available)
5 orders after the show
(start with those who had said they were coming and didn't, then distant relatives, others from before show who haven't gotten back to you yet.)Good luck! -Scott

I made this for the outside of my folder - its a spin off of the one offered thru Booster.com - they wanted 1.59 per folder? Yikes!!

I get the 8 1/2 x 10 sticky labels (Avery) and print them on there. Then I stick that to the front of my folder with the info inside.

pcsharon1 said:
Here is a copy of the one I am using for April. I go ahead and type in the guest special. It is printed front and back so they only have one sheet to carry with them in a catalog. Room for five orders and three bookings. Just recently started using them so I can't tell you any results yet but anything is better than sticky notes torn in half and stuck in catalogs.

Thanks Sharon!! This is great!!:)

scottcooks said:

here's 1-5

scottcooks said:
and 6-10. Like I said before, maybe too long!
Do you have coordinating check off lists you follow when doing your host coaching?

pcsharon1 said:

Thanks, Sharon, this is great.
And Scott, thanks so much for sharing as well. You seem very organized!

1. What materials are included in the hostess packet?

The hostess packet typically includes a catalog, order forms, invitations, and a hostess rewards program flyer.

2. Is the hostess packet customizable?

Yes, the hostess packet can be customized to fit the needs of the hostess. This can include adding personalized messages or changing the design of the materials.

3. How can I request a hostess packet?

You can request a hostess packet from your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with all the necessary materials and information to host a successful party.

4. Can I view the hostess packet online?

Yes, there is a digital version of the hostess packet available on the Pampered Chef website. You can access it through your consultant or by creating an online account.

5. Are there any additional resources included in the hostess packet?

In addition to the standard materials, the hostess packet may also include recipes, tips for hosting a successful party, and information about new products or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ksmedic
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies