• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Virtual Bridal Shower Ideas: Tips and Tricks for Hosting an Online Celebration

In summary, the conversation was discussing the idea of hosting an online bridal shower for a future sister-in-law who has family spread out across the country. Suggestions were given on how to set up the shower, including sending out evites, using Constant Contact, and setting up a wedding registry for guests to order from. It was also mentioned to post the wishlist on the host's website and update it as orders come in. The conversation ended with thanking others for their helpful advice.
abaker1
Gold Member
Hi!

Has anyone ever done a online Bridal Shower? I have a customer that wanted to do an online catalog show, but now wants to do a Bridal Shower online for her SIL to be. The family is all spread out over the country and they figured this would be a good way to do it! I was thinking that I would just send out evites through my PWS--like the catalog show ones.. And then maybe type in her wish list in the email somehow? If anyone has ever done this before and has some advice for me I would greatly appreciate it!! :) Thanks!

I just did this for one of my nieces since we are spread out too. I sent out an email telling them about the Online PC Bridal Shower. Then, I had to do a follow up one as well (easy from the website!). I asked that everyone responded even if they weren't going to participate so that I knew they received my email. Actually, I used Constant Contact since my family is already in my email lists and I could tell who opened the email and clicked on the link to my website :).Then treat it as a typical shower. People can order for themselves and even have the products directly shipped if they want. As for the wish list, I have my brides to the wedding registry! That way her friends/family can check out her list, but I am SURE to tell them not to order there. Otherwise, yes, just put it in the email. OR...even better...put it in the calendar section of your website with the date and bride's name wishlist. That way you can update it as you receive orders.I personally did a surprise shower. She should be getting my warning box today and hopefully the boxes tomorrow or the next day :) Everyone just picked their favorites and surprisingly no duplicates and a lot of the typical favorites :).Good luck with it!

Gotta ask a question here. If you set up a registry, is the S&H handle as an individual order or as a party with $4 S&H? I am thinking it is the individual order thing and more expensive but I just don't know and have no idea where to look.

Thanks Jules711 for your help!! I hope it goes well too!! :)

For the registry, it IS direct shipping so if you use this for a shower, you need to be SURE that everyone understands that before the shower, it's for easy looking. After the shower, you have a wedding registry set up!

I would just post her wishlist on your homepage. Set up a paragraph just for them. I do this all the time - and if you have a picture of them - use that. If not, I have used the pic of the spoons tied together (I think its on cc). Direct people to your website. They order from the wishlist that is right there - as orders come in, delete that item. I will try to search for the wording that I used and post it here or PM it to you. I have it saved someplace. This is simple and works great. I use this format with all my showers.

Thank you Cindy!! :)

Cindycooks said:
I would just post her wishlist on your homepage. Set up a paragraph just for them. I do this all the time - and if you have a picture of them - use that. If not, I have used the pic of the spoons tied together (I think its on cc). Direct people to your website. They order from the wishlist that is right there - as orders come in, delete that item. I will try to search for the wording that I used and post it here or PM it to you. I have it saved someplace. This is simple and works great. I use this format with all my showers.

1. What exactly is a "Bridal Shower Online?"

A "Bridal Shower Online" is a virtual celebration held for a bride-to-be. It is hosted online, typically through a video conferencing platform, where the bride's friends and family can join in and celebrate with her from the comfort of their own homes.

2. How does a "Bridal Shower Online" work?

Similar to a traditional bridal shower, a "Bridal Shower Online" typically includes games, gift opening, and well-wishes for the bride. The only difference is that it is all done virtually through a video call, with guests participating from their own homes.

3. Can I still purchase gifts for the bride even if the shower is online?

Absolutely! Many online retailers, including Pampered Chef, offer the option to purchase gifts and have them shipped directly to the bride's home. This allows guests to still give the bride gifts, even if they are unable to attend the virtual shower.

4. Do I need any special equipment or software to attend a "Bridal Shower Online?"

You will need a device with a camera and microphone (such as a laptop, tablet, or smartphone) and a stable internet connection to attend a "Bridal Shower Online." The specific video conferencing platform being used may also require you to download their app or program beforehand.

5. Can I still play traditional bridal shower games during a virtual shower?

Yes, there are many traditional bridal shower games that can be adapted for a virtual setting. For example, a game like "Bridal Bingo" can be played by creating and sharing virtual bingo cards with the guests. You can also get creative and come up with new games that work well in a virtual environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies