• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Webzine Article Re: Direct Sales (Mlm's)

In summary, the conversation talks about an article that praises Pampered Chef as a fair and ethical MLM company, while also discussing the negative aspects of other MLM companies. The conversation also includes personal experiences with MLM companies and praises for choosing to join Pampered Chef.
micocina
Gold Member
My Director just shared this article with me and it is a HUGE eye-opener!!! It is very long but worth the read. The best thing about it is that although it puts some popular DS companies in a bad light it is really POSITIVE when mentioning Pampered Chef (whoohooo). One more reason to be proud of what we do.

Quote from the article:

"In truth, not every single MLM is regarded as problematic by industry watchdogs. On his website, mlm-thetruth.com, Jon Taylor goes out of his way to highlight one company he feels operates aboveboard: Pampered Chef. “Fair and equitable distribution of income in compensation plans for participants who focus on product sales are extremely rare in MLM/network marketing,”

http://brainchildmag.com/essays/summer2008_schultz.asp

I read that article today and found it very interesting!

finley1991 said:
I read that article today and found it very interesting!
One of my consultants dropped PC to do Herbalife and after reading this it all made sense. She has had to borrow money to "invest", she was on the verge of losing her house, she doesn't see her kids as much and all they eat is Herbalife. A friend of hers told me all of this and added that she liked her better when she was doing PC. It is really sad.

One of my hosts had her show with me in Feb 2007. When we talked about the opportunity, she told me that she would NEVER do another DS business because she "got roped into MK". Fast forward to this afternoon... she calls me because she needs to return her kitchen shears and asked if she could bring them by.. I said yes and asked her to leave them by the door. She said that she would along with her current MK catalog. I asked her about it saying that when she had her show, she didn't seem really excited about it but today she was totally different and said that she's really into it now. Interesting....

finley1991 said:
One of my hosts had her show with me in Feb 2007. When we talked about the opportunity, she told me that she would NEVER do another DS business because she "got roped into MK". Fast forward to this afternoon... she calls me because she needs to return her kitchen shears and asked if she could bring them by.. I said yes and asked her to leave them by the door. She said that she would along with her current MK catalog. I asked her about it saying that when she had her show, she didn't seem really excited about it but today she was totally different and said that she's really into it now. Interesting....
It blew me away where it said they they are told to "say" things that are not so, yeah really makes you wonder.

Interesting article. Makes me glad I decided to join PC! I can't wait for DH to read it, one of his 'friends' tried getting him involved in another DS that is very much like the ones they talk about - THANK GOD he didn't get sucked in! He's a total PC supporter after his experience now too :)

A few months ago I was on a date and he asked me what I did for a living. I told him that I'm a sales manager with The Pampered Chef. His response: "So you don't have a real job?"Nice, eh?

So I'm assuming there wasn't a second date?
How rude!

HAHA! No... there was no second date. :yuck:

finley1991 said:
A few months ago I was on a date and he asked me what I did for a living. I told him that I'm a sales manager with The Pampered Chef. His response: "So you don't have a real job?"

Nice, eh?

and my reply would have been....."just like you don't have real hair?"

Thank you for sharing this Addie! Definitely worth reading.

finley1991 said:
A few months ago I was on a date and he asked me what I did for a living. I told him that I'm a sales manager with The Pampered Chef. His response: "So you don't have a real job?"

Nice, eh?

NO WAY!!! I don't know if I should laugh or be upset!!! Loser! You have the best job ever and one you can be proud of as we just confirmed. :)

pamperedlinda said:
Interesting article. Makes me glad I decided to join PC! I can't wait for DH to read it, one of his 'friends' tried getting him involved in another DS that is very much like the ones they talk about - THANK GOD he didn't get sucked in! He's a total PC supporter after his experience now too :)

Well... the consultant I spoke about before was doing fine with PC until her husband started taking the Herbalife behind her back for over a month and a half. He lost a lot of weight and was sold, he then signed up and let her know "they" were both doing this now. They almost divorced over it initially but he convinced her in the end. She was afraid to tell me that she was now involved with this and I told her that she should do what was best for her. I even tried the product and lost some weight too but it was too expensive to keep up. She told me later that they spent about $600 just on the stuff they consumed as a family a month!

What a fabulous article! I just sent it to my downline, upline and sideline!

ChefLisa said:
What a fabulous article! I just sent it to my downline, upline and sideline!
If they have family or friends that do those businesses expect some input. ;)

1. What is the difference between direct sales and MLM's?

Direct sales is a method of selling products or services directly to consumers, typically through parties, demonstrations, or one-on-one interactions. MLM (multi-level marketing) is a specific type of direct sales where independent representatives earn commission not only on their own sales, but also on the sales of others they recruit into the business.

2. Is MLM a pyramid scheme?

No, MLM is not a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are illegal and involve making money solely by recruiting others into the scheme without any actual sale of products or services. MLM's involve legitimate products or services being sold to consumers, and representatives can only earn commission through product sales.

3. How do I choose the right MLM company to work for?

It's important to research and evaluate the products, compensation plan, and company culture before joining an MLM. Make sure the products are ones you are passionate about and believe in, and that the compensation plan is fair and sustainable. Also, look into the company's reputation and how supportive they are of their representatives.

4. What are the benefits of working for an MLM company?

The main benefit of working for an MLM company is the potential to earn a significant income through both personal sales and building a team. Many MLM companies also offer flexible schedules and the ability to work from home. Additionally, representatives often have access to training and support from the company.

5. Are there any downsides to working for an MLM company?

While there are many advantages to working for an MLM company, it's important to be aware of some potential downsides. MLM's can be competitive and require a lot of hard work and dedication to succeed. There may also be initial costs for purchasing products or marketing materials. Additionally, not all MLM companies have a good reputation, so it's important to thoroughly research before joining one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Addie4TLC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChef_ang
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Back