• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Platter Accident: Should I Reach Out to HO?

In summary, the speaker had their Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent displayed at a local craft show and a customer accidentally broke it. The platter is out of warranty and the speaker is unsure if Pampered Chef would do anything for them. They are considering calling HO or just letting it go. Others have had similar experiences and HO will not be able to replace the platter. Some suggestions for replacing it include using the 20% discount or putting it on a host's order. It is also noted that bringing breakables to events can result in accidents and it is unclear if the "break it you buy it" tactic is used.
jenne
I had my Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent displayed at a local craft show. While it was there, a customer bumped it off the table and it broke. It is out of warranty (not that this would be a warranty issue anyway) but do you think PC would do anything for me since a customer broke it? I don't want to be out the thing, but didn't feel right asking the customer to pay for it either. I was sooo bummed!! I love that platter!! Let me know what you think...if I should spend the time to call HO, or just let it go. :-(

I wonder if this could fall under Demonstators insurance?

What did the customer say who broke it when it happened?

I don't know if I would bother claiming it under insurance, you can order it w/ our 20% discount and just write it off.

Better yet, put it on a host's order using the Guest Special number on a show this month.

I don't have the $$ to outright replace it...it's not a cheap piece, and I can live without it if I absolutely have to...just was wondering if there were any way it would be replaced for me. Curious if anyone else had this happen, and what they did about it...

From what I've read on here, with other people's experiences of customers bumping things at fairs and the products breaking, HO will not be able to do anything for you.

Worth a try, but just letting you know what I've found through other's experiences here. GL! Sorry about your platter :(

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that! Its certainly worth the call. Or maybe you canfine one on here for sale.

jenne said:
I don't have the $$ to outright replace it...it's not a cheap piece, and I can live without it if I absolutely have to...just was wondering if there were any way it would be replaced for me. Curious if anyone else had this happen, and what they did about it...

Put it on your Christmas list! :)

I'm sorry this happened to you...it does happen though when we bring breakables to events. I would be interested to know others protocol is when a customer does this as well, do you adhere to the "break it you buy it" tactic?

No, HO will not replace it for you. It is not covered under the liability insurance.

1. Should I contact HO (Home Office) if I have a Pampered Chef platter accident?

Yes, it is recommended that you reach out to the Home Office if you experience any issues with a Pampered Chef platter. They can provide assistance and help resolve the situation.

2. What type of accidents are covered by Pampered Chef's warranty?

Pampered Chef's warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship, but it does not cover accidents or damage caused by misuse or improper care.

3. How do I contact Pampered Chef's Home Office?

You can contact the Home Office by calling their customer service hotline or by filling out a contact form on their website. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

4. Will I need to provide proof of purchase for a platter accident claim?

Yes, you will likely need to provide proof of purchase in order to make a claim for a platter accident. This can include a receipt, order confirmation, or other documentation.

5. Can I get a replacement or refund for a damaged platter?

If the platter was defective or damaged due to a manufacturing error, you may be eligible for a replacement or refund. However, if the damage was caused by accident or improper use, Pampered Chef's warranty does not cover this. You can reach out to the Home Office for assistance in this situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LilChefBeth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
Replies
Views
Frugalli
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies