• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Cooking Show for Two: Is It Worth It?

not too clear on what she wanted. Sounds like she wants you to cook dinner for her and her friend. Do some more host coaching. She may not understand the whole thing. I think it is a pretty simple concept but I have had a few hosts that I had to keep telling the same things to.Thank you guys for all you responses. I am a little creeped out, can you imagine, pitchforks/etc., I'll make sure to have my cell phone on if I do it. I will host coach some more definately because it has to be worth my time and push for outside orders. On top of everything else, she wanted a "meal" and "dessert
plrodriguez73
Okay, so I had a lady who wanted to host a party, and I got her cattys, OOF, info and the sort. Well, she called me today and said that she lives in a small loft on top of a barn, has no kitchen space or oven, and she wants a cooking show. She said she would only have one guest. AARGG!! She is really, really wanting a cooking show but for only her and her guest? Is that weird or what? So, my question is: Is it worth it?

Sounds like she wants you to cater dinner for her and her friend. Don't think I'd do that one.

Um, that is weird. Has she attended another show before? I'd see if I could get her to come as a guest to another show. Maybe you could tell her that you'll do a "show" if she has $200 in outside orders in your hands before the show. And the guest? She/he has to bring a friend! Then you do the cheeseburger salad (brown the meat at home) and do the show as an interactive one! Make her help.

Do you have any contacts that would be interested in being guests for this show? I wouldn't do it unless she would allow me to invite my own guests. Or you could tell her that you can't do a cooking show unless she collects $150 prior to the show. It's a little fishy. She may not get the whole PC Cooking Show concept but who knows.

I agree if you do this do the cheeseburger salad - but I would also make sure she had more then 1 guest and at least some outside orders - Make sure when you are talking to her that she isn't taking your job lightly - some people don't take DS seriously -

More than just wanting a catered dinner, maybe she looked at the materials and figures she could get $15 more FPV for having you come demo something. At least she's honest in telling you she was only going to have one guest so you are going in (or not!) with your eyes open. If she thinks her space is a problem, suggest she think of a larger location - church hall, etc.Good luck!

I thought of something else. I've been in plenty of barns (have a lot of farmers in my family) and the only way to get to the lofts in them was via a ladder....might want to check that part too.

See if she can co-host with a friend - at the friend's house.

pamperedlinda said:
I thought of something else. I've been in plenty of barns (have a lot of farmers in my family) and the only way to get to the lofts in them was via a ladder....might want to check that part too.

See if she can co-host with a friend - at the friend's house.

LOL, I just had this vision of trying to haul my kit up a ladder!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL, I just had this vision of trying to haul my kit up a ladder!:D
LOL! Me too! It would defintely make for a great story. It would be a memorable show!

Ok, just have to say that all is a little freaky to me...Where does she NORMALLY cook and eat? Why would she buy PC stuff with no stove? What is this ONE friend there for? Are there any ropes hanging? Maybe you can say you are allergic to hay and cannot do a show there......don't ask me what other odd theories are running through my head right now...

Yeah, I agree with Janet. This all sounds a little creepy.

I grew up on a farm with a barn and I definately wouldn't want to do a show in a loft that looked like ours!!! LOL You'd be picking hay out of your stuff for days!
Also I agree that this just sounds creepy and weird, I would tell her that you would need to do it somewhere that has a stove and more than just one guest!

I wouldn't do it. I agree with everyone else that it sounds a little odd. Do some more host coaching. She may not understand the whole thing. I think it is a pretty simple concept but I have had a few hosts that I had to keep telling the same things to.

Thank you guys for all you responses. I am a little creeped out, can you imagine, pitchforks/etc., I'll make sure to have my cell phone on if I do it. I will host coach some more definately because it has to be worth my time and push for outside orders. On top of everything else, she wanted a "meal" and "dessert". Go figure!!!!! She was invited to be a guest at her friend's home but didn't make it. She just heard that they had a lot of fun during my show so she wanted her own party!! But she doesn't have a stove!!!!! How does she cook? WEIRD!!! Thank you guys!!

It sounds to me like you are being asked to cater, or she feels bad that she missed her friend's show and wants to have the guest experience. She may even think that PC is a personal chef business. Here are alternatives:
- If all she wants is the show experience, invite her to one of your shows.
- If she wants free stuff, have a catalog show
- If she wants you to cater or be a personal chef, respectfully explain that the purpose of the show is to sell products and obtain other opportunities to sell products (bookings). With only one guest, this will not happen, so unfortunately you cannot do her "show".

Good luck!

I'm not easily freaked by situations but I was just reading this and just have an awful fear about the entire situation. If it was me... I'd tell her that I would do the show at another location and I would take someone with me... DH or a friend or fellow consultant. It's just a bit strange and we do have to be careful. I can see her "loft" being a little apartment w/o a kitchen and maybe she uses a hot plate??? But I also recall my grandpa's hay loft... would NOT have lived up there! Please use caution and try and find a place that you can offer to do the show that is on your terms... sorry to be sounding weird but I'm genuinly worried for you on this one. Does anyone that you know... know her? Then you could maybe get some info... from her friend that hosted the show that she was unable to attend maybe? Would her friend let her use her home to host?

PLEASE let us all know how it turns out in the end! I am just so curious!

Thanks Diane for the sincerity. I appreciate that. Her friend, the past host, knows her and said nothing to lead me to suspect something. I am really not tooooo worried about it but I did email her because she did not answer her cell, and told her to call me asap to discuss other avenues. Those you all gave are great ideas. The party is on the 3rd. I will let you know how it went!!!

Um....how about cleanup and stuff? How um,,,CLEAN would this BARN be?

Okay, so I had my party at the BARN. The women is married and has two grown kids. Her home is the barn but with out the typical barn yard animals. They remodeled it and have a quaint one bedroom apt. in the loft area. Very clean and no HAY!! It went rather well, I was rather nervous, left my husband the directions, but in the end, there was nothing to worry about. She actually had 5 guests!! She was totally surprised as well. No one had RSVP or called her. They just decided to show up. We are at about $400 in guest sales and she has a couple of more outside orders. I was worried for nothing. IT WAS JUST A WEIRD SITUATION!! Thanks for all the advise.

plrodriguez73 said:
Okay, so I had my party at the BARN. The women is married and has two grown kids. Her home is the barn but with out the typical barn yard animals. They remodeled it and have a quaint one bedroom apt. in the loft area. Very clean and no HAY!! It went rather well, I was rather nervous, left my husband the directions, but in the end, there was nothing to worry about. She actually had 5 guests!! She was totally surprised as well. No one had RSVP or called her. They just decided to show up. We are at about $400 in guest sales and she has a couple of more outside orders. I was worried for nothing. IT WAS JUST A WEIRD SITUATION!! Thanks for all the advise.

What a great end to the situation! So glad it worked out so well! But, does she really not have a kitchen? How does she usually cook - and what is she going to do with PC products?

Glad it all turned out ok! :chef:

She has a toaster oven, a micro and a two top range thingie, almost portable. But she admits she does not cook often. She is always out of town with hubbie.

That's awesome.

Great job!!!

What a relief! Has anyone heard of the "Hassle-free show" thing where you offer for the host to do the show at your house? This situation reminded me of it. I have a large kitchen (with an island perfect for the interactive show) so I might actually consider doing it!

linojackie said:
What a relief! Has anyone heard of the "Hassle-free show" thing where you offer for the host to do the show at your house? This situation reminded me of it. I have a large kitchen (with an island perfect for the interactive show) so I might actually consider doing it!

My AD did this before she moved... pretty much all of her shows were at her own house. Very convenient for her and less trouble for the hosts. I know that I don't have people over just because I don't want to get the house "company clean"!! I would love to be able to offer these shows for my hosts but my house isn't set up for it.

I have done the "hassle-free show", using my own kitchen -- it was awesome! Not only do you know where things are, the host really like the idea of not having to clean her place. All she did was bring the ingredients. It was a great show.

I am so thankful your party concerns were for naught. Praise the Lord that
you were safe and had such a nice total.

So...does she have a kitchen at all? How did you get to the loft?

Wow! That is great! Good for you...I probably would have taken my 6'5" husband as my body guard! lol (And to carry my bags up the ladder...rofl). Glad it wasn't as bad as we all imagined...but you just never know do you??

I offer my house to everyone if they'd like. It is much easier & I have a Large kitchen,dining & living space together. So far I have had 1 taker & I loved it!

I have offered it when people say my house or appartment just isn't big enough. But I haven't had any takers they usually do caty shows instead. Which is fine because my house is never completely clean unless I get rid of my 2 kids for a few days.

Glad it worked out for you!!! It's so wonderful when it does.

That's cool!!!!! Great job!

I should also add my sister loves PC but doesn't cook!!! Strange I know.....she is always asking for a catty and goes crazy when something new comes out.

Oh how cool! Turned out great.

Related to A Cooking Show for Two: Is It Worth It?

1. Can I host a cooking show for just two people?

Yes, absolutely! Our Pampered Chef cooking shows are not limited by the number of guests. Whether you have one guest or ten, we can still provide a fun and interactive cooking experience.

2. Will it still be worth it if I only have one guest?

Yes, it will still be worth it! Our cooking shows are designed to be enjoyable for all guests, regardless of the number. Plus, having a smaller group allows for a more intimate and personalized experience.

3. My kitchen space is limited, can I still host a cooking show?

Of course! Our cooking shows can be adapted to fit any kitchen space. We can even provide alternative cooking methods if an oven is not available.

4. Is it weird to have a cooking show for just two people?

Not at all! Our cooking shows are meant to be a fun and interactive experience for any number of guests. Plus, having a smaller group can make for a more intimate and enjoyable gathering.

5. Is it still worth it if I don't have an oven?

Yes, it will still be worth it! Our Pampered Chef products and recipes are versatile and can be adapted to different cooking methods. We can provide options for stovetop or microwave cooking if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SDTeaGirl