• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to make a difference for soldiers overseas? Check out Toys for Troops!

In summary, the conversation discusses a blog by a cab driver in Hawaii that has links to other blogs, including one about a woman in Illinois who started a group called Toys for Troops. The group sends Beanie Babies and other items to US troops in the Middle East as a gesture of goodwill. One person in the conversation shared information about her husband's deployment and connected the Toys for Troops group with the soldier. The group recently received a thank you letter from the soldier and is seeking donations to cover postage costs and send more care packages. The conversation ends with others in the group sharing their support and sending postcards to the troops.
chefann
Gold Member
This gets a little convoluted, so bear with me.There's a blog I read regularly by a cab driver in Hawaii. He has lots of links to other cool blogs on his site. A while back, he had a post about a woman in Illinois who started a group called Toys for Troops that sends Beanie Babies to US troops in the middle east, for distribution to the local children as a gesture of good will. Nikke posted info here about her husband's deployment several months back. I asked her if I could pass his info to Lori, the Toys lady. I did so.Well, apparently, Tony got a box of toys and was finally able to distribute them. Lori has a post on her blog today with a thank you letter from him.You can see the post at This Just In.If you're looking for ways to pay things forward, consider a donation to Toys for Troops. They need money to cover postage to send the packages overseas. They're also usually looking for Beanie Babies (no religious ones, overtly political ones - like red white and blue bears, or others that would be offensive to Muslims like witches and other halloween designs) or soccer balls to send, as well as care package items for the soldiers.You can also go to Let's Say Thanks, and send a postcard for FREE to the troops.

Last edited:
That's awesome!

What a great story! Thanks for sharing. I've been doodling in my brain and on paper about starting a nonprofit also. My DH will be overseas by the end of the year for a second time. My brain is going constantly!

Thanks for sharing a success story! Gives me hope that people will help out! :)

And how cool is this - I just sent Lori a note and may be doing a online FR for Toys for Troops, to help them raise postage money. :D

How awesome, Ann! Thanks for sharing, and for "paying it forward" - I love these kind of stories!!

Great! I just sent a postcard. Good idea, Ann.

That's so cool! Very neat.:)

Great story, Ann. I love that people do things like this for our troops. That's the reason I have the link on my sig. When it all started, the schools were sending care packages, etc but the last couple of years it's all stopped even though our men and women are still there. They still need our support and encouragement so it's nice to see the ball hasn't been dropped.

What is "Paying the Good Stuff Forward"?

"Paying the Good Stuff Forward" is a program created by Pampered Chef to encourage acts of kindness and generosity within our community and beyond. It is a way for us to spread positivity and make a difference in the world.

How does "Paying the Good Stuff Forward" work?

The program works by giving our customers the opportunity to pay for a product or service for someone else as a random act of kindness. This could be anything from buying a meal for a stranger to gifting a Pampered Chef product to a friend or family member. The goal is to spread kindness and positivity without expecting anything in return.

Can anyone participate in "Paying the Good Stuff Forward"?

Yes, anyone can participate in this program. It is open to all Pampered Chef customers and consultants, as well as anyone who wants to spread kindness and make a positive impact on someone's day. We believe that anyone has the power to make a difference, no matter how big or small.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to participate?

No, you do not need to be a consultant to participate in "Paying the Good Stuff Forward". We encourage everyone to spread kindness and do good deeds, regardless of their affiliation with Pampered Chef. However, as a consultant, you have the opportunity to promote the program and inspire others to join in on the movement.

How can I get involved in "Paying the Good Stuff Forward"?

There are many ways to get involved in this program. You can start by simply paying for someone else's product or service, whether it's a Pampered Chef product or something else. You can also spread the word and encourage others to participate. Additionally, you can share your own acts of kindness on social media using the hashtag #PamperedChefPaysItForward to inspire others to join in on the movement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Back