• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Voluntary Evacuaton of Military Dependents Here in Japan

In summary, the President of the United States has authorized a military assisted voluntary departure of dependents from Japan. There will be cargo passenger planes landing here on Atsugi, first taking women & children (possibly to Korea) for 1-2 days then another transfer to a new
We got a 5 hour nap & the kids were up again. I let them run around & play for 2 hours. They snacked on some cereal that we had here in the room & I just laid them back down. I thought my (3 year old) daughter went to sleep, but my (2 year old) son kept making noises & I had to get on to him. Now it looks like he's down but she's not yet. I have their Tot Clock here in the hotel room, so it's playing their music that they listen to at home & will hopefully pass out soon. ;) Mommy needs more sleep!!! LOL

hope you got some sleep :)

Hope you are rested for your continuing travels today.

So glad you are on your way home. We went to the zoo yesterday and went to bed at 9 p.m. I was so tired--I can only imagine how exhausted you are!Many thoughts and prayers for continued safety for your entire family!

I'll have to come back later to read all the responses, just wanted to say that we arrived in Dallas last night and got to my friends house around midnight. I got the kids down just before 1AM, tried to sign into internet but was having a hard time. My friend works nights & had already left for work & her hubby was sleeping, so I used her computer to e-mail Hubby & let him know that we were okay, then went to bed. I crawled in bed at 1AM ... exactly 55 hour from when I had crawled out of bed in Japan to start the journey. Man, that was a loooooooong one! So glad to be done.We had a really rough night of sleeping. My 2 year old woke me twice between 1AM & 3AM to pee, then they were both up at 4AM. I got the little one back down but my daughter did not want to go back down. She tossed & turned (in the same bed with me) until I swatted her bum at 7:30 and told her it was time to go to sleep. I then slept good from 7:30-11:30. So ready for a good night's sleep.The dog needs a bath. Lord, the dog needs a bath. She was in her kennel in our room last night and reeks of urine. Yick!!! Anybody wanna come to Red Oak, Texas & wash the dog & her kennel? LOL

Glade you made it safely and from what I've seen on the news good that you were able to leave. Prayers go out to those left behind and the nation of Japan.

Thanks everyone. We still haven't gotten 8 hours of sleep. Kiera & I started feeling sick in the hotel in Seattle, Connor picked up on it a few hours later. Now all 3 of us have sinus stuff going on. We were up & down all night last night. The plane didn't land last night until 9:45 PM. By the time we got the luggage & the dog, stopped to eat & made it to my friend's house it was almost 1AM! I got the kids in bed as quick as I could & e-mailed hubby to say we were here. My son had me up twice before 3AM. At 4AM my daughter was up & didn't go back down until I threatened to spank her at 7:30. We then all 3 slept really well from 7:30-11:30. We got a 45 min nap before dinner tonight. It's my Anniversary. Wishing I could have spent the day with hubby, but he sent roses & paid to have the in-laws arrange a dinner with me, the kids, the in-laws and my friends who have opened their home to me during this time. We all went to Saltgrass (a restaurant Hubby & I love). Would rather have spent the evening with him, but they were a great substitute.About to head to bed, just wanted to check in before going. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Happy Anniversary!!!! I am sorry that you couldn't spend it together, but it sounds like your hubby did a good job making up for it :)

I would LOVE to come down and wash your pooch! Hope you get some rest and you all get settled in. So glad you left when you did. Feel so bad for everyone in Japan.

<h2>1. What is the reason for the voluntary evacuation of military dependents in Japan?</h2><p>The President of the US has authorized a military assisted VOLUNTARY departure of dependents from Japan due to safety concerns following recent events.</p><h2>2. How will the evacuation process work?</h2><p>Air Force cargo passenger planes will be landing at Atsugi, with women and children being the first to depart. They will then possibly be transferred to Korea for 1-2 days before being taken to a final destination, which has not yet been determined. Pacific Air Force planes will also be flying into Narita, Yokota, and Atsugi, with the goal of evacuating 10,000 people per day. Civilian airliners may also be used to assist in the evacuation process.</p><h2>3. What should military dependents do to prepare for the evacuation?</h2><p>Those who are planning to evacuate are advised to pack a suitcase with enough clothing and necessities for 3-5 days, as well as their passports and any important items such as diapers and baby food. They should also plan to be gone for a few days.</p><h2>4. Is this considered an emergency situation?</h2><p>No, this is not an emergency. It is a precautionary measure being taken to ensure the safety of military dependents in Japan.</p><h2>5. When will the evacuations begin?</h2><p>The evacuations are expected to begin within the next 24 hours, with the goal of moving 10,000 people per day. However, this timeline may change depending on various factors.</p>

1. What is the reason for the voluntary evacuation of military dependents in Japan?

The President of the US has authorized a military assisted VOLUNTARY departure of dependents from Japan due to safety concerns following recent events.

2. How will the evacuation process work?

Air Force cargo passenger planes will be landing at Atsugi, with women and children being the first to depart. They will then possibly be transferred to Korea for 1-2 days before being taken to a final destination, which has not yet been determined. Pacific Air Force planes will also be flying into Narita, Yokota, and Atsugi, with the goal of evacuating 10,000 people per day. Civilian airliners may also be used to assist in the evacuation process.

3. What should military dependents do to prepare for the evacuation?

Those who are planning to evacuate are advised to pack a suitcase with enough clothing and necessities for 3-5 days, as well as their passports and any important items such as diapers and baby food. They should also plan to be gone for a few days.

4. Is this considered an emergency situation?

No, this is not an emergency. It is a precautionary measure being taken to ensure the safety of military dependents in Japan.

5. When will the evacuations begin?

The evacuations are expected to begin within the next 24 hours, with the goal of moving 10,000 people per day. However, this timeline may change depending on various factors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies