• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Posted What on My Fb Page???

In summary, a consultant posted on another consultant's business page and promoted their own page. This is against the etiquette of social media.
NooraK
Gold Member
First off, if the person who did post on my FB page is a member here, I don't want to call anyone out, maybe you didn't realize what you were doing.

I got a notice today that there had been a wall post on my FB Page. I check it out, and I see

Dropping in from Pampered Chef with xxxxxxx.... all the best for your fall business! Love your cover photo, btw! Superb! :)

I have to admit, my jaw dropped. I was quite surprised to see that someone would post something on my business page that would potentially drive users to her business page, which is a direct competitor of my page.

I can understand that a lot of consultants post on other people's and companies' pages in an attempt to garner more fans. I know there are groups of direct sellers who cross post on each others' pages (each one being different companies), and consultants will fan local businesses that might have similar target markets as our pages. And I think that's a great idea.

But to come to my Pampered Chef FB page, and to promote your Pampered Chef FB page? I don't think that's appropriate.

Am I off base? Like I said, I don't want to call anyone out, and it could be because she didn't realize the implications. But am I expecting too much to not want other consultants to do that?

I understand your frustration but maybe they accidentally posted on your page when they thought they were some where else.

wadesgirl said:
I understand your frustration but maybe they accidentally posted on your page when they thought they were some where else.

Good point, I didn't think of that. I did respond to the comment about the cover page, then deleted the post, so that if the person has email notifications set up, they can find out where to get the cover photo, but the post won't remain on my page.

otoh, maybe she wasn't trying to take business from you. To me, it looks like one consultant giving another a friendly hello. jmho, of course.

It sounds like it was a friendly gesture of someone visiting your page. However, I think she broke the #1 (in my opinion) of etiquette, where you should never be logged in as your business page identity when you visit other PC pages. Anytime they do that and click "like" or "share" or "comment", then it appears that "xxxx with the Pampered Chef likes this" or whatever variation. This is a major pet peeve of mine. I wish people would realize how it comes across. When I have friends and customers visiting my page, I don't want them seeing only fellow consultants liking and commenting on everything, because then it just seem silly and as if the only people who like my page are fellow consultants and no one "real". I know we've talked about this many, many times, but there are new people or people who haven't read other posts, or this person might not even be here on CS, but I think your posting this is a good reminder and so the etiquette thing bears repeating. ;)But in general, I think she probably meant no ill-will and just either didn't realize she was logged in as her identity or didn't realize that doing that doing that was frowned upon. I wonder if the topic ever has come up on all the FB PC groups?

I have a sign in my kitchen: Never attribute to malice what can easily be attributed to ignorance. I understand and share your frustration. Sounds like you handled it right. If it happens again, a PM might be in order.

babywings76 said:
It sounds like it was a friendly gesture of someone visiting your page. However, I think she broke the #1 (in my opinion) of etiquette, where you should never be logged in as your business page identity when you visit other PC pages.

That's just the thing. She posted as herself, but typed and linked to her page in her comments, which she would have had to consciously do.

And I don't believe she did it with malice, but it did really surprise me that it apparently wasn't obvious to her what she was doing.

NooraK said:
That's just the thing. She posted as herself, but typed and linked to her page in her comments, which she would have had to consciously do.

And I don't believe she did it with malice, but it did really surprise me that it apparently wasn't obvious to her what she was doing.

Oh, you're right! I forgot that she wrote that out like that. It is weird.

See....this all just makes me glad I'm not on FB. LOL. I'd be one of those who doesn't know all the nuances of FB and how it works, and I'd do that- not even REALIZING it does that.

NooraK said:
She posted as herself, but typed and linked to her page in her comments...

I'm guessing so you could visit her page.

esavvymom said:
See....this all just makes me glad I'm not on FB. LOL. I'd be one of those who doesn't know all the nuances of FB and how it works, and I'd do that- not even REALIZING it does that.

Eh, I think you're not giving yourself enough credit. ;) You are smart and do great on here, I'm sure you'd pick up on the FB stuff real quick. :D

As much as I hate to say it, this has happened to me.
In fact, I had a past host of mine, get a phone call from this consultant. Because I had been talking to her about doing a party, she assumed that this person was under me and decided to do a facebook party with her. SERIOUSLY!
This person KNEW that this was NOT a contact of her's and my past host explained to her that she was talking to me about doing one! I am angry and hurt, especially since this person is a HIGH PROFILE Director, and is 5 states away from me.
I hope it was an honest mistake. I really do, and you did handle it in the right way.

ChefGwendolyn said:
As much as I hate to say it, this has happened to me.
In fact, I had a past host of mine, get a phone call from this consultant. Because I had been talking to her about doing a party, she assumed that this person was under me and decided to do a facebook party with her. SERIOUSLY!
This person KNEW that this was NOT a contact of her's and my past host explained to her that she was talking to me about doing one! I am angry and hurt, especially since this person is a HIGH PROFILE Director, and is 5 states away from me.
I hope it was an honest mistake. I really do, and you did handle it in the right way.

Oh my gosh! That is crazy! Did you find out before or after she hosted a FB show with the other girl? Did you ever say anything to the other consultant?! That is soooo horrible!

Amanda-
I found out from an invite to the facebook party. Needless to say I was shocked and hurt. I really was dumbfounded. I did private message my past host and explain to her the situation. She told me she still wanted to do a cooking party and so did a friend of her's, but the other consultant gave her some special bonuses.

I have never contacted the other consultant, and I am not sure if I will or not. But she has really pushed me to get on the phone and make sure all of my contacts know that I am there for them.

ChefGwendolyn said:
Amanda-
I found out from an invite to the facebook party. Needless to say I was shocked and hurt. I really was dumbfounded. I did private message my past host and explain to her the situation. She told me she still wanted to do a cooking party and so did a friend of her's, but the other consultant gave her some special bonuses.

I have never contacted the other consultant, and I am not sure if I will or not. But she has really pushed me to get on the phone and make sure all of my contacts know that I am there for them.

I would block that consultant and while I probably wouldn't, I'd want to report her. That is predatory behavior. She knew they were your friends and customers and offered her specials anyway. I had someone use my contacts (that I had shared with her for her other DS business before she started PC). As a result I blocked her on FB too. Some people...

1. What is "You Posted What on My Fb Page???"

"You Posted What on My Fb Page???" is a phrase often used to express surprise, shock, or confusion over a post or comment that has been made on someone's Facebook page without their knowledge or permission.

2. Can someone post on my Facebook page without my permission?

Yes, it is possible for someone to post on your Facebook page without your permission if they have access to your account or if you have enabled the option for others to post on your page.

3. How can I prevent others from posting on my Facebook page?

To prevent others from posting on your Facebook page, you can change your page's privacy settings and limit the ability for others to post on your page. You can also review and approve all posts before they are published on your page.

4. What should I do if someone posts something inappropriate on my Facebook page?

If someone posts something inappropriate on your Facebook page, you can delete the post or report it to Facebook for violating their community standards. You can also block the person from your page to prevent them from posting in the future.

5. Can I see a history of posts made on my Facebook page?

Yes, you can view a history of all posts made on your Facebook page by going to your page's activity log. This log will show you all posts, comments, and other activity on your page in chronological order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Daron
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefZee