1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

How much does it cost to mail a catalog?

Discussion in 'General Business Tips' started by rbergwrightchef, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbergwrightchef

rbergwrightchef Gold Member

Does anyone know the postage on mailing one catalog?
    and
    1 catalog in a large envelope?

How about a host packet?
    Folder, 2 catalogs, 8 outside order forms/flyers in a yellow large envelope??..

I am stuck at home with nothing to weigh my packages..
    Thanks!!!

2. tlag1986

tlag1986 Gold Member

I know the one catalog with a single piece of paper will cost $1.51. I don't know any of the others.

3. Mel92504

Mel92504 Gold Member

my last host packet was about $4 to send, but it was for a catty show with about 7 books, & it went Priority because of the size. If it's lighter I would think that first class would be fine & should be under $2.

4. niclowther

niclowther Gold Member

It's $1.50 or so to send one catalog w/ a few pieces of paper.

Anymore than one catalog and you should just send it in one of the priority envelopes- where you fit as much as you can in the envelope for around $5 (postage just went up).

Also, the priority envelopes (which you pick up at the post office or you can order them I think) are free and they look more professional then a plain envelope.

nicole

5. I send out all my catalog show host packets with a flat rate priority envelope, I print my labels online and get free Delivery confirmation. Also with priority mail you can request USPS pick-up at your home. I belive the flat rate is around $4.75 or so.

6. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Gold Member

My host packs are $5.15 now for priority.

7. Buy a postage scale--it's well worth the cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.