• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Getting a Tax Refund This Year?

In summary, the couple received a $1300 check back but have already spent it all. They are also getting almost $5K back, thanks to having children. They are using the money to redecorate their bedroom.
DebPC
Staff member
We're getting about $1300 back but it's already spent.

We're getting almost $5K (thanks to having kids...) I think I can finally get my bathroom finished. (It's been gutted for several years). We rent from MIL but she does NOTHING with the house.

wow I would love a 5K refund mine hasnt ben that high for ever. I got enough to pay my student loan off in full I am really happy about that.

Ours is going towards redecorating our bedroom.

jennie4pc said:
wow I would love a 5K refund mine hasnt ben that high for ever. I got enough to pay my student loan off in full I am really happy about that.

Mine has NEVER been that high. I am going to enjoy it though. Too bad it's not enough to pay off our debt.....sigh....

Ours was a whopping $212 this year! Then we actually owed from last years estimates!:(

we got around $4K back. we're spending it all on a bar review course for DH, landscaping and some other misc. that's a tad too high though for us so we readjusted and now my paychecks are a tad higher.

Did anyone here get in on the Gary Coxe call?I had a show and was interested in how it wast from a Director's point of view?

not me, I owe money!! :grumpy:

Admin Greg said:
not me, I owe money!! :grumpy:

sorry to hear about that Greg. One of my friends owes alot due to them borrowing against thier 401K

Well I am now trying not to worry, but we were supposed to get ours direct deposited a few days ago and it is still not there yet.....

maybe they are a little behind since tax day was just a week ago. I know when we did our taxes we had a 5 day window of when we would get our taxes back. And also remeber the banks were closed on Sat and Sun.

Between the feds and the state, we ended up paying just about what we're going to get in our "economic stimulus" check.

Such is life.

Well I ended up only getting 1/2 of the $5K I was expecting. Some issues with DD's social security number. That is a LONG story though. Not sure if we will be able to get the rest.

Ellen I am so sorry to hear about that hope it all works out for you in the end.

jennie4pc said:
Ellen I am so sorry to hear about that hope it all works out for you in the end.

Thanks...me too. I am going to call my tax lady and see what my next step will be. Now I am wondering if it will affect my stimulus...

not me, I only owed money :(

Christ Follower said:
Thanks...me too. I am going to call my tax lady and see what my next step will be. Now I am wondering if it will affect my stimulus...

So ya it DID infact affect my stimulus. Basically they figured we only had one kid instead of two...I will have to call the IRS tomorrow.:grumpy:

How frusterating for you. I really hope you end up getting it all figured out.

So I called IRS today and was literally on the phone with them for 2 hours. Not only was the name situation with DD messed up, our tax lady punched in her SS# wrong and we didn't catch it!

So she said IF it makes it through all the check points, we should be receiving a paper check for the difference in about 4-8 weeks.

Oh ya and it was "too bad-so sad" for the stimulus payment. We just have to accept a lower amount. Oh well. The IRS lady said there's a chance that there MIGHT be a line on next year's taxes where you can claim that you were shorted money due to an adjustment, but basically don't hold my breath.

We are STILL waiting for the balance the IRS owes us. I wonder if they will pay us interest...lol...

Dont you wish:) When you owe them money they hound you and when they owe you they take thier dear sweet time.

Related to Who's Getting a Tax Refund This Year?

1. How do I know if I am eligible for a tax refund?

To determine if you are eligible for a tax refund, you will need to file your tax return and calculate your total tax liability for the year. If your total tax payments, including any taxes withheld from your paycheck, exceed your total tax liability, then you are eligible for a tax refund.

2. Will I get a larger tax refund if I have children?

Having children may increase the amount of your tax refund if you are eligible for certain tax credits, such as the Child Tax Credit or the Earned Income Tax Credit. These credits can reduce your tax liability and potentially result in a larger refund.

3. How long does it typically take to receive a tax refund?

The amount of time it takes to receive a tax refund can vary, but the average processing time is around 21 days. If you file your tax return electronically and opt for direct deposit, you may receive your refund faster than if you file a paper return and request a check.

4. Can I track the status of my tax refund?

Yes, you can track the status of your tax refund through the IRS website or by using the IRS2Go mobile app. You will need to provide your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact amount of your expected refund to access this information.

5. What should I do if I haven't received my tax refund yet?

If it has been more than 21 days since you filed your tax return and you still have not received your refund, you can check the status of your refund online or contact the IRS for assistance. It is possible that there may be an issue with your return or additional information is needed before your refund can be processed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Countrykitchenmichelle
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
lesliec