• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Velveta--What's Your Fav. Recipe?

In summary, Velveeta is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make a variety of dishes, including mac and cheese, broccoli cheese soup, queso dip, chicken and rice casserole, and more. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new recipes.
flemings99
Gold Member
Bought a brick of velveta a while back--sure I had a recipe in mind to try and have never done it. Almost out of date & no idea what the recipe was or where it would be. Ideas on what to make?

Love this one. Everyone always asks for it. In fact, I have to make it for a July 4th get-together.

Sausage Con Queso Dip

1 lb. Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage Roll
1 pkg. (16 oz.) pasteurized processed cheese (Velveeta)
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes & green chiles (undrained), or one jar (16 ounces) salsa
Tortilla chips

Crumble and cook sausage in large saucepan over medium heat until browned. Drain. Cut cheese into cubes and add to sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted. Stir in tomatoes/chiles. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

Makes 16 servings

I have always made it with the tomatoes/chiles. Never tried it with the salsa. I follow the directions then throw it in a crock pot.

Last edited:
As a dip, rotel & veleeta is great.

I always steam broccoli, carrots & cauliflower then make a velveeta cheese sauce. Put the cheese over the steamed veggies... :)

oh my gosh!! can't imagine velveeta getting close to the expir date!!
We go thru about 5 pounds every 2 weeks
grilled cheese
queso (like recipe posted)
sauce for veggies
scalloped potatoes
cheese soups
mac and cheese
on crackers
broccoli rice cassrole

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you have a brick of Velveeta that is almost out of date and you can't remember the recipe you had in mind. Luckily, Velveeta is such a versatile ingredient and there are so many delicious recipes you can make with it. Have you considered making a classic mac and cheese or a creamy broccoli cheese soup? You could also try making a cheesy queso dip for game day or a cheesy chicken and rice casserole. Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different flavors and ingredients. I'm sure whatever you end up making will be delicious. Let me know how it turns out!

What is Velveeta and why is it popular in cooking?

Velveeta is a brand of processed cheese product that is known for its smooth and creamy texture. It is popular in cooking because it melts easily and has a rich flavor that can enhance many dishes.

Can Velveeta be used in both sweet and savory dishes?

Yes, Velveeta can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. Its versatility allows it to be used in everything from mac and cheese to chocolate fondue.

What are some popular recipes that use Velveeta?

Some popular recipes that use Velveeta include Velveeta cheese dip, Velveeta shells and cheese, and Velveeta cheesy potatoes. It can also be used in casseroles, soups, and sandwiches.

Is Velveeta a healthier alternative to regular cheese?

Velveeta is not considered a healthier alternative to regular cheese. It is a processed cheese product and may contain additives and preservatives. However, it can be used in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

How should Velveeta be stored?

Velveeta should be stored in the refrigerator and kept in its original packaging. It can also be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container. Avoid freezing Velveeta as it can change the texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • robochick84