• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do I do for taxes if I didn't receive a 1099 form?

In summary, if you made less than $600 in 2007, you are not required to file taxes, but you can if you want. You can also take advantage of all the write offs that are available.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Quick tax question for you seasoned consultants ( if you live in michigan it would be particularly helpful! )

I signed up on Oct. 2007. I just looked up my 1099 on CC and it said because my total earnings are below $600, I am not getting a 1099 for 2007.

So what do I do concerning taxes? We usually have someone do ours, because both the hubby and I are complete idiots when it comes to doing our own taxes. I didn't have state and federal taxes taken out of my earnings for 2007 ($483.83), so what do I need to do?? I am lost.

Help!

You don't have to file taxes on earnings less than $600.00

But....You can!! You will probably show a loss, so why not do it! You had the cost of your kit and any business materials! And when you look a the list I posted in another thread, there are lots of things to write off! So why not??:)

Its my understanding that even though you made under $600 you still need to file. Check in Consultants Corner and there is a Tax Time Tips information sheet. It states "Even though TPC does not generate 1099s to report income of less than $600, you are still responsible for reporting this income on your tax return."

jbdowd0798 said:
Its my understanding that even though you made under $600 you still need to file. Check in Consultants Corner and there is a Tax Time Tips information sheet. It states "Even though TPC does not generate 1099s to report income of less than $600, you are still responsible for reporting this income on your tax return."

Yep, this is correct! You are supposed to report "any" income made to the IRS. The Pampered Chef is just not required to send you a 1099 if you made less than $600. All you would need to take to your accountant is your commission statements and of course all your write offs!! :)

You only have to file if they never catch that you didn't file!:D I would do as others have suggested file and with so many write offs you will more than likely take a loss and get more money back. If you do not get to take a loss, you probably still will not be paying taxes on that much. Plus, you will have the peace of mind of not having to worry about the IRS ever catching that you didn't file and having to go back on pay penalties.

What is the purpose of "Help! Tax Question!"?

The purpose of "Help! Tax Question!" is to provide a platform for individuals to ask and receive answers to their tax-related questions from experts and other community members.

Who can ask a question on "Help! Tax Question!"?

Anyone can ask a question on "Help! Tax Question!" as long as it is related to taxes and follows the community guidelines.

Are the answers on "Help! Tax Question!" from qualified professionals?

Yes, the answers on "Help! Tax Question!" are from qualified professionals such as tax attorneys, certified public accountants, and enrolled agents. However, it is important to note that the answers are for informational purposes only and should not be considered as professional tax advice.

Is "Help! Tax Question!" free to use?

Yes, "Help! Tax Question!" is free to use for both asking and answering questions. However, there may be fees associated with hiring a professional for personalized tax advice based on the information provided on the platform.

Can I trust the information provided on "Help! Tax Question!"?

While the community members and experts on "Help! Tax Question!" strive to provide accurate and reliable information, it is always best to consult with a licensed tax professional for personalized advice. The information on the platform should be used for educational purposes only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
E R
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • elizabethfox