• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the amazing race and who were the Kentucky team that was eliminated?

In summary, the Cho brothers from Kentucky were eliminated from The Amazing Race last week. They were given a thousand-dollar gift certificate from J&R Music and Computer World, a Canon Rebel digital camera and Mac Powerbook, three different summer vacations, a Ford Explorer- Eddie Bauer edition, and a brand new home.
yummy4tummy
Okay, well I am a little behind here but I am a BIG fan of this show. I would love to be on it (anyone want to volunteer to be my "cheffer" team mate?) Well IF you are a viewer, you know that the Kentucky team was eliminated last week...they were the best (coalminer & wife). They were on The View the other day (just catching up on my DVR) and because they were so loved by everyone they showered them with gifts. This is what they got: a thousand-dollar gift certificate for Carharrt clothing for David who is a coal miner, a Canon Rebel digital camera and a MAC Powerbook - both provided by J&R Music and Computer World, three different summer vacations with hotel accommodations , a Ford Explorer- Eddie Bauer edition, and believe it or not, a brand new home for them and their three children! :eek:

Before the show Rosie told them that they were going to give them a family cruise package. Mary asked if they would also give one to the Chu (sp?) brothers too because without them, they would never made it as far as they did. Of course they did. How great is that?!
Valky

Amazing RaceI love Amazing Race.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think The people from Kentucky deserve what they are getting what sweet can kind people just fighting so there children can have life a liitle easier than they had. God Bless them everday.
I want the brothers to win to not the stuck up cheerleadres they are phony.:)

I wanted Kentucky to win so bad I was bummed when they got eleminated I am definitly going for the bros I also dont like the bueaty queens they are definitly giving bueaty queens a bad name

I would do The Amazing Race with you, but I don't think I am in good enough shape to win.

That is so awesome! I haven't watched it this season, but love the show. I would love to be on it too; couldn't take dh cause he won't fly!

I myself would love to be on it but my DH keeps telling me I have kids here at home I would hae loved to do the family edition with my sisters although we would have been like the pink ladies

My husband has totally got me hooked on the race! He is recording past seasons in the middle of the night that we missed and we are watching them too! I really loved Kentucky, the bama girls can go, because as much as they think they are a part of a team with the chos and kentucky, the would run over them with a bus if it meant they would not get eliminated. The cheerleaders are making me sick! The model guys are okay, Rob and Kimberly are too stressed out, and make each other stressed. I am really hoping the chos win, when they went to that memorial in vietnam (I think) they were the only ones who actually took a few minutes to look around and observe where they were. They have good hearts and wouldnt be mean to anyone.

Noelle Williams
Sales Director
Alabama

Another vote for the Cho brothers! They are playing the game the way I like. I think that's great that David and Mary got showered with all of those gifts. They seemed like very real people. Thanks for sharing that, info as I don't watch The View. I'd love to be on the show too but I definately think I would have a hard time not taking things personally. I'd love to be able to see some of those places and experience some of the challenges. Rappelling down that building last week! What fun!!

I went to school with David and my brothers, who are both coalminers, have worked with him. He was a few years ahead of me in high school, but I knew him. He and Mary are really great people. According to my SIL, she says the paper in Belfry said that Rosie is building them a house and sending them on vacation every year for 3 straight years starting next year since they are going on a vacation they won on the show this year. They received a new Ford Expedition from a local dealership, and someone gave David $2000 in Carthart workclothes. They received several other things as well as the opportunity to do a TV commercial.

I had so many relatives from out of state as well as friends from college calling me when they saw David and Mary wearing Belfry Pirate hats and tees. They wanted to know if I know them.

I too LOVE this show, but everytime it's time to apply for the Race I"M PREGNANT!!! URG!!! Before when I'd tell my family that I wanted to apply they just snicker, but now they know that down home country people can be on TV!!

Last edited:

Related to What is the amazing race and who were the Kentucky team that was eliminated?

1. What is "The Amazing Race" and how does it work?

"The Amazing Race" is a reality television show in which teams of two race around the world, completing challenges and competing against other teams for a cash prize. The teams must navigate through various countries and cultures while facing physical, mental, and emotional challenges. The first team to reach the final destination wins the grand prize.

2. How long has "The View" been on air?

"The View" first premiered on ABC in 1997, making it one of the longest-running daytime talk shows on television. It is currently in its 24th season and has featured a variety of co-hosts and guest hosts over the years.

3. Can anyone apply to be a contestant on "The Amazing Race"?

Yes, anyone who is over 21 years old and is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident can apply to be a contestant on "The Amazing Race." The show looks for a diverse range of teams, including couples, friends, siblings, and parent-child duos.

4. Who are the current hosts of "The View"?

The current hosts of "The View" are Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, and Meghan McCain. The show also features a rotating panel of guest hosts, including Sara Haines and Ana Navarro.

5. How do the contestants on "The Amazing Race" travel between destinations?

The contestants on "The Amazing Race" travel by a combination of airplanes, trains, boats, and other forms of transportation. The show provides them with a limited budget and they must figure out the most efficient and cost-effective way to travel to each destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefkristin
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
chefann
Back