• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Items to Get the Graduate to Take to College

In summary, Stephanie's daughter would love the following items: -B-day gift of the pink bar board and knife -Flyer for dorm room survival suggestions -Smaller can for reheating soup and storage for measuring spoons
Tree
I was thinking about this since my oldest will be graduating in June. While talking with her last night she stressed that there is very little storage room in a dorm and so would need the BAREST of essentials. Here is the list I just came up with. Does any one have any other suggestions?

Utility Knife
9x13 cutting board
Rice Cooker Plus
Bamboo Spoons, set of 3
Classic Scrapper
Twix-it Clips
Smooth Edge Can Opener
islice

This comes to $94.75 USD

Theresia Aylward

I think the small bar pan or the new small round stone would be a great gift for dorm students. It works in the microwave. My kids use my small bar pan all the time to reheat pizza. It is much less "soggy" when cooked on the stoneware. The small round stone is plate size, so she could make her plate and stick it in the microwave and wouldn't have to heat several items. The stoneware holds heat in too, so her food won't get cold as fast....will she have a refrigerator? The small quick-stir pitcher would be useful too.

There is a flyer on this site somewhere that is called Dorm Room Survival. That will have all of the suggestions you need. If you need me to post it, let me know. I think that list is awesome for a new college student!! You may even be able to do some shows for your daughter's new friends at college!!

Hmm. If I were heading to college today, I'd love to have:

Bare Essentials:
Rice Cooker Plus
Small Mix N' Scraper (2 if I could!)
Easy Read Meas. Cups + Mini (or Measure All Cup or Adj Scoop)
Smooth Edge Can Opener
Bamboo Tongs (especially if there's a toaster!)

With those few things almost any dorm food becomes do-able as long as there's a microwave. If there's no microwave, then substitute a hot pot for the RCP.

Extra Fun - Add if there's access to refrigerator and microwave.
Utility Knife w/Case
Bar Board (&/or Cutting Board)
Twixit! Clips
QuikStir Pitcher

Extravagance! (Not really necessary, but would be GREAT to have!)
Salt & Pepper Mill (if you like to salt and pepper food)
Easy Opener - to keep bottled carbonated drinks fresh longer
Can Strainer
i-Slice
Adj Measuring Spoons
Small Round Stone &/or Small Bar Pan
Coffee & More Cups - they're a bit too breakable, really, but they're the right size!

Last edited:
College necessitiesLarge Micro cooker and small micro cooker - microwave
Small bar board - to aid with quikut paring knife
Citrus peeler - great tool for oranges
Quikut paring knife - quick cutting jobs
Small bar pan - microwavable
Twixit clips - keep sealed chips, cereal, cookies fresh
Small batter bowl - microwavable, lid for storage
Bamboo tongs - toaster
can opener - easy, easy, easy way to open cans
I-slice - slice open wrapped CD's, cut out pictures and coupons
small quick stir pitcher

$95.00

Debbie

I gave my college age cousing a b-day gift full of TPC! She loves them!

~Small batter bowl to store leftovers in whatever she makes
~Small microcooker (reportedly she uses it every day!)
~Twixit clips
~Quickcut paring knife
~Bamboo tongs(great for chopstix)
~I-slice( for all those coupon
~Citrus peeler
~ SBCB

In May the pink bar board and knife would be perfect for college girls and maybe the magnets for calanders or shopping lists! IMO!

stephanieboyd said:
There is a flyer on this site somewhere that is called Dorm Room Survival. That will have all of the suggestions you need. If you need me to post it, let me know. I think that list is awesome for a new college student!! You may even be able to do some shows for your daughter's new friends at college!!
Stephanie,
Would you please post the Dorm Room Survival flier? It sounds awesome!
Thank you!
Jennifer

Give this a try. If it doesn't work, just do a search up above to find the original posting of it.

HTH

Attachments

• Dorm Room Survival.doc
    22 KB · Views: 486
I second the small batter bowl! Or even both if she can fit. The smaller can reheat soup and store and measure things!!

What Items to Get the Graduate to Take to College

When it comes to preparing for college, having the right items can make a big difference in a student's experience. Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about what items to get the graduate to take to college:

1. Do I need to buy all new items for college or can I use what I already have?

It's important to assess what you already have and what you may need before making any purchases. You may be able to use some items from home, such as bedding or toiletries, but it's always a good idea to check with your school's dorm guidelines to see what items are allowed and what is provided.

2. What kitchen items should I get for my dorm room?

Having some basic kitchen items in your dorm room can save you money and provide healthier options for meals. Some essential items to consider are a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, toaster oven, and some basic cooking utensils like a spatula and mixing spoon.

3. How many towels and linens should I bring to college?

It's a good idea to have at least 2 sets of towels and sheets so you always have a clean set available. You may also want to consider bringing a mattress pad for added comfort and protection.

4. What cleaning supplies should I have for my dorm room?

Keeping your dorm room clean is important for your health and well-being. Some essential cleaning supplies to have on hand are a multi-surface cleaner, disinfecting wipes, paper towels, and a broom or vacuum.

5. Are there any organizational items that can help me stay on top of my school work?

Staying organized is key in college, especially when it comes to managing coursework and assignments. Consider investing in a planner or desk organizer to help keep track of deadlines and important dates. A whiteboard or bulletin board can also be helpful for visual reminders and to-do lists.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
winklermom
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • ktraceyk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies