• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring High Shipping Costs for Individual and Show Orders

In summary, shipping on individual orders is much cheaper than orders on shows. This is because we ship all of the products together, making it less expensive.
California Girl
why is shipping on individual orders so much? & orders on shows?

$4.50 on shipping is really cheap. Have you tried to mail anything more than a letter recently. Shipping has gone up everywhere and we will be lucky if it does not increase this fall with the cost of oil. Just to mail my host packets are $4.75.

Show shipping, as I call it, is reduced because we ship all of the products together making it less expensive to the individual. Think about it, I live in Oregon, to send a large bar pan from Chicago to me it would cost a lot more than $4.50. By pulling all of the products together, we can ship the whole party easier and for less money.

Individual shipping is the actual cost of shipping those products without the reduced show shipping. We have to come up with a shipping schedule so we use the price of the products. It would be difficult to weigh everything first and then add the cost of shipping on top of the purchase price. So we just go by total cost. People who just buy a citrus peeler are overpaying at $6.50. But someone buying the large bar pan is probably getting a pretty good deal at $8.25 direct shipping.

Rest assured, PC does not make any money on our shipping. We also pay for returns if it is within 90 days and the host's order is free. My host usually fill up a big box with just their stuff.

Hope this helps.

California Girl said:

I just noticed your scentsy ad. I hope your previous question was a real question and not a knock on PC. While other companies may advertise "free shipping" there is nothing free. The cost of shipping is added to every piece of product sold.

California Girl said:

i just did a party for a friend from another direct seller and all show orders have 8% shipping and direct shipping is 8% + $4.00!!! our shipping is a steal!

Cookingwithlove~ This is a real question I had a question from someone that wanted to order from me but when I told her the total amount she freaked out that shipping was so much, she is one of my Scentsy customers so she is used to the 5.00 shipping if its under 50.00
While her order that she wanted, her shipping is like 9.50 !!

I did a party for another Direct sales company 2 years ago (I won't name names b/c it's rude to bash other companies). I earned almost $200 in free products...and then they charged me tax & shipping on the free products I had earned. So I opted to take a gift certificate which I then turned around & sold on Ebay. Total waste of my time and left a sour taste in my mouth.
I've done parties for 5+ other companies and none were as generous or had as reasonably priced shipping as The Pampered Chef. I love working for a company I can be SO proud of!

dannyzmom said:
I did a party for another Direct sales company 2 years ago (I won't name names b/c it's rude to bash other companies). I earned almost $200 in free products...and then they charged me tax & shipping on the free products I had earned. So I opted to take a gift certificate which I then turned around & sold on Ebay. Total waste of my time and left a sour taste in my mouth.
I've done parties for 5+ other companies and none were as generous or had as reasonably priced shipping as The Pampered Chef. I love working for a company I can be SO proud of!

See above - it is so true! With individual shipping FedEx is making a special trip out to someone's home, they need to charge for that.

And the weight of $50 worth of Scentsy products products probably won't compare to the weight of $50 in PC products, especially if stoneware is involved. If I remember w/ Scentsy (I ordered a few months ago from a friends show and had it direct shipped) you can get a large warmer and 3 bars for $45. And it all comes in a little box. The only thing that I think would compare in size would be the MFP. Everything else would be much larger and much heavier. I order stampin up stuff regularly (I am in a club) and they charge 10% for shipping, and that isn't direct shipping, that is to the host/consultant, so I think a flat $4.50 for shows and even the amount on Direct Ship is great.

lesliec said:
And the weight of $50 worth of Scentsy products products probably won't compare to the weight of $50 in PC products, especially if stoneware is involved. If I remember w/ Scentsy (I ordered a few months ago from a friends show and had it direct shipped) you can get a large warmer and 3 bars for $45. And it all comes in a little box. The only thing that I think would compare in size would be the MFP. Everything else would be much larger and much heavier. I order stampin up stuff regularly (I am in a club) and they charge 10% for shipping, and that isn't direct shipping, that is to the host/consultant, so I think a flat $4.50 for shows and even the amount on Direct Ship is great.
Exactly! Trying to compare the two is like comparing apples and onions. If you've ever tried to ship something yourself from Fed-Ex or UPS, you would know that even our direct shipping prices are good.

California Girl said:
Cookingwithlove~ This is a real question I had a question from someone that wanted to order from me but when I told her the total amount she freaked out that shipping was so much, she is one of my Scentsy customers so she is used to the 5.00 shipping if its under 50.00
While her order that she wanted, her shipping is like 9.50 !!

Encourage her to check with a couple of friends to see if they want anything. If she gets $150 in orders, she can submit it as a catalog show. If her order is a part of the $150, she pays $4.50 in shipping, if she gets $150 from her friends, she gets free shipping.

Thats what I love about our shipping if it is on a show no matter how much you spend it is 4.50. I had a lady once order $1,000 on a show and all she paid was 4.50. If she had it shipped to her house she would have paid a ton.

I recently held a $2,700 show - only $900 of it was guest orders - the rest was for my host! No shipping.....how much of a deal was that! PC rocks....always has, always will...we're the company that every other DS company would love to be!

1. Why is shipping so expensive?

Shipping costs can vary depending on a variety of factors, including the weight and size of the package, the distance it needs to travel, and the chosen shipping method. Additionally, shipping companies may also factor in fuel surcharges and other fees into their prices.

2. Why do shipping prices change frequently?

Shipping prices may change frequently due to various factors, such as fluctuations in fuel prices, changes in shipping company policies, and seasonal demand. It is always a good idea to compare prices from different shipping companies to find the best deal.

3. Why is international shipping more expensive than domestic shipping?

International shipping typically involves more complex processes and regulations, which can contribute to higher costs. Shipping internationally may also require additional fees, such as customs duties and taxes, which can further increase the overall cost.

4. Why is shipping sometimes delayed?

Shipping delays can occur for a variety of reasons, such as weather conditions, customs delays, or high demand during peak seasons. Additionally, unexpected events like natural disasters or transportation strikes can also impact shipping times.

5. Why do some items have higher shipping costs than others?

The shipping cost of an item may depend on its weight, size, and fragility. Bulkier or heavier items may require special packaging and handling, which can result in higher shipping costs. Fragile items may also require extra care and protection during shipping, which can contribute to higher costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam