• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Volunteer Flyer Making: A Micro-Manager's Dream!

In summary, Rae thinks that being micro-managed in a volunteer duty is frustrating. She recommends putting your work on a disk and letting the person who is telling you to make changes do it themselves.
Brandie
Okay, so my daughter goes to this hoity-toity preschool (that we love not for it's hoity-toitiness, but for the really great education and teachers), and I am helping with the big spring fund-raising event. I am the flyer-maker. I kick @$$ at making flyers. That's why I volunteered.

I think I'm gonna quit.

My latest flyer--I'm working on revision #5. Nothing is ever quite good enough--first the copy isn't quite right. Then the columns are too confusing (they're not). Then the tear-off tickets at the bottom arent' quite right, and more changes have to be made to the copy...

I can't believe I'm being micro-managed in a volunteer flyer-making duty. Sheesh!

I do a lot of volunteer work for my children's schools. If you have someone who is in charge to be in "charge" and feel important you'll run into these this kind of *rap often.
If I were you I would put your work on a disk and let who ever is telling you to make changes to do it themselfs. Let them know that it might be easier for them to finish it since they know what they want.
One of two things with happen
1. They'll take it and finish it. It might come back just the way you have it
2. They'll just let you finish it the way you want.

Good Luck

Hey, Brandie, want me to come and kick them all in the ankles? You know I'd do it for you.

I love the idea about the disk! I hadn't even thought of that! Maybe I'll take that in Monday when I take my FINAL draft in.

Thanks, Rae--I know I can always count on you for help. I think maybe shin-kicking is what's called for here. Are you tall enough for that?

Sorry I couldn't help myself!

I don't know. Depends on how tall they are. You know I'm a wee little thing, at least in height.

I love to volunteer at school as well but it's these types of situations that make me want to stay away. All I can say is Do your best. (Love the disc Idea) and do what makes you happy.

I think I may to stick to volunteering with work that won't put me in these situations in the future: campus clean-up days, library volunteer, etc.

Rae--the two people who are really irking me at this point are both height-challenged. You should have no trouble, even if you wanted to do some kicking to a higher (and posterior) area... Shall I get you some addresses? :)

I've been a little irked with a co-worker lately at my temp job, so, just point me in their direction. I can take out my frustration on their tushies. Maybe that will relieve the pain in mine.

i made a flyer (which i kick a$$ at too) for the american red cross. it was a nightmare. i finally made them happy with in and sent the final version to the girl to print it. well she printed the correct from but the wrong back! the back of the flyer (it was folded in half like a booklet) siad "Verna Kemp quote here" where i later put in the quote! i couldn't believe it! and my name was associated with the flyer! i will NEVER do that again. I make awesome flyers if i am in charge.

Related to Volunteer Flyer Making: A Micro-Manager's Dream!

1. What is the purpose of "Volunteer Flyer Making: A Micro-Manager's Dream!"?

The purpose of this event is to create flyers for a volunteer organization with the help of a micro-manager. This allows for a more organized and efficient process, resulting in high-quality flyers that effectively convey the message of the organization.

2. Who can participate in this event?

Anyone who is interested in volunteering their time and skills to create flyers for a good cause can participate. No prior experience in flyer making is required.

3. How long does this event typically last?

The length of the event may vary depending on the number of volunteers and the complexity of the flyers. However, on average, it can take anywhere from 2-3 hours.

4. What materials are needed for this event?

All materials will be provided by Pampered Chef, including paper, markers, and any other necessary supplies. However, volunteers are welcome to bring their own materials if they prefer.

5. Will there be a micro-manager present at the event?

Yes, a micro-manager from Pampered Chef will be present at the event to provide guidance and assistance in creating the flyers. They will also ensure that the process runs smoothly and efficiently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef