• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Affordable Catalog Mailing: Tips for Sending One Catalog to Customers

In summary, mailing a catalog can be cheaper if it is sent in an envelope instead of a postal package.
pampchefrhondab
Anyone know what is the cheapest way to mail one catalog to a customer?

Oh please somebody answer this question...I need the answer too. Can we just tape the catalog closed as opposed to putting it in an envelope?

I've recieved Mary Kay Catalogs in the mail like this. Scotch tape on one side and my address right on the cover... so it can be done... only bad thing, is that it wouldn't take much for it to get caught in the Post Office Machines, and you run the risk of having it ripped to shreds! I wonder if you could put it in a plastic bag of some sort, like how the readers digest's come now-days... to keep the pages from getting caught in the mail sorters... hmmm...

It will fit in a 9x12 manilla envelope. The postage wouldn't be any more than if it was not in one.

You can always ask your post master. I usually just stuff them in a catalog envelope. The post office likes that better and they arrive in better shape.

I mailed one the other day and it cost almost $1.50. I know there is a book rate, but I'm not sure if catalogs apply. I guess I will have to ask the post ofc. I really need to get some out this week.

The envelope doesn't weigh much ... I don't think it's a big difference either way.Be sure to get a receipt for tax reasons!

mail it parcel post, or if your post office has this option you could send it stamped as Bound Printed Matter. Some post offices take weeks to send BPM stamped items out so ask first. I have a local post office that sends it out twice a day, so Bound Printed matter is the cheapest route fo me.

You could try sending it in a plastic sleeve? Maybe those weigh less than an envelope? I just think putting it in an envelope is classy. :)

I'm all out of ideas, so I hope those help.

I put it in an envelope. It costs about $1.45, though - expensive!

I think it cost me $1.58. 1st Class Gold 9X12 Envelope, 1 flyer, 1 catalog

Thanks for the input on the price of mailing a catalog. I think it used to be 81 cents but I can't remember how long ago that was. I always put it in an 9 X 12 envelope. I haven't mailed a catalog recently so this was a wake up call for me!

There are 2 issues in play affecting the price, for those who haven't mailed a catalog in a while. 1) The Fall/Winter 2007 catalog has severl more pages than previous catalogs. 2) The USPS new postage rates are now affected by size, and the base rate for a large envelope is more than a standard envelope.

Very good points, Ann. I forgot about it being bigger than in the past, etc.

It's great having you here to keep all of us straight??!!!!!!

Thanks.

Another tip, if you have a clasp on your envelope, some post offices will charge you more because they won't put them through the automatic machine. I either tape over the clasp or don't even use the clasp and tape the flap shut.

With bound printed matter, it's usually $1.88. If you only have 1 catalog though, it's cheaper to send it First Class

1. How much does it cost to send one catalog to customers?

The cost of sending one catalog to customers will vary depending on factors such as the size and weight of the catalog, mailing method, and destination. It is best to contact your local post office or a mailing service for an accurate cost estimate.

2. Can I personalize the catalog for each customer?

Yes, you can personalize the catalog by including the customer's name or adding a handwritten note. This adds a personal touch and can increase the likelihood of the customer making a purchase.

3. How can I ensure my catalog is delivered to the right customers?

To ensure your catalog is delivered to the right customers, make sure your mailing list is up-to-date and accurate. You can also use a barcode or tracking number to track the delivery of your catalogs.

4. Is it better to send catalogs by mail or email?

It ultimately depends on your target audience and their preferences. Some customers may prefer a physical catalog, while others may prefer to receive it via email. It's best to offer both options to cater to all customers.

5. Are there any tips for reducing the cost of catalog mailing?

Yes, there are a few tips for reducing the cost of catalog mailing. These include using a lightweight catalog, opting for bulk mailing discounts, and using pre-sorted mailing services. You can also consider using digital catalogs or sending catalogs to specific target segments instead of all customers to reduce costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • hcjeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • rbergwrightchef