1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What should I do?

1. jenne

jenne Member

I had my Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent displayed at a local craft show. While it was there, a customer bumped it off the table and it broke. It is out of warranty (not that this would be a warranty issue anyway) but do you think PC would do anything for me since a customer broke it? I don't want to be out the thing, but didn't feel right asking the customer to pay for it either. I was sooo bummed!! I love that platter!! Let me know what you think...if I should spend the time to call HO, or just let it go. :-(

Nov 12, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I wonder if this could fall under Demonstators insurance?

Nov 12, 2009
  3. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

What did the customer say who broke it when it happened?

I don't know if I would bother claiming it under insurance, you can order it w/ our 20% discount and just write it off.

Nov 12, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Better yet, put it on a host's order using the Guest Special number on a show this month.

Nov 12, 2009
  5. jenne

jenne Member

I don't have the $$ to outright replace it...it's not a cheap piece, and I can live without it if I absolutely have to...just was wondering if there were any way it would be replaced for me. Curious if anyone else had this happen, and what they did about it...

Nov 12, 2009
  6. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

From what I've read on here, with other people's experiences of customers bumping things at fairs and the products breaking, HO will not be able to do anything for you.

Worth a try, but just letting you know what I've found through other's experiences here. GL! Sorry about your platter :(

Nov 12, 2009
  7. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that! Its certainly worth the call. Or maybe you canfine one on here for sale.

Nov 12, 2009
  8. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Put it on your Christmas list! :)

I'm sorry this happened to you...it does happen though when we bring breakables to events. I would be interested to know others protocol is when a customer does this as well, do you adhere to the "break it you buy it" tactic?

Nov 12, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

No, HO will not replace it for you. It is not covered under the liability insurance.

Nov 12, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted