• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Essentials Should I Take to a Show?

In summary, it is recommended to only bring what you need for your recipe, with perhaps a few additional items to showcase future host specials. It is also recommended to keep things simple and avoid bringing too many items, as it can be overwhelming and intimidating for guests. Bringing a few key items, such as the TTA, cookbooks, and newest products, is sufficient for a successful demonstration. It is also helpful to ask the host if there are any specific items they would like to see demonstrated. Overall, it is important to find a balance between having enough items to showcase, but not bringing too much to make set up and clean up a hassle.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
Hi everyone, this might seem like a strange question. But being that I have only been doing this for 5 months I feel like I take the whole kitchen with me when I go to a show. I have way too much stuff. What do you take? How do I decide and take less stuff? I come to someones house and I have two big bags and then I have my catalog tote another bag and finally the bag with the food that I buy for the host. I look like I am moving into someones house. Its insane. I need HELP!

Thanks everyone

Bring only what you need for your recipe, plus perhaps any items that will show future host specials for months you wish to book. For instance, if your March isn't full enough, bring a piece of Bamboo to show. Keep it simple and people will feel less intimidated...perhaps even be interested in the business!Good luck!

I only bring what I need for my recipe. No matter what you take, someone will always want to see something that you didn't bring.

I have to say...I used to bring quite a bit too...but lately, because I was tired of hauling it around and then having to wash it all (with cold/flu season, after people handled it and of course- "some houses").Anyway- now I bring what I need for my recipe and whatever is currently on special and coming up next month. I sometimes bring a few of the new products also (if they aren't too big). It hasn't hurt my sales...in fact, I think my shows did better! I am able to set up, therefore spend more time with the host and be ready for the guests when they arrive. Clean up is faster too. I try to bring one crate (I use the old PC Crate)- or consultant tote, and then lighter/smaller things can go in 1 reusable grocery bag. And it saves my back and load/unload time! So try it a few shows and see how you like it and how it goes.

I only bring what I'm using for the demo, plus cookbooks, a few spices, and always my TTA packed full. Plus my paperwork tote.
However, I tend to only do demos that use a ton of products...so here is how I pack:Old Red Crate (what I got when I signed on):
DCB w/ trivet
TTA Packed full
spices, sauces, sprinkles, and any food items I am bringing for the demo.
10" skillet
Towels and Hot Pad/Mitt packed around DCBConsultant Tote (the one you get now when you sign on)
SS Bowl Set
Mesh Colander Set
ERMC set
Stackable measuring cup set
Prep Bowls (a couple of both sizes)
Med Bamboo Tray (in pocket)
UM (in pocket)
Large Grooved Cutting Board
Stackable Cooling Rack
Med. Bamboo Bowl w/ giveaways in itCookbooks go in my paperwork tote. (I use the cranberry striped tote I earned a while back.)

I bring the newest stuff (or at least of sample of each), my TTA, the spices, the cookbooks, and the guest & host specials. I also ask the host if there's something in particular they want me to bring. I can carry everything in in two trips. I'm a hands-on shopper, so I try to accommodate others like me.

raebates said:
I bring the newest stuff (or at least of sample of each), my TTA, the spices, the cookbooks, and the guest & host specials. I also ask the host if there's something in particular they want me to bring. I can carry everything in in two trips. I'm a hands-on shopper, so I try to accommodate others like me.

I also do this. It seems lately, the most requested item for me to bring is the pineapple wedger...when they ask me to bring it, I let them know that if they have a pineapple on hand, I will also demo the wedger at the party.

I bring the products I am using for demo, my tool turnabout full of stuff, a few cookbooks, and usually a peice from each line. I always bring the DCB, (but that is usually in my demo) I bring a peice of bamboo, a metal sheet pan, (I think feeling the quality of that peice is great), a peice of cookware, the food chopper, (everyone loves that thing). Batter bowl, a cutting board, knifes in TTA, (usually these are key in my demo), and every once in awhile I borrow the stainless bowls from my mom in law and bring those. This all goes in the consultant tote we recieve with our lit, I also bring a little crate to put my dirty dishes in and usually carry my DCB, and briefcase in that. I carry all of my paperwork in the pocket of my consultant tote of my briefcase.

I use to bring all the spices as well, until once I noticed someone open one and stick their finger in to taste it :O
I found a 7 day a week am & pm pill dispenser (14 spaces) at the dollar tree, and put a couple tsp of each. Used a labeler to identify, I am actually selling more!!

I have 4-6 recipes picked out for every season so my kit is usually packed with the stuff to make the recipes. I have the old crate, TTA tote, DCB in the small envelope and for the recipes that need it, the trifle bowl. Then I also have the cranberry bag we earned with all my paperwork, my laptop and my black HWC bag that is my purse. If there is a host/guest special that I don't have already packed I will bring those also. So for January I brought the platter and bowl. Guess I'll have to think of what to bring for February.

Thanks everyone that is so helpful. I will certainly organize for my next show.

What Do You Take to a Show?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, this is a question I am often asked. Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions and their answers:

1. Can I bring my own food to a show?

Yes, you are more than welcome to bring your own food to a show. Our goal is to help you create delicious and easy meals, so feel free to bring any ingredients or recipes you would like to use.

2. Do I need to bring my own cooking utensils?

No, you do not need to bring your own cooking utensils. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I will bring all the necessary tools and equipment for the recipes we will be making during the show. However, if you have a favorite kitchen tool or gadget, you are welcome to bring it along.

3. What types of ingredients do you typically use in your recipes?

We use high-quality, fresh ingredients in our recipes. We also offer a variety of options for dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. If you have any specific dietary needs, please let me know before the show so I can make the necessary accommodations.

4. Can I purchase products at the show?

Absolutely! The Pampered Chef products used in the show will be available for purchase. You can place your order during the show, and it will be delivered to you within a few days. You can also host a show to earn free and discounted products.

5. How long does a show typically last?

A Pampered Chef show usually lasts about 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the recipes we are making. It is a fun and interactive experience, so time tends to fly by quickly. However, if you have any time constraints or need to leave early, please let me know beforehand so I can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • KarenMarie