• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

With Kids Napping...you'd Think It'd Be Quiet Around Here...

In summary, having a designated nap time is important for kids because it allows them to rest and recharge for optimal functioning, while also giving parents a break. To encourage a child to nap during the designated time, creating a consistent routine can be helpful. If a child refuses to nap, remaining calm and adjusting the routine or environment may be necessary. The length of a child's nap can vary, with younger children typically needing longer naps. During nap time, parents can use the opportunity to get things done, but should also prioritize tasks and take some downtime for themselves.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, after a long day and just carrying in a whole load of wood, the kids were whiney and tired so I sent them down for a nap.

Given a few minutes to myself I loaded both breadmakers (yes, I have 2 what can I say? One was $10, one was $2) with ingredients for pizza dough...

I think the two machines are trying to outdo each other on noise! Yikes!

Oh well, by 6 p.m. I'll have fresh dough for pizza tonight and a batch to make hot pockets for lunches. Yummo! If I have enough bread flour, I might fire up one of them again to make a batch to freeze...

You are one productive woman!

pampermejolene said:
You are one productive woman!

Not really, because I'm now sitting on my butt online when I should be cleaning my messy house!

Well, the bread machines just went to "rise" and all is quiet with the kids so maybe that is my kick in the butt to get working on the laundry and pick up my house!

Hey Janet, would you be willing to share your pizza dough recipe. My new bread maker from Christmas has only been used once :(

Sure, it's on here...hang on I'll go find it again! It's tried and true!!!!

Oh my! How blind am I? Thanks Janet, I'll have to try it next weekend. I cheated tonight after driving 3 hours each way in a snow storm for hockey, I threw in frozen wings and a store bought pizza. Not the same but all I had the energy or nerves for!!

Related to With Kids Napping...you'd Think It'd Be Quiet Around Here...

1. Why is it important for kids to have a designated nap time?

Having a designated nap time allows kids to get the rest and rejuvenation they need in order to function at their best. It also gives parents a much-needed break and time to recharge.

2. How can I encourage my child to nap during the designated time?

Creating a consistent nap routine can help encourage your child to nap during the designated time. This can include activities like reading a book or listening to calming music before nap time.

3. What should I do if my child refuses to nap during the designated time?

If your child refuses to nap, it's important to remain calm and try to figure out the reason behind their refusal. It could be that they are not tired or they are experiencing discomfort. Adjusting the nap routine or environment may also help.

4. How long should a child's nap be?

The length of a child's nap can vary depending on their age and individual needs. Generally, younger children may need longer naps while older children may only need a short power nap to recharge.

5. Can I still get things done while my child is napping?

Yes, you can use your child's nap time as an opportunity to get things done around the house or for yourself. Just be sure to prioritize tasks and allow yourself some downtime as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShorelineChef
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies