• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Everyone Making for May?

chocolate pudding mix, one container of whipped topping, and cookie crumbs. Mix well. Pour batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan. Freeze for at least 2 hours.Unwrap frozen ice cream sandwiches and assemble as directed on wrapper. Sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sprinkles. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften.I'm making the Colossal Chopped Salad to promote good eating on a budget. I may add in some fresh herbs to show off the Herb Keeper. I do need to figure out how to get the Chillzanne pieces in, though.You can also make it with lettuce to show off the salad spinner and pink plastic knife.I'm not
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have two shows next week with repeat (x10) crowds and they've either had every recipe I've made in the last 2 years at their show or at a show they went to that I did. I'm looking to see what everyone else is making so maybe I can get a new idea for this group.

Thanks all! :)

I'm making more trifles. They're a big hit, beautifully impressive to serve, and really easy to make.

Strawberry trifle at one... Salad of some sort at another...need to pick out the recipe still...but it is a wanna be "healthy" group.

the strawberry spinach salad is awesome and would be pretty in the trifle bowl

I'm doing 7 layer Southwestern Salad, and Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue w/ Strawberries(to show off the Rectangle Chillzanne Server) EVERYTHING I make in May will be to encourage June & July bookings!

sorry pualette .. but that just doesnt sound good LOL .. strawberries with spinach? LOL

abrahamlaur said:
sorry pualette .. but that just doesnt sound good LOL .. strawberries with spinach? LOL

Wow! you need to try it - it is absolutely fantastic!
It is one of the best summer salads you can make! Even DH loves it.

I agree, Laurie. It doesn't sound good at all. However, the combination is really good. I was surprised.

raebates said:
I agree, Laurie. It doesn't sound good at all. However, the combination is really good. I was surprised.
I love fresh strawberries in salad....very good!

I LOVE spinach and strawberry salad. It is probably one of my favorite salads to eat. Yummy!

I'm thinking of doing salads to promote HWC, eating healthy, etc. That would definitely lead to July bookings with the Salad Spinner. Now how to incorporate Chillzanne for June.....Hmm.....

I get the same response from my hosts (strawberries and spinach together??!!) It usually takes a little convincing on my part, I tell them to "trust me". Every one of my hosts are completely amazed at how delicious it is, the guests rave about it! It is the ONLY salad my husband and children will eat! Definitely a fantastic show recipe, I like to combine it with the Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe from an older S/B.

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! you need to try it - it is absolutely fantastic!
It is one of the best summer salads you can make! Even DH loves it.

this is one of my favorites too! everytime I bring it to a function I end up e-mailing everyone the recipe.
I am not a fan of mixing fruits and veggies in the same dish (ya know I'm one of those who doesn't like my food to touch :eek: ) but this is just so so good!

Okay, I've never heard of the Strawberry Spinach Salad (WHERE have I been?!?!). Which recipe book is it in and will it fit in the trifle bowl or will it need to be halved or doubled? Since this seems to be the majority of what's being offered besides trifles I might just try it...

Jerk Chicken SaladI've been making the Jerk Chicken Salad (with pasta) at my April shows. It's a huge hit and everyone loves it! Plus it shows tons of products! It also makes a huge serving.

You can also make it with lettuce to show off the salad spinner and pink plastic knife.

I don't know about everywhere else, but in Ohio many of the popular restaurants serve this type of salad (spinach and strawberries). I thought it was weird too. Especially when you add in onion. But it is the best salad ever. Bob Evans restaurant usually has this salad in the summer.

Bob Evans is an Ohio based restaurant chain. They also have sausage products in the grocery stores. They are the best!!

I'm making the Colossal Chopped Salad to promote good eating on a budget. I may add in some fresh herbs to show off the Herb Keeper. I do need to figure out how to get the Chillzanne pieces in, though.

I posted this somewhere else on chefsuccess.com, but here's an idea about the Chillzanne Rectangular server...

My director said to increase interest in the June Host Special for the Chillzanne Rectangular server, make the Spring/Summer 2006 Ice Cream Sandwich Torte recipe on the freezable 13" by 9" tray. I thought that was a great idea.

Here's the recipe.

The Pampered Chef ® Ice Cream Sandwich Torte Recipe

1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
12 frozen rectangle ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each), unwrapped, divided
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles

Coarsely chop cookies using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using Stainless Whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies using Classic Scraper; set filling aside.

Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on Chillzanne Rectangular server tray (have the tray in the freezer before doing the recipe). Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using Small Spreader. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If freezing torte overnight, remove from freezer 30-45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

Shopping List
10 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed (you can use low to no fat whipped topping)
12 frozen ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each) (you can use Weigh Watchers ice cream sandwiches)
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels or multi-colored sprinkles

Or do some Fruit Kebabs and use the Chillzanne server to put them in so they stay cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the strawberry spinach salad is in the old salad cards.

Oops! I'm wrong. It's in Casual Cooking.

Last edited:
I love fruit: strawberries, blueberried, apples, pears etc, in salads. I guess living in California and having year round fresh produce makes this possible. A lot of higher end restaurants serve these types of salads here.

I love this salad when I've ordered it out at a restaraunt and I've seen this recipe recently but can't put my fingers on it. Found the file in here but would love to tell guests where it came from. This might be just what I needed to find for my upcoming bridal shower show. For make ahead, I guess I could put the dressing together and then demo the spinach in the new Salad spinner and finish off the strawberries and then layer it in the Trifle? Has anyone layered this in the trifle for a show yet? I bet it will be pretty!

Could someone post the spinach and strawberry salad recipe? I'd love to use it.

The Ice Cream Sandwich Torte is fabulous! I even made one for an impromptu, inexpensive wedding cake. Huge hit! It's one of those recipes that make you look really impressive with very little work or expense. (I buy all of the ingedients at a discount grocery and it costs less than $5--sometimes less than $3.)

Not sure if this is the same one or not. I think it might be an older PC recipe:

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Dressing
1 lemon
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp poppy seeds

Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 oz. (1 ½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ med. Cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure ½ zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350¡ F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.

Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook’s Corer; cut strawberries into quarters.

Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half/ Slice onion into thin wedges.

Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using 3-Way Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

cmdtrgd said:
I'm making the Colossal Chopped Salad to promote good eating on a budget. I may add in some fresh herbs to show off the Herb Keeper. I do need to figure out how to get the Chillzanne pieces in, though.
I made this a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit. I marinated chicken breasts in the jerk seasoning all afternoon and cooked them in the oven in the stoneware rectangular baker. If was delicious!

Last edited:
One show I am making the Aloha Pizza and my wedding shower the bride has not told me yet.

Strawberry Spinach SaladWhen you do this recipe at a show, is this all you serve? I love this recipe too but have never done it at a show because I thought it seemed funny to serve salad by itself.

Yes, the salad is all I serve. If the host wants to have other food, that is great. But I am not there to cater her party. I am there to give everyone a taste of my recipe.

For the ice cream torte... do you cut it right on the chillzaine server? I thought about making this but was worried I would cut up the gel insert. Or is it soft enough to use the pink nylon knife to cut through?

Use the Nylon Knife or the Nylon Slice N Serve.

raebates said:
Use the Nylon Knife or the Nylon Slice N Serve.

I have been wow-ing my shows with the "Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte" found in the Use & care of the Torte pan set. It is super quick too (I have the host have the batter waiting for me and the oven hot - put it in 15 minutes before guests arrive... start the show when the cake comes out of the oven (they can't help but notice, and if they don't I get their attention so they can see how EASILY it comes out of the pans). Mix the inside/frosting while I do my shpeel and serve - - yum!!!

If you want pink, you can color the filling/frosting pink. Otherwise, have the raspberries represent pink.

The Strawberry Spinach Salad is wonderful. My first thought was that they had ruined strawberries...LOL But, I really think the dressing is what makes it such a hit. I always get rave reviews when I make it at gatherings. I am planning to make it at my show on Thursday.

Pink / Chocolate TrifleI just got this, along with the picture from another group I'm on, but I'm adding/changing and making these at my shows for rest of month.....

Pink/Chocolate Trifle

(this makes enough for 2 bowls)

1 pkg. devils food cake mix
3 small boxes instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding
4½ Cups milk
Lg. container Whipped Cream
½ bag of Heath Toffee bits

Bake cake in large bar pan. Cut into 2"x1" squares when cool. Mix milk with instant pudding.
Make 2 layers of each ingredient. Start with cake in bottom, spread pudding over cake, then whipped cream over pudding, sprinkle Heath bits, repeat.

Chill overnight

For Valentines Day or with Help Whip Cancer, I used white chocolate pudding mix and added red food coloring for a nice pink tint. Then I made the *chocolate heart garnishes for the top...it looks and tastes AMAZING!

*chocolate heart garnish: melt semi sweet chocolate chips in a Ziploc freezer bag in the microwave. Cut small corner in bag, pipe chocolate into heart shapes on a piece of wax or parchment paper, let cool until hardened. Stand up in top layer of dessert...WOW!

*Pink garnish for Help Whip Cancer: use white chocolate chips (1/3 cup maybe?), melt first then add ONE drop of red food coloring. Follow instructions for chocolate hearts above.

Also, since this makes enough for 2 bowls (in the Trifle bowl), I usually freeze half the cake and save it for my next show, then just half the other ingredients.

This has a great WOW factor, and really isn't that expensive.

Enjoy,
Lisa

Attachments

• HWC Trifle.JPG
    HWC Trifle.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 720
That looks great Lisa.

That does look great! I love the little ribbons on top :)

1. What are some popular recipes for May?

Some popular recipes for May include grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, strawberry spinach salad, lemon garlic shrimp, and grilled pineapple with honey lime glaze.

2. What are some recipes that are perfect for a repeat crowd?

For a repeat crowd, recipes like chicken Alfredo pasta bake, loaded baked potato salad, and slow cooker pulled pork are always a hit.

3. Can you recommend some vegetarian options for May?

Vegetarian options for May can include grilled portobello mushroom burgers, quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, and roasted vegetable and goat cheese flatbread.

4. Are there any recipes that are great for a group setting?

For a group setting, recipes like taco bar with all the fixings, build-your-own pizza party, and make-your-own sushi rolls are fun and interactive options.

5. What are some easy and quick recipes for busy weeknights in May?

Some easy and quick recipes for busy weeknights in May include one-pan lemon chicken and asparagus, shrimp and vegetable stir-fry, and 15-minute honey garlic salmon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • kcjodih