• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Is a Vendor With Davids Bridal?

In summary, Heat123 found that it is worth her time and money to become a consultant for Davids Bridal. However, she found that her first shift was slow and she needs to be persistent in order to have a successful experience.
tiffanypc05
I'm trying to find some other consultants who is a vendor with Davids Bridal...I really want to do this(I'm going to get 10 other consultants from my cluster to help). The store I'm looking at says that they are averaging 369 leads per month. I need to know if it's worth my money. I think that it will be but I want to know if other people have had some success.

Last edited:
I'm just starting with their program! I got my cluster to go in and we have 14 people since it cost $275/ month. This is going to be my 2nd weekend at their in store sale event. The first time was slower than expected. But since we get 2-4 shifts a month, eventually I expect some leads from it! Not including the monthly leads list we will be getting next month to split amongst us! I'd say the low cost will defintely pay off in the long run! 1 year commitment isn't too bad.
My 2nd shift is today and I hope I get some leads this time!
Good luck if you try it!

Ps. I see you are from S. Cal where abouts? I am from San Diego!

could someone please explain the deal you have with David's bridal? I do no know what you all are talking about. Sounds interesting though.:D

Contact DB corporate office. You sign up with your local David's Bridal store by contract. You are committed to them for 1 full year at $250-275? or higher depending on location per month. They give you or your group a list of leads every other month. Plus you can participate (if your store allows this) in their special promotions at the store it self. At our local shop they have a table set up for us at the front and we all take shifts every weekend giving out biz cards or lead slips. Just another way to get leads and get our names out there!

Hope that helps!

I did a Bridal Expo with another Consultant and we haven't gotten any leads. I have e-mailed over 100 ppl and most of them come back as unknown! When we called they were rather rude,wanting to know how we got their info from.HELLO YOU REGISTERED! So in my personal experience,it's not worth all that $$$ unless you can talk one on one with the Brides! This is not meant to discourage you by all means.Good Luck!

...heat123 I'm from Carolina not California....So you didn't have any luck the first time you went? How many leads per month did your store tell you you would get?

My group just started doing this too, and the way it was explained to me was that the store sends us leads every two weeks and my director distributes among those in the cluster who are signed up (herself and 10 others). She mentioned something about in-store promos but the impression I got was that we mainly did it to have the leads passed along. I guess I assumed that people whose info we got would have specifically been asked by store personnel about Pampered Chef. I hope they aren't just giving us random phone numbers! We haven't gotten the first batch yet so I don't know. Hopefully we can pull out if it turns out to be a waste of time and money.

I guess I would have been hesitant about doing something like this on my own, but working with the group gives me a (perhaps false) sense of security. ;)

FYI - I think only one cluster can do this per store. So if you are in a PC-saturated area with only one store it may be too late. :(

Anyway, I will keep y'all posted on how it turns out. We have high hopes. ;)

tiffanypc05 said:
heat123 I'm from Carolina not California....So you didn't have any luck the first time you went? How many leads per month did your store tell you you would get?

They didn't give us a monthly quote of leads. They gave us last years statistics of 5600 bridal registries at that one location compared to it's sister store at 2600 total. So we opted for the busier store location.

So we have yet to see our list, they give it to us every other month. Depending on store, house rules etc. you can participate in their in store sales events. Our store was very hospitable and said we could be there every weekend and not just on sale events Fri-Mon!

From my understanding we get random registry leads, nothing to specific about TPC. So that will be interesting making those cold calls.

My 1st shift was very slow. But today was much busier and I handed out almost a dozen of my info. packs so much better today! I will have 3-4 shifts per month. So I figured it's like an annual bridal fair for only $20 A month for our group! Not bad!

Good luck!

big question...okay...when you give the store the fliers to go in the bags for the brides...whose name goes on the fliyer? My thing is if bride A gets Susie Johnson's name and I call her isn't it going to be weird for the bride....How are you all doing this....?

We have 1 flier with our "lead coordinators" info on it. She will pass out each of our info as she goes down the list of our 14 people. At this store location they do not offer info baggies. So we have created our own flier which we have near the front counter with their other vendors (only 3 total vendors). And when we do our shifts we hand out either our biz cards, fliers, or some of us put together info packs with our cards in them, reg. info, etc. No one is really interested in filling out "lead slips" at all so we pass out what we can as they pass by!

Hope that helps!

David's BridalI just received my first set of leads today. 272 for 2 weeks so I'm really excited. Does anyone have a specific email that they send or a script that they use when making calls?

Thanks so much.

OMG! Do you do this program alone or something? That's a lot of leads for 2 weeks! I can only hope we get that nany / 14 people in our group!

When we do get our list our next step is to create a script I think.

Does anyone have an email or script that they use to follow up with the leads from David's Bridal? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

i just send this out one of these as an email i like to keep the initail contact short and sweet

Attachments

• What are Registry Rewards.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 454
  • bridal regisrty post.pub
    75 KB · Views: 413
could you resend your email letter?
pamperedchef2 said:
i just send this out one of these as an email i like to keep the initail contact short and sweet

Hi,
I cannot open a Publisher file, could you possibly cut and paste it to a reply thread to be able to view it?

Thanks!

Our group just got our list of leads for 1/2 a month and I haven't the slightest clue as what to do next? Send a letter first than call them or what?:confused: Still kinda new to the vendor thing. Thanks!

Things you may needMichael, The man I have been in contact with from David's Bridal told me this is what he would put in the baggies:

-wedding registry sheet(off supply order)
-letter to inform the bride that they are going to be getting a call from a pampered chef consultant...where the bride just gets a call from out of nowhere.

Also someone posted above that there store didn't have baggies that they sent out...the man i'm in contact with said that every store is supposed to have them and if they don't there's something wrong.

We are 3 sharing the leads (guessed at 600 leads a month). We get commitments by the month (10% 0f my 1/3 list, equals 20 leads to that person. We are letting them tell us by month if they want to buy in.

I made calls tonight (to about 12) and offered to register them for them over the phone, and was able to sign 2 brides. If I can do that every time I make my calls, business should pick up?

its_me_susan said:
We are 3 sharing the leads (guessed at 600 leads a month). We get commitments by the month (10% 0f my 1/3 list, equals 20 leads to that person. We are letting them tell us by month if they want to buy in.

I made calls tonight (to about 12) and offered to register them for them over the phone, and was able to sign 2 brides. If I can do that every time I make my calls, business should pick up?

I got 8 bride's pc REGISTRIES created *TODAY* and SIX yesterday in less than 4 hours of cold calling the list! I think it is all in the list! And, offering to create the registry for them, just needing a little bit of info (fiance's name, a password, and email if they have one).

We are NOT planning to go to the store at all during sales (the manager told us that it is too hectic during sales, the brides just want to do their thing and get out), that most of their vendors just go with the list! Also, if we decided to put a table out there with drawing slips or approach brides, then we'd need to cross-check them with our list of registered leads (adding to the overwhelming amount of work it is to coordinate this - dividing randomly with 2 others, then selling percentages to our cluster). I want to make sure the lead someone pays for is not already approached in the store (does that make sense?).

We will go in and explain PC to the staff, show them products, explain hostess rewards and feed them yummy foods. Get them excited (offer food incentives to the group) for leads ~ and hopefully when THEY understand what we are, it will give them something to discuss with the brides while they are changing.

We are planning to share ALL leads among ourselves and with those who buy-in by month. Just hoping to recoop the expense of the contract.

I see this being VERY worthwhile!
:)

That is AWESOME!All of the DB in my area already have PC consultants signed up. I even tried the ones in surrounding states and they are all taken too! You are really lucky to be able to have such a great opportunity!

heat123 said:
I'm just starting with their program! I got my cluster to go in and we have 14 people since it cost $275/ month. This is going to be my 2nd weekend at their in store sale event. The first time was slower than expected. But since we get 2-4 shifts a month, eventually I expect some leads from it! Not including the monthly leads list we will be getting next month to split amongst us! I'd say the low cost will defintely pay off in the long run! 1 year commitment isn't too bad.
My 2nd shift is today and I hope I get some leads this time!
Good luck if you try it!

Hi I'm thinking of doing this, too Could you please tell me how it works? Do you have to physically go into the store or do then send leads via e-mails? Thanks!

"I got 8 bride's pc REGISTRIES created *TODAY* and SIX yesterday in less than 4 hours of cold calling the list! I think it is all in the list! And, offering to create the registry for them, just needing a little bit of info (fiance's name, a password, and email if they have one). "

Susan-
Can you share what you say on the phone!? 8 in one day is awesome! I have yet to call my list of leads. I have 18 people to contact! I am terrible at CC calls or any phone business! Help!

thanks!

tiffanypc05 said:
I'm trying to find some other consultants who is a vendor with Davids Bridal...I really want to do this(I'm going to get 10 other consultants from my cluster to help). The store I'm looking at says that they are averaging 369 leads per month. My director says that's the most they've probably ever had. So its kind of got me down and I want to know if anyone else does this. I need to know if it's worth my money. I think that it will be but I want to know if other people have had some success.

I wanted to share "my words" ~ I created TWENTY registries this weekend!!!

Hi I’m _________, I’m with the Pampered Chef. I’m calling you because you registered with David’s Bridal &I’m one of their licensed vendors. Have you ever heard of Pampered Chef?

I’d like to invite you to register with the PC’s NEW Bridal Registry. I have most of the information I need, just a little more information, I can set up your no-obligation bridal registry. It won't cost you anything and you can earn x, y, & y. PC will send you a catalog or you can browse and register online.

When guests purchase gifts for you, you & your fiancé can earn up to $200 in free gifts, half priced items and more! How does that sound?

All I need is:
· Fiance’s name,
· his address/phone
· an email address (if none, offer to use yours)
· a Password ~ can you think of a password that you won’t forget? You can change it at any time.

*If they have agreed to do it ~ I say
Go ahead and check out the website now. Be sure to look at our new Executive cookware. It is 30% stronger than anything out there including calaphon and analon, and life time guaranteed.

If there’s anything you’d like to see in person, give me a call or shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to make that happen.

*I’d also love to work with your family or bridesmaids to throw you a wedding shower!
*Be sure to record the email they give you, in case they forget!

My other tip: I only called in the afternoon and from 7-8:15pm. I don't like to call later than that (I know I am not receptive to strangers after 8pm)

Thank you sooo much for sharing Susan! I will try your script and see if I have as much success as you!

Were any of the brides rude (like why the heck are you conatacting me) even after you explained you were a vendor with DB? I have the phone fear and would hate to get of negative responses!

Thanks again!

If you are having trouble with the brides filling out a form, I have an idea. How about you get a box and do some sort of a monthly drawing. You and your "cluster-mates" chip in $5 each and go in on the prize. By doing this, you may get tons of leads by having everyone fill out an entry slip. I know that i'm a sucker for entry forms. :)

It's just a thought, hehe. :)

Sue Thanks for the Words
its_me_susan said:

Hi I’m _________, I’m with the Pampered Chef. I’m calling you because you registered with David’s Bridal &I’m one of their licensed vendors. Have you ever heard of Pampered Chef?

I’d like to invite you to register with the PC’s NEW Bridal Registry. I have most of the information I need, just a little more information, I can set up your no-obligation bridal registry. It won't cost you anything and you can earn x, y, & y. PC will send you a catalog or you can browse and register online...

Sue thanks so much for the words. I have a list from a bridal expo and I plan to use a variation of this on my calls tonight.

its_me_susan said:

I’d like to invite you to register with the PC’s NEW Bridal Registry. I have most of the information I need, just a little more information, I can set up your no-obligation bridal registry. It won't cost you anything and you can earn x, y, & y. PC will send you a catalog or you can browse and register online.

When guests purchase gifts for you, you & your fiancé can earn up to $200 in free gifts, half priced items and more! How does that sound?

All I need is:
· Fiance’s name,
· his address/phone
· a Password ~ can you think of a password that you won’t forget? You can change it at any time.

Go ahead and check out the website now. Be sure to look at our new Executive cookware. It is 30% stronger than anything out there including calaphon and analon, and life time guaranteed.

If there’s anything you’d like to see in person, give me a call or shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to make that happen.

*I’d also love to work with your family or bridesmaids to throw you a wedding shower!

My other tip: I only called in the afternoon and from 7-8:15pm. I don't like to call later than that (I know I am not receptive to strangers after 8pm)
Thanks, Susan for the script. I just signed with DB in Orlando and received my first email listing. There are 530 leads!!!! I appreciate the information.

Carol Stair

ladylefty said:
Thanks, Susan for the script. I just signed with DB in Orlando and received my first email listing. There are 530 leads!!!! I appreciate the information.

Carol Stair

WOW- that is a huge list! :eek: Is that one months worth? Are you doing it by yourself? So far in our 4weeks we have had 387 leads!

Good luck with that! Tell us your success rate if you can!:)

9 of us are sharing a DB in South Austin. We've only been at it about a month, but things are going well. I have been mailing an intro letter to all leads (I have about 20 or so for a 2 week period), and then I follow up within 2-4 days with a phone call. I'll post that letter for anyone who is interested.

Someone else on my team came up with this idea for those whose weddings are too close (already mailed invites, etc.): Contact them by letter and tell them that you know they must be busy and excited right now, etc. but let them know you will contact them after the wedding to fill in any gaps in her kitchen needs or to maybe have an open house for their newly established home. My director also suggested offerring a Picture Party: just invite everyone over to eat and look at all of those great wedding and honeymoon pictures. Just some ideas...

Attachments

• Final Draft Bridal.pub
    416 KB · Views: 389
heat123 said:
WOW- that is a huge list! :eek: Is that one months worth? Are you doing it by yourself? So far in our 4weeks we have had 387 leads!

Good luck with that! Tell us your success rate if you can!:)

I will.. I do need some letter ideas if anyone has any.. I am not very good at writing. Yes, I am doing it myself. The list I got seems to be from 3/28-4/7. My own daughter is getting married in 32 days (Mother's Day). So I have a lot of work ahead of me. I am not working thou except PC, so I should have time to work it before the next list comes out.

Carol Stair
Independent Consultant
Orlando, Fl
[email protected]

There is still a store avail in Montgomery, AL - don't know if that is too far for you to work with but I am trying to find some other reps to join me...thanks.

Amanda Graves

Holy Cow- only 10 days and 530 leads! Your area or city must be HUGE!??!! I thought San Diego would be busy with bridal registries but that's nothing compared to your list! I can't imagine what the list will be for 1 full month!?

Good Luck to your list!

avyd reader said:
9 of us are sharing a DB in South Austin. We've only been at it about a month, but things are going well. I have been mailing an intro letter to all leads (I have about 20 or so for a 2 week period), and then I follow up within 2-4 days with a phone call. I'll post that letter for anyone who is interested.

Can you cut and paste your letter to share, I cannot view Publisher docs. only Word or PDF docs.

Thank you!

avyd reader said:

Someone else on my team came up with this idea for those whose weddings are too close (already mailed invites, etc.): Contact them by letter and tell them that you know they must be busy and excited right now, etc. but let them know you will contact them after the wedding to fill in any gaps in her kitchen needs or to maybe have an open house for their newly established home. My director also suggested offerring a Picture Party: just invite everyone over to eat and look at all of those great wedding and honeymoon pictures. Just some ideas...

Can't seem to open your letter..... can you save it in word? or just copy the words here for us to see please?

Can anyone please open the Publisher file the (intro bridal letter) and copy and paste it to this thread? I cannot open these type of files and wanted to see the letter!

Thank you!

I does not want to be opened!:mad: I've tried EVERYTHING! :rolleyes:

The problem is with Publisher. You can't open it if you have a different version than the one that the document is created in. I find it almost useless in forums like this and, as you all have stated, very frustrating.

PDF version of letterHere you are.. PDF form! :D It should work..

Attachments

• Final Draft Bridal[1].pdf
    147.9 KB · Views: 425
Thank you
Amanda for posting this! Nice Letter Avyd Reader! Thanks for sharing!

So Sorry!Thanks so much Amanda for converting that letter for me! I am so sorry it took so long to get back to all of you -- I've been away from my office. :eek: I was not ignoring y'all. I hope it helps.

Thanks for the beautiful letter

Carol Stair
Independent Consultant
Orlando, Fl
[email protected]

pchefinski said:
Here you are.. PDF form! :D It should work..
Can you redo this in word, so it can be edited? Thanks

its_me_susan said:

All I need is:
· Fiance’s name,
· his address/phone

Thank you so much for your script! I copied and sent it to our cluster. We all were at a loss for what to say. I just did my share of leads and got 1 registry. My other problem right now is that 5 of my leads have no phone number and two are wrong numbers :( However I am not complaining! I am very thankfull for the opportunity and for your generosity in sharing your script!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJami83
  • mandak
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KARYN