• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Is Best Time to Move Big Cookie?

In summary, when you make this recipe at a show, do you transfer it right away while warm and pliable? The recipe says to let it cool completely before frosting, but I was going to use it tomorrow, so I let it cool alot, and tried to lift it (using the lifters) but it is breaking! Thank goodness it's not a show!
its_me_susan
I baked a roll of sugar cookie dough on my stone. Admittedly I think it may be a touch overcooked (though the crumbs I tasted are perfect)... The recipe says to let it cool completely before frosting. I was going to use it tomorrow, so I let it cool alot, and tried to lift it (using the lifters) but it is breaking! *gasp* Thank goodness it's not a show!

When you prepare this at a show, do you transfer it right away while warm and pliable? I thought I would be able to let it cool, wrap it and frost tomorrow.

I'd love it if you'd all please share your experiences with me. Thanks!
Susan :)

ooops posted in wrong thread

Susan,

Hi! I have always just loosened the bottom of my cookie and then frosted or whatever and then cut and served my cookie straight from the stone. I have always used choc. chip cookie dough. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Maybe just loosen the cookie and then let it cool completely and slide off instead of lifting off would work better. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Christy M.

reading this post made me think of something that happened to me. i was at my 2nd show and making the bannana toffee pizza. my hostess bought the off brand type of cookie dough and it ran off the stone and burned into her stove. i havent had this happen to me. does the off brand really make that big of a difference? it was awful...the whole house smelled like a burnt cookie. i think that affected the bookings also...lol...cant blame them really. but i was just wondering about the different type of cookie doughs.

I have read on this site, and other PC sites as well, that name brand vs. off brand really does make a big difference when it comes to certain recipes. (i.e. recipes using cookie dough, crescent rolls, and biscuits, to name a few) For that reason, I always recommend to the host to purchase name brand. The few extra cents is more than worth it!

thats what i was thinking. well she definately found out the hard way. lucky for me it was my husbands cousin and she wasnt freiked out by the mess. i havent made that pizza since..lol...but now i know to use the brand name. thanks for the info!!!

Off brand vs. name brandI've never had any problems using store brand crescent rolls, but I don't know about cookie dough.

I have loosened the cookie with the Serrated Bread Knife before trying to move it. You might want to try this next time before using your lifters to move the cookie. The Bread knife is so long that it will fit under the whole cookie on the Lg. Round Stone.

Also, here's a quick tip...the new Saran stretchy covers...one of them, I think the large round one, will fit over the entire Lg. Round Stone, since you mentioned storing or covering the cookie to frost later. My director shared this with me, and it's great, especially if you pre-bake something to take to a show with you.

Moving CookieOne trick that I have used to loosen the big cookie is plain dental floss. As the cookie cools, take a piece of floss and slide it under the cookie, with a rocking motion. So far, all of my cookies have been successes. I always assemble and serve straight from the stone - gives me a chance to talk it up and show off the Round Woven Tray!
Debbie

Does the cookie crumble when you cut it? Do you use the pizza cutter or a big knife?

dwilbanks said:
One trick that I have used to loosen the big cookie is plain dental floss. As the cookie cools, take a piece of floss and slide it under the cookie, with a rocking motion. So far, all of my cookies have been successes. I always assemble and serve straight from the stone - gives me a chance to talk it up and show off the Round Woven Tray!
Debbie

I love the dental floss idea!!!

dwilbanks said:
One trick that I have used to loosen the big cookie is plain dental floss. As the cookie cools, take a piece of floss and slide it under the cookie, with a rocking motion. So far, all of my cookies have been successes. I always assemble and serve straight from the stone - gives me a chance to talk it up and show off the Round Woven Tray!
Debbie
That's a great idea but I always use the bread knife to loosen the cookie - it works great and shows another tool!

1. When is the best time to move a big cookie?

The best time to move a big cookie is when it is still slightly warm, but not too hot to handle. This will ensure that the cookie holds its shape and doesn't break apart while being moved.

2. How long should I wait before moving a big cookie?

It is recommended to wait at least 5-10 minutes before attempting to move a big cookie. This will give the cookie enough time to set and cool down slightly, making it easier to handle without breaking.

3. Can I move a big cookie while it is still on the baking sheet?

Yes, you can move a big cookie while it is still on the baking sheet. However, be sure to use a large spatula or oven mitts to prevent burning yourself.

4. Should I move a big cookie right after taking it out of the oven?

No, it is not recommended to move a big cookie right after taking it out of the oven. The cookie will be extremely hot and fragile, and moving it may cause it to break apart or lose its shape.

5. Is it better to move a big cookie while it is still soft or after it has cooled down?

It is better to move a big cookie while it is still soft and slightly warm. This will ensure that the cookie stays intact and doesn't crumble or break apart while being moved. If the cookie has cooled down too much, it may be more difficult to move without it breaking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa/ChefBear